Fair Strides

Fair Strides' Script Shack

193 posts in this topic

On 11/19/2018 at 6:45 AM, DarthVarkor said:

If i want to use add a Class, Post Revelation scene for the Player Character, how Would I do that?  For example, Having Revan required to go to Cargo Hold or the Dorms to collect his thoughts and doing the conversation with himself? Setting alignment and adding a Re-vamped Jedi Sentinel class for the Player to use.

Well I will address the dialogue line that gives the player the Jedi Sentinel by deleting as a option and giving Jedi Guardian and Jedi Counslar the optional to learn and master Force Immunity from the Jedi Sentinel. 

Jedi Shadow: Revamped Jedi Sentinel will have the option to learn Force Jump, Force Focus and Force Immunity if the player wishes. Storyline purposes: Revan accepting whom he is and what he did would work as a Sign as a maturing in the Force. 

Side note: if possible, I would have Korriban as a Last planet and possibly adding more content, improving Dark Side items, and Sith Lord Merchant for Dark items

that sucks. Hey Jc, Is there a Class Remove Function? For example, Check Class Script for Scout, Scoundrel or Soldier, then removes them from your character then having using an Add Class Jedi Sentinel in the cut scene within the Self Reflection Scene.  Keep in mind that i am flexible to have my ideas more feasible within the context of the game while respecting player's choice

I am not opposed in the mod to rename Jedi Guardian into Jedi Seeker and the Jedi Seeker would have enough feats to actually choose both Force Jump and Force Immunity while having the player going their favorite Jedi guardian build. Conversely Jedi Consular would become a Jedi Bastion(a functional Jedi Consular/Sentinel Hybrid)

Side note: in addition to my above idea, Would it be Possible to give Canderous, Mandolarian Commando as a class?

I don't believe there's any way to remove or change a class once it's been applied to the character and they've leveled up.

Multiclassing Canderous or other characters would be fine though. The issue is that the player already multiclasses from their starting class to Jedi, but nobody else does so it's fine.

i have look thru Kotortool if there was an option. And what I saw, there is none.

A possible idea that, Having a Jedi Shadow having a bit more flexible in builds options that by giving the players an option to master Either Force Jump, Force Focus or Force Immunity while giving them enough feats and force abilities to do most different builds. 

Lore wise during Kotor era, Jedi Shadow often deviated and recruit from the Jedi Sentinels and during The Old Republic MMO era, Jedi Shadow was a deviated from the Jedi Consular.  Keep in Mind that Even the Jedi Consular aka Master Yoda and Qui Gon had Force Jump as well. One of Many duties of Jedi Shadow is stopping if not elimating Dark Siders of all strips and locating and find solution to the Strength of the Dark Sider's power if possible.

Instead adding a Class at Post Revelation Scene thru a dialogue script. Just pick it up at Dantioone.  Force Jump, Force Focus, and Force Immunity will be eligible to learn at Jedi level 1, 4 and 8. 

The Post Revelation Scene idea can be re-used to give Revan Force Camoflague.

Is my above idea would other player might like?

that sucks. 

is it possible to use the Hide? For example, a Stealth belt that gives Bonus Feat: Force Camoflague in addition several other bonus. For example, Juhani's hide has Eriadu stealth belt.

well  in the classes, there is a column named Name and under it, there are numbers that is under the Name Column. I am wondering where within Kotor tool in order to make the names stick

Also within feats page, there is  0,1, and 3 tied to feats. I want to give Sneak Attack and Uncanny Dodge automaticly but keeping Force Immunity, Force Focus and Force Jump optional. 

Jedi Shadow would have several Weapons Specializations open up as an options.  for example, giving a Player an option to have a dedicated Gunslinger build for this mod.

On 11/26/2018 at 3:47 PM, DeathScepter said:

is it possible to use the Hide?

For feats and most other stats, yes. I don't recall if Force powers can be granted through items.

9 hours ago, DeathScepter said:

well  in the classes, there is a column named Name and under it, there are numbers that is under the Name Column.

That's a reference to a string in dialog.tlk. The number is the line number in that file.

Though applying a hide item to the player would require editing a global script such as k_hen_heartbt01, which is a bit messy. Other mods have done it, so of course there would be compatibility issues.

9 hours ago, DeathScepter said:

Also within feats page, there is  0,1, and 3 tied to feats.

This has to do with how the feat is displayed - whether it's something you get automatically from your class, whether it's something you have to select when you level up, that sort of thing. I believe 4 is to have it not display at all (for example, the player can't see any droid feats) but honestly every time I look at it, I forget how it works five minutes later.

• Haha 1

while I am working on that,   One thing, I would like to do is port an Sith Assassin NPC(one with the Red googles) and place him on the Endar Spire to fight the player.  The Gear you get from him is a Plot Usable item. So You will be able to pose as him while be on Taris.   In addition to Sith Assassin Garb you will get, Sith Assassin Stealth Belt, Sith Assassin Gloves, Sith Visor and Sith Implant, Pain of Upgradable Sith Tremor Swords.

On 11/28/2018 at 5:16 PM, DeathScepter said:

while I am working on that,   One thing, I would like to do is port an Sith Assassin NPC(one with the Red googles) and place him on the Endar Spire to fight the player.  The Gear you get from him is a Plot Usable item. So You will be able to pose as him while be on Taris.   In addition to Sith Assassin Garb you will get, Sith Assassin Stealth Belt, Sith Assassin Gloves, Sith Visor and Sith Implant, Pain of Upgradable Sith Tremor Swords.

All of that is pretty easy. Spawn script, and a .utc edited to include those items for loot drop.

This is an old post, so hopefully you worked that out. If not, in this thread I believe you can find a spawn script, or I can post one. Whereami entered into console will give you coordinates in K1 that you can write down and use.

I'm trying to modify a vanilla script. Specifically, the one that provides the crystal in the lightsaber built on Dantooine in K1 so I can replace it with a crystal from a mod.

Just curious, it is possible to make a passive force ability that boost certain other abilities. 

Expmple of a Force Passive that appears on the Force Tab:

Jedi BattleMaster Passive:

+4 Strength

+4 Wisdom

+5 Defense

+5 Attack

+5 Damage

+1 Attack per Round

then it unlocks new abilities like Slashing Charge(a Force Speed ability that adds Slashing damage to the Jedi)

I have other Ideas in my idea if curious.

Having an issue where the compiler assures me that a script has compiled, but it does not create a .ncs file. Have tried launching KotOR tool with admin permission. Running v1.0.2210.16738. 

On 3/11/2019 at 7:31 PM, DeathScepter said:

Just curious, it is possible to make a passive force ability that boost certain other abilities. 

Expmple of a Force Passive that appears on the Force Tab:

[...]

In K2, probably yes. In K1, probably no.

On 4/12/2019 at 9:58 PM, Cinder Skye said:

Having an issue where the compiler assures me that a script has compiled, but it does not create a .ncs file. Have tried launching KotOR tool with admin permission. Running v1.0.2210.16738. 

I suggest using NWNSSComp instead. I've attached some batch scripts that'll compile all scripts in the NWNSSComp folder provided the games are installed or if you copy the corresponding nwnscript.nss file to it too.

compile_K1.bat

compile_K2.bat

Posted (edited)
On 11/10/2016 at 11:21 AM, Fair Strides said:

Edited by kernel

what are the limitations on Creating New Feats similar to Tamerbill's Content Feats and Force Power mod?