VarsityPuppet

New Legal Screens!

As I continue my procrastination spree, I present to you guys another mod no one asked for:

New Legal Screens!

I don't know about you guys, but I'm tired of seeing the same title screens over and over again, especially when some of them are kind of boring.

Malak with a lightsaber? BORING.

Nihilus Sion and Visas? YAWN.

So I'm going to post what I have here and tell me which you version you want to see as  a mod, or recommend your own version.

Here's the K1 versions:

Revan and Malak v1:

dv4frd8.jpg

Revan and Malak v2:

hGPEwY5.jpg

Revan and Malak v3:

neFnjGz.jpg

Malak:

hLd1wQy.jpg

Bastila, Revan, Star Forge:

wULQhGg.jpg

K2 versions:

Atris vs. Nihilus:

ynEJXCY.jpg

Atris vs. Sion:

C75zIls.jpg

Yeah there are not that many good promo images for Kotor 2 (that are large enough)

• Like 4

Why does Bastila in the Star Forge one look like Satale Shan from the Old Republic MMO

Does she? They look considerably different

b0d65bcaf60f8dfa6fd1a5febfa18739.jpg

For sure I'll take Revan and Malak v3 and Atris vs Sion as soon as they're released.

I also wonder if it could be possible to replace animated LucasArts logo with a newer one.

I also wonder if it could be possible to replace animated LucasArts logo with a newer one.

I rather like the old one.  However, I think tinting the Bioware logo to blue would better match the menu screens for KotOR1.

Even more importantly, fix the following spelling issues.

menuscreen1_zpsj2jqy1kd.png

Update: Already sent VP the text as it appears on the screens for KOTOR and for TSL. (Different info is on each screen.)

• Like 2

I rather like the old one.  However, I think tinting the Bioware logo to blue would better match the menu screens for KotOR1.

Even more importantly, fix the following spelling issues.

menuscreen1_zpsj2jqy1kd.png

Update: Already sent VP the text as it appears on the screens for KOTOR and for TSL. (Different info is on each screen.)

I uh.. just put those there to make sure you were paying attention. Good job

• Like 4

Only time I can think of another modder editing the legal screens was the creator of the Blue Interface in TSL mod.

404056-192900-darth-nihilus.jpg

He used this picture more or less. VP is definitely blazing new territory!

• Like 1

Only time I can think of another modder editing the legal screens was the creator of the Blue Interface in TSL mod.

Kaidon Jorn edited legal screens, too. He usually just took a default loadscreen and wrote the name of his mod with fancy fairy letters, so you couldn't focus on the original legal information.
  • Like 1

Does she? They look considerably different

b0d65bcaf60f8dfa6fd1a5febfa18739.jpg

Oh, well when you think about she is wearing a very similar style of clothing; that Satale wore something Bastila herself never wore.

All you need to do is change the colors around and it looks like Satale Shan.

Oh, well when you think about she is wearing a very similar style of clothing; that Satele wore something Bastila herself never wore.

All you need to do is change the colors around and it looks like Satale Shan.

They are pretty different, but I can see where you're coming from. The artist used the incorrect designs for the shoulders.

Did nobody realize that BOS:SR added an extra image to before the legal screen in K1?

I did. It's where I went to find out that in K1, the legal screen is in a bik. In K2, it's in a tga file, though interestingly, it also has a Legal.bik, just it seems unused

Thanks for pointing out that this screen is from the Blue UI mod ! I was trying to get that back into my game for a long time.

Anyways, these legal screens look awesome. If I would have seen the one with Revan, Bastila and the Starforge the first time I played Kotor I would have been even more exited. Same for the one in which Atris fight Darth Sion.

Thanks for pointing out that this screen is from the Blue UI mod ! I was trying to get that back into my game for a long time.

Anyways, these legal screens look awesome. If I would have seen the one with Revan, Bastila and the Starforge the first time I played Kotor I would have been even more exited. Same for the one in which Atris fight Darth Sion.

Ha! That's the idea.

I think I will probably use those in my game personally.

I did. It's where I went to find out that in K1, the legal screen is in a bik. In K2, it's in a tga file, though interestingly, it also has a Legal.bik, just it seems unused

Also has a .tlk entry IIRC.

And Malak looks like a Baldurs Gate character image.

Also has a .tlk entry IIRC.

And Malak looks like a Baldurs Gate character image.

Really? Is it actually used in the game anywhere?

And yeah, I don't know where that Malak picture is from originally, I just found it in Google Image search ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Really? Is it actually used in the game anywhere?And yeah, I don't know where that Malak picture is from originally, I just found it in Google Image search ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not as far as I know. Was one of the first things to try before we ended with the updated menu logo.

New screens!

Getting close. Probably got the final lineup

Need a spell check on the Legal Messages

8lINwr5.jpg

7FFCDJ4.jpg

Absolutely love the look! Incidentally, are those for both K1 and K2, because it would be a possibly cheesy addition, but still interesting if the HK was silverized (Turned into HK50) for Kotor 2, as basically everything was slightly changed between it and Kotor 1.

Either way, they are a great alternative to the originals and are frankly more professional looking, too. :)