Sign in to follow this  
Guest BigMane

Question Regarding Compatibility

Guest BigMane

You guys are going to be very unhappy with me I know but I'm fairly new to the modding scene but have played through both KOTORS dozens of times. I don't know if many of you have ever used the Unofficial patch for TSL but I've used it since it was released and honestly can't play the game without it. I was reading through what TSLRCM offers and I couldn't find any of the fixes that are included in the Unofficial. As well as the PHENOMENAL texture improvements in the unofficial.

Do you think they would be compatible? Or does TSLRCM already offer all that and more and I'm just an idiot and missed it? (Talking more so in resolved issues then new content)

Also if they are not compatible does anyone know a location where I may get similar texture improvements?

1,0C UNOFFICIAL PATCH

##############################################################

LucasArts, a division of Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd.

STAR WARS ® KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC ® II -

THE SITH LORDS

Version 1.0c

March 5, 2009

##############################################################

Thank you for downloading the STAR WARS ® KNIGHTS OF THE OLD

REPUBLIC ® II - THE SITH LORDS Update

This update addresses the following:

------------------------

NEW CONTENT AND FEATURES

------------------------

* Added a battered look to the wall textures on Dxun to properly fit the game

storyline and timeline

* Added missing voice lines for T3-M4

* Added missing beast control scene in the Tomb of Freedon Nadd

* Added missing content to the scene in which Kreia arrives to the Trayus Academy

* Added missing content to the Jedi Master rendezvous scene on Dantooine (light side)

* Added missing dialogue lines to the conversation between Kreia and Atris that takes

place in Telos Academy

* Added missing dialogue lines to the Jedi hologram conversation

* Added missing dialogue scene in which the player threatens to dismantle Goto's Yacht

* Added missing shader effects on various ships in the game, including Harbinger, Sith

Lander and Basilisk War Droid

* Added shader effects to HK series droids, Goto's droids, Czerka's protocol droid,

T3-M4 droid, Remote droid, mandalorians and Vogga the Hutt

* Added shader effects to various wall and floor textures on Nar Shaddaa and Ravager

* Changed the appearance of HK-47 droid to properly match the game storyline

* Changed the appearance of Sith Lords, Dark Jedi and Sith Marauders in the Trayus

Academy from commoner clothing to a proper Sith dressing

* Placed Lassavou's Power Cell on his remains, so player has the opportunity to

repair the Air Speeder even if they kill Lassavou (dark side)

* Reduced shader effects on certain alien characters

* Removed G0-T0 from the Malachor V scene in which Remote activates the final engine

core. This was made due to the change of content in the final version of the game.

* Replaced the background textures on Nar Shaddaa to properly fit the intro cinematic

* Replaced the banners in Mandalorian Ruins from rakatan to the proper mandalorian ones

* Replaced textures on Peragus, Dantooine, Korriban, Dxun, Telos, Malachor and Onderon

on a high resolution and more detailed ones

* Replaced textures of the Ebon Hawk on a high resolution and more detailed ones; added

shader effects where they were missing

* Replaced a texture of Nar Shaddaa visible from Goto's Yacht on a proper one

---------------

RESOLVED ISSUES

---------------

* 3C-FD’s Photoreceptor Appearance Fix

* Atton's Dialogue Light/Dark Side Points Fix

* Bao Dur's Arm Shader Fix

* Class-Based Default Clothing Fix

* Cyan Lightsaber Crystal Fix

* Dancer's Outfit Appearance Fix

* Dxun Equation Puzzle Fix

* Escaped Criminals Quest Fix

* Force Crush Power Sound Fix

* Fuel For Telos Quest Fix

* Handmaiden Training Cutscene Fix

* Hidden Compartment Fix

* Hussef's Head Appearance Fix

* Inaccessible Tienn Tubb's Shop Fix

* Influence Increase/Decrease Script Fix

* Intergalactic Reunification Quest: Dark Side Points Gain On Guard Removal Stage Fix

