itsNobody56

Brotherhood of Shadow Solomons Revenge Mandalorian Ship Crash

Alright, so this is my First Playthrough of Brotherhood of Shadow, really it's my first Modded Playthrough of the original Kotor, but after a slow start figuring things out, I've made my way through the game, completed the original brotherhood of Shadow questline no problem, Started Solomons revenge and everything is moving smoothly. Then we get to the korriban Wastes, and things look a little... Odd. It feels like I was missing a lot of textures for Rocky outcropings because a lot of it was seethrough, but it wasn't affecting my ability to play, and it had a cool effect like the darkside was eroding the rock away, but I digress. We enter the temple, and I eventually find myself reliving Revan, Malik and Shadow's Assault on the mandalorian bridge. Again, things are going alright, figuring things out. Feeling smart cuz I got the puzzle with the power converters and the energy shield. Using gernades to blow them up was pretty cool. ANYWAY, I make my way to the next map, I think it was the bridge elevator. Map loads, I open the door, and I'm greeted by 2 droids, 2 small turrets, and at the far end of the room down the halway, 2 blue mandalorians and shortly after 2 yellow mandalorians show up running down the hall. (I'm using colors to hopefully give you an idea of where I'm at cause frankly I have no idea) And I enter the room, and the game crashes. 

The game always crashes without fail as soon as I aggro the mandalorians (I believe) I've worked out that I can camp in the little spawn room with my teammates and basically lure the droids in to the room to kill them, and wait for the turrets to die from blaster reflection, but the game crashes everytime I seem to aggro the mandalorians. Can anyone help me? Please? I've practically torn my hair out looking for this bug on like 3 different forums and I only found it reported once, with no answer.

My Modlist is as follows

Kotor 1 Restoration, k1 Force Powers, Fire and Ice HD, Solomons Revenge and Brotherhood of Shadow (I got them both from the combined install) Kotor1 Lightsaber Forms, 1k Skybox Retexture, Weapon Model Overhaul and Highres Lightning. I also have the optional 1k BOSSR addons Any and all help is appreciated

Experiencing the same crashing. My mod list is far more extensive, but I can think of nothing that conflicts with anything else, and I've not experiencing any consistently reproducible crashing anywhere else in the mod or the game. Seems to be purely a problem with the mod.

I'm having this same exact crash. I have a similar mod list to itsNobody56 (K1R, BoS:SR, HQ Skyboxes for vanilla and BoS, Fire & Ice HD, and High Resolution Beams). I already have "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1" in my [Graphics Options] section of swkotor.ini. This is really weird because I've not been having any problems beyond some weird resolution issues, and this is my first outright crash during this whole playthrough. I realize this is a necro but could anyone provide any further insight as to what may be going on here?

I found a solution after digging into the module using Kotor Tool.  The issue is with the Mandalorian Scouts on the level with the appearance Sithghost5, which was causing the game to crash every time you got near them.

This is how to fix the issue:

1. Extract bos_msp3.mod to a folder using Kotor Tool's 'Extract entire ERF file' button.

2. Change the appearance in mzp_mand11.utc file in the bos_msp3.mod module to Alien_Mandalorian_01, then replacing the file in the folder from step 1 (double click the file in Kotor Tool).

3. Open Kotor Tool's ERF/MOD Builder from Tools.

4. Click Add Dir... and navigate to folder from step 1.

4. Browse Output file name to folder from step 1 then choose name as bos_msp3.mod.

5. Select Output file type as MOD.

6. Click on Build MOD. (If Build MOD is grayed out, try changing Output file type to something then back to MOD).

7. Navigate to swkotor install directory.

8. Make a backup of bos_msp3.mod file in the modules folder, then replace that file with the one created in step 6.

Or, you can download this file, but I put the instructions in case this link ever dies.
https://www.mediafire.com/?ybsos6ubsvnzxpo

• Thanks 1

I have the exact same issue.

I tried AJAiDS solution but it didn't work for me unfortunately...

Replacing the file with his or editing it on my own, both didn't work.

I even tried to delete mzp_mand11.utc from bos_msp3.mod and thought that would delete the Mandalorian Scouts on this level, thus making them not spawn at all and hoping to not encounter the game crash. All units, the OP described, still spawned and the issue was still there.

Any solution or way to skip that part please?

******************************************EDIT*************************************

I HAVE SOLVED THE ISSUE

*** I think AJAiDS file works but for me it didnt and i think i know why. 

My save was actually infront of the door where the bug happens. While editing the files and replacing them, the game somehow didn't take the changes eventhough no matter how many times you restart / reload the game.

PLEASE RETRY AJAiDS file and load a previous save which is one or more area before the area where the game crashes. You have to be in a previous area and enter the bugged one, the game needs to load the area to accept the changes to the file.

For my case, i actually further modified the file and used a previous save. So im not sure if my changes helped for the issues but let me mention what i changed, incase someone cant fix the issue and should try to changes these following things first and see if it works:

1. Extract bos_msp3.mod to a folder using Kotor Tool's 'Extract entire ERF file' button.

2. open mzp_mand11.utc

3. copy this: msp_mandstand1 and paste it in mzp_mand11.utc TAG

4. change the appearance to Alien_Mandalorian_01

5. click down left corner on the INVENTORY button, you will see 4 items down right, select the ECHO line and press DELETE

6. SAVE CHANGES

7. open mzp_mandalore.utc, if the appearance box is RED, select Alien_Mandalorian_01  to eventually prevent a crash when meeting mandalore.

8. SAVE CHANGES

9. Open Kotor Tool's ERF/MOD Builder from Tools.

10. Click Add Dir... and navigate to folder from step 1.

11. Browse Output file name to folder from step 1 then choose name as bos_msp3.mod.

12. Select Output file type as MOD.

13. Click on Build MOD. (If Build MOD is grayed out, try changing Output file type to something then back to MOD).

14. Navigate to swkotor install directory.

15. Make a backup of bos_msp3.mod file in the modules folder, then replace that file with the one created.

It's frustrating to meet game crashes and desperatly searching for a fix. But having found a solution and experimenting around is always fun.

Good luck to all of you!

• Thanks 1
  • Light Side Points 1

On 2/26/2017 at 12:10 PM, AJAiDS said:

I found a solution after digging into the module using Kotor Tool.  The issue is with the Mandalorian Scouts on the level with the appearance Sithghost5, which was causing the game to crash every time you got near them.

This is how to fix the issue:

2. Change the appearance in mzp_mand11.utc file in the bos_msp3.mod module to Alien_Mandalorian_01, then replacing the file in the folder from step 1 (double click the file in Kotor Tool).

3. Open Kotor Tool's ERF/MOD Builder from Tools.

4. Click Add Dir... and navigate to folder from step 1.

4. Browse Output file name to folder from step 1 then choose name as bos_msp3.mod.

5. Select Output file type as MOD.

6. Click on Build MOD. (If Build MOD is grayed out, try changing Output file type to something then back to MOD).

7. Navigate to swkotor install directory.

8. Make a backup of bos_msp3.mod file in the modules folder, then replace that file with the one created in step 6.

Or, you can download this file, but I put the instructions in case this link ever dies.
https://www.mediafire.com/?ybsos6ubsvnzxpo

Oh my gooooood. Thank you for this. I was about to lose my mind.