Hassat Hunter

M4-78EP 1.3 Topic

Oooooh every time I play TSL there's gonna be a new M4 and that's greeeeeeeeat :D

If there's anything you want about this mod, now would be the time to mention it, or it'll forever be too late. It's fairly unlikely it'll be changed (depending on the requests and such), but you never know.

Said a million times, but to make it a million and one, god, I hope the protocol droids actually sound and speak (vocabulate?) like protocol droids

If there's anything you want about this mod, now would be the time to mention it, or it'll forever be too late.

Get rid of the lag in the Industrial Zone by any means necessary?

More likely: Change the journal entries to reflect where certain droids are located instead of just giving their names, since it's really hard to remember all those droid names^^

Super unlikely: Add placeables or something to make the levels feel more like an actual place that people lived in and that have a purpose.

But no people lived there, it's a droid world and the Sith basically used it as factory. Do people live in factories?

I know, but the placed don't feel like a factory either. If I may exaggerate here: They are just random rooms placed next to each other with no purpose other than putting random characters in them. It's not that bad of course but to me it doesn't feel like a real place. In the factory for example you could have melting, assembly, testing, control rooms etc placed in a way that would make sense in real life. (I know that part of this exists and those rooms are very well done.)

That would be a lot of work so I definitely don't expect that to happen, but you asked what we'd like to see changed ;)

Interestingly while playtesting the 1.2 version just gave torso shots, of course when I'm going to videotape it, it shows his head properly instead. Still think the new stance is an improvement on that, along with the proper movement and moving in the end (and a lot of fade-out engine headaches... ugh. Damn you, Odyssey!)

Feedback welcome

I have three requests...

1. Fixing as much of the bad voice work as possible (Sounds like you may have already done this though).

2. Fixing the lag in the Industrial Zone. Even if you can't get it up to full speed, getting as many FPS back as possible would be appreciated.

3. I remember someone mentioning that the .BIK cutscenes are apparently in a different aspect ratio than the vanilla ones are. Keeping the M4-78 ones at the same aspect ratio (Though I would want them to be redone, not cropped.) as the vanilla ones would be nice for consistency purposes.

I have 2 minor pet peeves:

1. Panel walkmesh in IS56's area: one of the panels you can just walk right through, while all the others are fine.

cMZBSbU.jpg

2. Panel orientation in 3rd recharge station of Environmental Zone: one of the two computer panels is not parallel to the wall, making it partially clip into the wall.

3OTJ1jG.jpg

For the Cleaning Droid scene:

I like the new camera angles for the dialog, but I actually preferred the "Disaster." being heard during the fade out. It's a close call though, but the one thing that I really didn't like in the new version was that random camera angle at the end showing the droid again with no dialog.

@ Damned:

There is a mod by tsjase that replaces the M4-78 bik movies with better quality ones closer to the vanilla movies.

Maybe this mod could even be included with M4-78 EP by default if tsjase is okay with that.

@Damned: No change to the .bik, sorry.

@ndix: Already fixed 2, I'll look at the first.

@Kexikus: It's to show he's jumped to his original location again. I suppose I could find a line to run there potentially.

Ah okay. In that case I have to say that it didn't work at all, sorry^^

I thought he's standing in the same spot as before, just rotated a little. If that's the goal, I'd suggest a wide shot showing him just arriving at his original position.

Said a million times before, but to make it a million and one, god, I hope the protocol droids actually sound and speak (vocabulate?) like protocol droids.

I'm guessing you weren't listening very well to the first video in this thread. Many of the newly redone line readings will feature a HK-47 type filter. See the video below for an example of that filter using HK-47!

3. I remember someone mentioning that the .BIK cutscenes are apparently in a different aspect ratio than the vanilla ones are. Keeping the M4-78 ones at the same aspect ratio (Though I would want them to be redone, not cropped.) as the vanilla ones would be nice for consistency purposes.

Like Kexikus pointed out, there are alternates available. I think I like them more than the ones in the mod but that's my own opinion.

Those alternate ones maintain the same aspect ratio as the vanilla .BIKs I presume?

Gotta say, after having played these games for so long, hearing Kristoffer Tabori's voice pretty close to unfiltered sounds bizarre.... I think there is a line or two in TSL that forgot to filter it. G0-T0 had one too

Only unfiltered GO-TO line I know (on Dantooine) got a filter added with TSLRCM. Also the only unfiltered HK lines I know of are unused lines on Onderon (in 502OND, they have a filter on them in 512OND where they are actually used).

So if you know of any else...

I'll be sure to mention it if I find them again - assuming, that is, it wasn't fixed in a later version of RCM I was using

I'm guessing you weren't listening very well to the first video in this thread. Many of the newly redone line readings will feature a HK-47 type filter. See the video below for an example of that filter using HK-47!

Like Kexikus pointed out, there are alternates available. I think I like them more than the ones in the mod but that's my own opinion.

Oh, I don't even mean the filters, bad as they were. The quality of the voice acting, especially on one of those first droids was.... not so great

G0-T0's filter is not the same as HK-47's filter though.

Update: Posted 05 December 2016 - 03:30 AM [Alaska Standard Time]
Just sent out some requests via PM for some additional recording. Fingers crossed !

I know, but the placed don't feel like a factory either. If I may exaggerate here: They are just random rooms placed next to each other with no purpose other than putting random characters in them. It's not that bad of course but to me it doesn't feel like a real place. In the factory for example you could have melting, assembly, testing, control rooms etc placed in a way that would make sense in real life. (I know that part of this exists and those rooms are very well done.)

That would be a lot of work so I definitely don't expect that to happen, but you asked what we'd like to see changed ;)

Question, do you feel that way about the whole planet or just parts of it?

I can see where you're coming from when it comes to the 1st half of the Ind Zone, but I feel like we did a pretty good job of making each room feel like it has a purpose in a 2nd half, where the whole droid building proccess is done (RD, design, testing areas).

That would be mostly because we actually figured out what's supposed to be there before actually designing quests, while when it comes to the first half we kind of retroactively assigned them functions after the quests were already in place (RSS what?).