Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

True. But all the actors is SW's say that GL couldn't write dialogue or direct romance, so why Mr. Haydenson gets eviscerated is beyond me.

• Like 1

This'll be great. He never deserved his criticisms IMO. He gave us some of the worst but also some of the best scenes in SW. There were times when he really shined through in EP. 3. People only tend to look at the two or three scenes he was cringy in and not the rest

Star wars: The Last Jedi Teaser Trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qsg0fku78o

Are they talking about the Jedi as a religion or any light side users of the force are going to be killed haha?

Luke talks about the Jedi as an religion. Many people have already specualted that Luke will have q Grey Jedi mindset because Yoda and Obi-Wan teachings were very different from the Prequels when it came to emotions and family. And if you consider that his whole Order was wiped out, it's understandable that he has doubts about the Jedi Order. 

I loved the trailer. I loved the little audio pieces from previous movies when Rey is reaching out with the force. I loved the shot of Finn in what has to be the Bacta Suit that was talked about. I loved that shot of the burning building at the end, probably Luke's old academy since R2 is there. Other stuff that was stated at the Panel was that the Galaxy is in total chaos after the destruction of Starkiller Base and Hosnian Prime and there were hints at a major action setpiece at the beginning of the movie. 

Yeah I knew of Yodas approach to love and family, Qui Gonn was a bit of a rogue to the order as well wasn't he? And he would of passed down a lot of his beliefs to Yoda, Obi Wan and Luke as a ghost. 

I loved the far away shot of Rey swinging her lightsaber, I don't know why. 

The title has been ripped into since they released it. 

Music that doesn't immedietaly scream Star Wars, no familar imaginary or easily noticeable fan service... it almost feels like they're making a new movie instead of cashing in on nostalgia alone like the last two?

I approve!

• Like 3

Music that doesn't immedietaly scream Star Wars, no familar imaginary or easily noticeable fan service... it almost feels like they're making a new movie instead of cashing in on nostalgia alone like the last two?

I approve!

It depends on what nostalgia you mean, Rogue One was nostalgia in terms of design and filled with nostalgic Easter Eggs, while Episode VII was nostalgic through its storyline.

What I noticed is that when we see Kylo Ren's face during duel, he has a scar and a cataract on his right eye, finally looking decent and intimidating. I also liked every shot with Rey and Ahch-To. And, every rumour turned out to be false - that we won't see Luke (No face-revealing, yet he's present) and that we'll see Princess General Leia.

Star wars: The Last Jedi Teaser Trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qsg0fku78o

Are they talking about the Jedi as a religion or any light side users of the force are going to be killed haha?

I believe that Luke came to the same conclusion that Kreia did thousands of years before him.

Light side, dark side, alone, they are incomplete on themselves, for they are simply pieces of a whole

Only combined, they achive meaning and true balance may be achived.

Just like it was with Revan.

• Like 2

The first trailer was far better. This was just a piece of poorly placed scenes from the film and the last quote doesn't really sound well. I have a feeling this trailer was made quickly just to serve the expectations of fan service.

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

Yay. Let's disavow the EU, then bastardize the crap out of it and re-release it as something new and original!

<shudders>

Disney sucks.

Yay. Let's disavow the EU, then bastardize the crap out of it and re-release it as something new and original!

<shudders>

Disney sucks.

Surejan.jpg

<shudders>

Disney sucks.

I don't really get what this has to do with Episode 8 lol

I think the trailer was cut just be misleading, especially the moments when Kylo is about to blow up a resistence ship and the end with Rey and Kylo. It still had a lot of shots that made me very exited for the movie.

TFA was bad... R1 was bad... Following these trends... TLJ will be bad

I told myself before Episode 7 came out that I would watch the next one if 7 was good enough. I watched it, it was okay, and so I'll watch episode 8. My experience with that will dictate my decision with episode 9.

At least now I know not to expect any sort of continuation of the story of the OT...

<shudders>

Disney sucks.

I'm not happy about it either.

I legitimately hated TFA and consider it one of the worst Sci-fi movies I've seen for the writing alone; and felt Rogue One belonged on the CW11 lineup for its forced acting, painfully paper-thin premise and agonizingly predictable plot.

However, I have kept my mouth shut about it because there are people who enjoy it. Maybe I'm from a different wavelength or maybe it's an age thing, but if there's an audience for it then there is no reason to insult them by reminding them of how much I hate it.

There's no place to voice my displeasure aside from the few echo chambers in a select comment section, so while I completely understand and even agree with your criticism of what Disney did with The Star Wars licence, there's simply no reason to bring it up out of the blue in a hype section for Disney's next project.

(I've since focused my energies on reminding folks of how cool the EU was and supporting projects like EAW mods Thrawn's Revenge and Awakening of the Rebellion which seek to preserve the EU canon. So perhaps that's the best we can do in the mean time... )

I agree. I hated tfa. Honestly, tfa and r1 are the first two sw movies I just cannot watch the whole through when I feel like binge watching sw.

I have noticed however that many more people are starting to realise that tfa isnt as great as it was when it first came out. And if tlj turns out the same way. Do not be surprised if these movies are criticised like the pt in the future. I mean it wasnt until after aotc that people started digging into TPM aswell

• Like 1

Rogue One was banal and felt dull.

TFA was unoriginal but it was fun, had interesting moments and good new characters.

TLJ needs to blow the door off the building and shatter all the windows if it wants me on-board with these new films. 

I agree. I hated tfa. Honestly, tfa and r1 are the first two sw movies I just cannot watch the whole through when I feel like binge watching sw.

I have noticed however that many more people are starting to realise that tfa isnt as great as it was when it first came out. And if tlj turns out the same way. Do not be surprised if these movies are criticised like the pt in the future. I mean it wasnt until after aotc that people started digging into TPM aswell

You were right Haveayap. Although I wouldn't say TFA is a bad movie, I will say that I just don't like it that much. I think my lack of excitement for Episode 8 comes from that. Idk what it is, but I'm getting this weird feeling of bland sci-fi from the trailers. Maybe I'll be wrong?

• Like 1

JJ Abrams screwed things up. He should have used Timothy Zahn's Thrawn series of books for reference for the new trilogy. I would love to see the mad Jedi Joruus C' Baoth in the movies.

• Like 1

If TFA was a clone of ANH then TLJ will be a carbon-copy of ESB. Four-legged walkers in battle formation on a white surface (they couldn't do snow so they thought salt might be better), ships that have no innovation at all and look exactly the same as the originals (take a look at Kylo's fighter) and merchandising gimmicks more prolific than Ewoks (what the hell is that penguin thing anyway?).

At least R1 was interesting and fast-paced. No rubbish 'happy ending' or crappy romance. But this? Who the hell knows.

At university we're taught that if you use your own work from previous semesters then you've plagiarised. Of course, movies all draw on each other to some extent but at what point does merely extracting and slightly modifying an idea become plagiarism?

• Like 1

JJ Abrams screwed things up. He should have used Timothy Zahn's Thrawn series of books for reference for the new trilogy. I would love to see the mad Jedi Joruus C' Baoth in the movies.

When I first heard that there was going to be a new Star Wars trilogy several years back, I immediately thought that Heir to the Empire, along with the rest of the Thrawn trilogy were going the new films. I thought such an idea was perfect- take a classic EU novel and put it to film. Make the older generations happy and introduce the younger generation to a book series that kicked off the EU. Sadly, that obviously never happened.

• Like 2