Quanon

SKIN:Quanons Bastila Shan Reskin

Quanons Bastila Shan Reskin

View File

This mod will replace and update Bastila Shans textures. Mainly her armor, underwear and head skin.
Each has been given a size increase: 2048x2048pix. Which allowed me to put in a few more details.

The slave outfit, when you meet Bastila, for the first time on Taris hasn't been updated, just yet.
But I felt, that I could release this anyway and at a later date do the slave outfit.

Redrob also contributed an update to Bastilas head model, he fixed nasty bugs on her UVmap, which improved
on how her skin gets applied to the model. And this ofcourse just improves the whole thing overall!

Added a second version: this one is even more "vanilla", eyes are differant; less vibrant lipstick and make-up.

Thanks Redrob!

Version 1.3:

A reworked head skin; now also comes with 4 hair colors to pick from. Underwear model has been tweaked to match the new head.
Her regular outfit has NOT been altered.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/23/2016
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible

I mean, this is really excellent- but what's the point when you can't play the game in 1080P? 

I mean, this is really excellent- but what's the point when you can't play the game in 1080P? 

To play the game in 1080P and have your characters look high res at the same time for a better experience.

There are two things you can never have too much of in Star Wars games: lightsabers AND high-resolution textures. ;)

But we can't play the game, at all- in 1080P reliably without a third party programme without screwing up the UI. 

@LucyTheAlien

1)  I love creating things in Photoshop, smaller pixels sizes don't work as nicely.

2)  Other people enjoy my work as well, so I share it.

3) Party members are like 30hrs with you on this adventure in Kotor; you spend lots of time with them. IMO they deserve a better looking texture. 

Not sure why you ask this on a modding forum? We create stuff for the fun of it, to improve an OLD, very old game... Is that usefull? No, but it's fun. I really, reall, really enjoy this stuff :P

And you don't have to download my stuff if you think it's overly silly sized, there are a lot of other reskins avaible.

• Like 3

If you could include comparison photos from the original clothing/skin/underwear, that would be extremely helpful for me. I'm considering whether or not I want to test this mod for a future Build, but for some reason Bastila's new face is just throwing me, and I'm not sure if it's just me or if its variance from the original texture really is that pronounced.

But we can't play the game, at all- in 1080P reliably without a third party programme without screwing up the UI. 

There are mods to fix the UI on widescreen. I never played K1 on any resolution lower than 1080p I think and it's working perfectly.

But to get back on topic: The reskin looks great as always and I can't wait to see the second version with the included slave outfit.

• Like 2

what's the point when you can't play the game in 1080P? 

There are going to be a good 1000 people downloading this and I'm confident some of them won't have a 1080P monitor and will probably play in a lower resolution like 720P so some people may still find a good use out of this.

By the way great skin Quanon I hope you release this as a big party pack. 

Thanks for the before/afters.

I would agree with Kainzorus on the lipstick; it's a bit too vibrant. Additionally, I can't place it, but I also feel the prior skin leaves her a little bit more emotive. Aside from the dark lipstick somewhat clashing with the paleness of her face, I think the washed-out eyes are contributing to it a bit. Was there a reason why you changed her eye color?

• Like 1

I agree about lipstick. Additionally, her hair needs some tweaking, it's too dark, almost to the point where you can't actually see any detail on the hair texture.

There are mods to fix the UI on widescreen. I never played K1 on any resolution lower than 1080p I think and it's working perfectly.

But to get back on topic: The reskin looks great as always and I can't wait to see the second version with the included slave outfit.

If you could direct me to one that would be great. 

Because I've tried the whole replacing the executable one and UNWIS or whatever it's called- neither worked very well IMO. 

He didn't. It was blue and it's still blue.

Look at the before/after pictures, the facial closeup especially, and you can tell that the color was changed. It went from a darker blue to a more faded cyan.

Because I've tried the whole replacing the executable one and UNWIS or whatever it's called- neither worked very well IMO. 

Somewhat off-topic, but I've never had trouble with UniWS, with the exception of needing to upscale the game's cutscenes alongside the UniWS changes to get it to be stable. Some users encounter persistent crashes, especially with intro cutscenes or cutscenes played back-to-back, if the movies aren't scaled to the resolution the game is being played in when the game is in widescreen. Aside from that, though, I had none of the issues typically experienced with Flawless.

That's the one I use. It uses UniWS though. I never had any problems with it but if it doesn't work for you I'm afraid I can't help you either :/

That's the one I use. It uses UniWS though. I never had any problems with it but if it doesn't work for you I'm afraid I can't help you either :/

We shouldn't have to use third party programs to run this at 1080, UGH. 

We shouldn't have to use third party programs to run this at 1080, UGH. 

The game is 13 years old. What do you expect?

At least it's possible unlike playing some modern games on resolutions higher than 1080p.

The game is 13 years old. What do you expect?

At least it's possible unlike playing some modern games on resolutions higher than 1080p.

Longevity. Every game should have the option for custom resolutions in the menus IMO. 

Like what games? 

Longevity. Every game should have the option for custom resolutions in the menus IMO. 

Like what games? 

Agreed! Every game should have that but I wouldn't expect it of such an old game.

And I can't name any since I only play in Full HD but a friend of mine who plays in 4k runs into resolution issues regulary.

Agreed! Every game should have that but I wouldn't expect it of such an old game.

And I can't name any since I only play in Full HD but a friend of mine who plays in 4k runs into resolution issues regulary.

Well- honestly I'd say ATM that's your friend's fault- because 4K isn't nearly mainstream enough at this time to be worth that kind of hassle. 

I followed this tutorial to get my 1080P- 

Are you 100% sure your computer monitor is in 1080P and not something lower like 1320P or 720P because if it is I am sure its because of that.

Well- honestly I'd say ATM that's your friend's fault- because 4K isn't nearly mainstream enough at this time to be worth that kind of hassle. 

And when KotOR/TSL were released widescreen resolutions weren't mainstream too. When they became - support on this games already ended. We should be glad that it's even possible to play this games on modern systems.

Maybe, but then you can't blame KotOR for not working in FullHD because at that time FullHD didn't even exist.