Sign in to follow this  
VarsityPuppet

R.I.P. Carrie Fisher

I can't believe it, goodbye Princess- you deserved better. 

There is no death, there is the only the Force.

And now, the force is not with her, THE FORCE IS HER.

May the force and Carrie Fisher be with us all in those very dark final days of a very sad year that was 2016 and beyond.

She was not the general nor the princess, she was the glorious Queen of all Star Wars. Without her Star Wars would never be the same and no CGI is ever going to deputize Carrie Fisher. But it seems like it has to, as they cannot just kill Princess Leia. This would be a decrease of both Leia's role in Star Wars and memory about Carrie Fisher. They should make Leia either die in the most glorious battle in the Star Wars universe or return honor and glory to the New Republic. Either way, General Leia should get a memorial statue on the biggest strefy on Coruscant, preferably with metal bikini on.

• Like 1

She was not the general nor the princess, she was the glorious Queen of all Star Wars. Without her Star Wars would never be the same and no CGI is ever going to deputize Carrie Fisher. But it seems like it has to, as they cannot just kill Princess Leia. This would be a decrease of both Leia's role in Star Wars and memory about Carrie Fisher. They should make Leia either die in the most glorious battle in the Star Wars universe or return honor and glory to the New Republic. Either way, General Leia should get a memorial statue on the biggest strefy on Coruscant, preferably with metal bikini on.

Don't worry about the next movie. It's all already set.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/carrie-fisher-dead-death-star-wars-viii-8-1201948826/

Still, that idea would be great for episode IX

Well the good news is that they've finished filming Episode 8, so her role in there will be full filmed and intact. Episode 9 is where things get dicey.

I, for one, hope they do not go the CGI General Leia route, as anyone who has seen Rogue One has noted, it's not quite there yet.

Well the good news is that they've finished filming Episode 8, so her role in there will be full filmed and intact. Episode 9 is where things get dicey.

I, for one, hope they do not go the CGI General Leia route, as anyone who has seen Rogue One has noted, it's not quite there yet.

I guess they could alter the script and have her killed somewhere towards the end of EP. 8 or the opening sequence of EP. 9... use a little CGI but nothing huge and could really add to the heat of the climatic end of this trilogy. I bet they wish Leia was the one killed of instead of Han now as Kylos role as their son will be diminished in EP. 9. Sad to see Carrie Fisher die so young though

Wow, not the news I was expecting getting up this morning.

Remember seeing her in Return of the Jedi, the first film I watched at the cinema; my older brothers took me and I've been a Star Wars fan ever since.

I don't think they'll do the Grand Moff Tarkin CGI with her for episode 9. I think that would be too soon to do something like that and it would feel tacky to see that. Probably offend lots of fans that way. They'd probably cobble together some footage and audio so that Leia can be taken out of the story without having to get an actor to play Leia in the film. They could do that as well but I think it will look weird to see an iconic character played by some other actor when someone else has played the role in the 2 films of the trilogy. Plus, I don't think they've started filming for the third yet so they still have time to script a solution.

Sad to see her go like this... and I thought she'll pull through after they've announced that she was stabil.

I really hope they'll find a nice way to write her out of the story / have her part reduced for the ninth movie. I don't how how well would CGI work though, Tarkin in Rogue One wasn't the greatest use of CGI I've ever witnessed - the CGI Leia wasn't as prominent, I have to watch it again, as she was on screen for like 10 seconds. Still, her daugther (Billie Lourd) also stars in the sequel trilogy as one of the resistence officers, and she bears a striking resemblance to her mother - maybe with some makeup and editing she could stand in for Leia, at least for a few scenes where they tie up some loose ends in the story with her involvement.

I didn't think the CGI in Rogue One was bad, but I agree they shouldn't do it for Leia in Episode IX. While Peter Cushing has been gone for a long time, Fisher's passing would still be a fresh wound and to see Leia return in CGI could easily be seen as in bad taste. Not to mention that the ethics of bringing back Tarkin have been heavily debated anyway.

• Like 1

Sad to see her go like this... and I thought she'll pull through after they've announced that she was stabil.

I really hope they'll find a nice way to write her out of the story / have her part reduced for the ninth movie. I don't how how well would CGI work though, Tarkin in Rogue One wasn't the greatest use of CGI I've ever witnessed - the CGI Leia wasn't as prominent, I have to watch it again, as she was on screen for like 10 seconds. Still, her daugther (Billie Lourd) also stars in the sequel trilogy as one of the resistence officers, and she bears a striking resemblance to her mother - maybe with some makeup and editing she could stand in for Leia, at least for a few scenes where they tie up some loose ends in the story with her involvement.

Don't worry, anything is possible, because now, Carrie has become more powerful than we can possibly imagine

I am not sure why everyone is so mad over the cgi tarkin and leia from rogue. I'd rather disney do a cgi carrie fisher in episode 9 then someone telling the main characters she died in some random bombing event out of nowhere or for them to go one step further and do what they did to Lando...not include her at all.

• Like 3