* Jedi Hologram Effect Fix

* Jedi Master Rendezvous Fix

* Korriban Secret Tomb Entrance: Party Member Comment Fix

* Korriban Secret Tomb: Infinite Experience Gain Fix

* Korriban Vision: Kreia's Cutscene Fix

* Korriban Vision: Kreia's Lightsaber Fix

* Korriban Vision: Revan's Force Powers Animation Fix

* Korriban Vision: Revan's Lightsaber Fix

* Lightsaber Parts Icons Fix

* Mining Laser Appearance Fix

* Mira's Spacesuit Appearance Fix

* Movement Rate Fix

* Nar Shaddaa Docks: Lootra's Dialogue Influence Fix

* Nar Shaddaa Docks: Stuck Doors Fix

* Nar Shaddaa Refugee Landing Pad: Arrival Scene Cut-Out Fix

* Nar Shaddaa Refugee Landing Pad: Bullied Refugee's Appearance Fix

* Nar Shaddaa Refugee Landing Pad: Stuck Doors Fix

* Nar Shaddaa Refugee Quad: Hussef's Head Appearance Fix

* Nihilus - Visas Low Resolution Cutscene Fix

* Party Experience Gain Fix

* Peragus Encounter: Atton's Meeting Force Cage Field Fix

* Peragus Encounter: HK-50's Meeting Script Sequence Fix

* Peragus Encounter: HK-50's Repeating Greeting Fix

* Peragus Administration Level: Comm Camera Capture Fix

* Peragus Dormitories: Dock Officer's Hologram Wrong Injured Stance Usage Fix

* Peragus Dormitories: Droids Getting Stuck On Coorta's Death Camera Footage Fix

* Peragus Fuel Depot: T3-M4 Not Presenting On Fuel Line Camera Footage Fix

* Prologue Training: Sensor Ball Appearance Fix

* Peragus Mining Tunnels: Sensor Ball Appearance Fix

* Ratrin Vhek's Clothing Appearance Fix

* Redemption Quest Completion Fix

* Robes Shadow Animation Fix

* Rubat Lightsaber Crystal Fix

* Serroco Thugs Appearance Fix

* Sion’s Harbinger Dialogue: Broken Warning Line Fix

* Skippable Mebla's Dialogue Fix

* Spacesuit Movement Rate Fix

* Starport Visa Trade Fix

* Swoop Bike Racing Fix

* T3-M4's Dialogue Influence Fix

* T3-M4's Portrait Appearance Fix

* Telos Academy: Imprisonment Cutscene Fix

* Twi'lek Dancers Appearance Fix

* Vaklu - Tobin Dialogue: Voiceover/Text Mismatch Fix

* Various Playable Character’s Gender Check Fixes

* Visas' Dialogue: Force Sight Power Gain Fix

* Vogga the Hutt Quest Completion Fix

* Weapon Finesse Icons Fix

* Workbench Skill Check Fix

------------

KNOWN ISSUES

------------

* Buying all of the items from any merchant on Nar Shaddaa may cause the game to freeze on

some systems.

-----------

PATCH NOTES

-----------

* In order for all the changes to integrate into game content properly, you might need to

start a new game.

Any word on if these will possibly work together?

I have never seen or tried the UP but if it fixes things RCM did not it might be worth trying.

Thanks for any help?

Guest Bob Ta'aar

I never used the unofficial patch, but I'm fairly sure that any game-related bugs it might fix, are fixed with TSLRCM too, as the RCM fixes pretty much any known bug there is.

As for the visual enhancement, the unofficial patch stole that from mods created by other people without their permission. Use their original mods, they're compatible with TSLRCM as far as I know (at least there are quiet a few visual enhancement mods that are, just check the compatibility list).

€dit: Looking at the changelog of this patch above, I think it's not compatible with TSLRCM, as it changes a lot of dialogue, ect., but you might be lucky that if you install TSLRCM after the patch, that it will simply overwrite those changes (no guarantee there, though!).

Thanks Bob Ta'aar, I actually already installed all the individual texture mods, so I can skip the UP all together. :(

Guest BigMane

I never used the unofficial patch, but I'm fairly sure that any game-related bugs it might fix, are fixed with TSLRCM too, as the RCM fixes pretty much any known bug there is.

Okay so it would be a safe bet to assume all the above issues have been fixed in TSLRCM?

€dit: Looking at the changelog of this patch above, I think it's not compatible with TSLRCM, as it changes a lot of dialogue, ect., but you might be lucky that if you install TSLRCM after the patch, that it will simply overwrite those changes (no guarantee there, though!).

I'll probably just stick with one or the other for the time being until I get verified on the fixes in TSLRCM as I'm the one guy who if there is a glitch I'll run into it, I was never able to complete a whole play through until the stolen "Unofficial" patch.

If any staff or anyone else chimes in I would greatly appreciate it.

I have played through with the 1.7 patch, and it seems as if almost every bug that ever annoyed me is now fixed. It should be safe to just use TSLRCM. Just use the textures with it and you should be fine. Check the compatibility list for exact details.

Guest BigMane

I have played through with the 1.7 patch, and it seems as if almost every bug that ever annoyed me is now fixed. It should be safe to just use TSLRCM. Just use the textures with it and you should be fine. Check the compatibility list for exact details.

BUMP

Really sorry for bumping an old thread, but is it possible to use the kotor2.exe file from this patch with TSLRCM? Like, JUST the .exe and nothing else from the patch>

Guest wvsnl

I am also curious about this, since I am confined to using the no cd crack because my disk broke(stupid nephew) but I also like the swoop racing. Another possibility is of course buying a new cd but I want to use that as a last resort.

I am also curious about this, since I am confined to using the no cd crack because my disk broke(stupid nephew) but I also like the swoop racing. Another possibility is of course buying a new cd but I want to use that as a last resort.

The only reason I use a No-CD is because the only way to make it play in widescreen for me is with UniWS which needs a noCD to be able to make the game play in 1920x1080.

Guest wvsnl

I understand, I did not want to accuse you of anything if that is how I sounded in my previous post.

I understand, I did not want to accuse you of anything if that is how I sounded in my previous post.

Oh don't worry, I just posted what I did above to clear up the reason why I asked.

Isn't there a widescreen hack mod available elsewhere without using the No-CD crack?

Isn't there a widescreen hack mod available elsewhere without using the No-CD crack?

I honestly do not know. The only ones I know of are the UniWS or Squizzy Resolution Patcher which both need a No-CD unfortunetly.

Guest staticjoe66

SH I thought there was one on FileFront but I could be wrong and have no idea what resolutions it supports--I'm still using CRT monitors....yeah yeah yeah, I know but hey--they still work and I figure I'll replace 'em with 2ms gaming monitors when they die.

As far as no-cd cracks go, I too use them for all my games--I shouldn't have to burn up my optical drive just to play a game plus a while back I backed up all my physical game disks to images so now I don't even my need my physical TSL disks to install and play the game...which is a good thing cuz I have no idea whatsoever what box the blasted things are in...