jc2

Kotor Honest Trailer Smosh Games

I enjoy both Honest Trailers and KotOR, but this one seemed to just miss the mark. Was inaccurate about a couple of things (Carth, Obsidian) and were just generic about everything else. They could have ripped it much harder, I feel.

I bet we could do better.

On the (maybe) plus side, looks like some of mod footage was included!

• Like 1

They could have ripped it much harder, I feel.

Now this . . . could be fun.  And we do have a resident video maker in the house. 

I do think that KOTOR, TSL, and SWTOR should've been 3 separate videos. 

What jokes or commentary would you give for those three games?  (Just have the game name preface this joke, sentence, or paragraph you would've put in a good version of the above "honest trailer")

Knights of the Old Republic: When Bioware Was Good

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Rushed Development Schedule

The Old Republic: Not KOTOR 3-10

k1:

- More Star Wars than the Prequels

- Has a variety of armor design with sweet bonuses and properties, but players will still put Bastila in her underwear or a bikini

k2:

- Kreia, your cryptic, morally grey, former Sith Lord mentor who is on "your side" but constantly tells you you're doing everything wrong and surprise surprise - turns out to be a Sith Lord again by the end of the game.

• Like 3

I find it strange how they didn't so much as mention what's probably the biggest plot twist in any video game ever...

Spoilers, maybe? The game's over a decade old though.

• Like 2

I enjoy both Honest Trailers and KotOR, but this one seemed to just miss the mark. Was inaccurate about a couple of things (Carth, Obsidian) and were just generic about everything else. They could have ripped it much harder, I feel.

On the (maybe) plus side, looks like some of mod footage was included!

I completely agree with this! It just didn't seem like the guy had any real knowledge of the game. Like he just read something online then made some bad jokes about it...

If we do make a KotOR Honest Trailer ourselves, we need to include some self-deprecating nerd jokes because...let's be honest, we're talking about remaking an honest trailer because it didn't do the games justice.

On a side note, pervert Atton needs to make it in in some fashion, and HE'S the one who should draw the Han Solo comparison.

• Like 2

I thought the funniest part of the trailer was them confusing Obsidian with Bioware. I always thought people making those were smarter than that and would at least check the developer when making those, even though it's pretty obvious they haven't played those games in a long time if at all. Carth a "Han Solo type"? LOL.

Also I'm triggered by lack of mention of my name TSLRCM. How do you have an honest KOTOR II video without mentioning the cut content?

"Inspired a generation of clunky over ambitious RPGs" is on point though.

Is that Coruscant mod at 2:19? And what's the mod at 2:21 that gives "sith sabers" power?

We should totally make our own. "Experience a Bioware's game, and its sequel partially developed by Obsidian, then finished by bunch of basement dwelling nerds so hopeless, they remade an online video because they didn't agree with it".

• Like 5