Sign in to follow this  
wolfsite

Screen going black leaving Ebon Hawk

I'm on Dantooine and I just built my first Lightsaber and rebuilt HK-47, however whenever I try to leave the Ebon Hawk the screen goes black after I select my party. The game doesn't crash but it just sits at a black screen and I can't access the menus or anything.

TSLRCM 1.6 with the USM 1.6 beta.

Update:

I went to a previous save, after the Visas battle but before building my lightsaber and finishing HK-47's rebuild, I left the Ebon Hawk and the same black screen occurs so it seems to be something triggering after Visas fight.

Edited by wolfsite
Updating

I had this issue once myself(in an umodded game no less),fly to another planet(doesn't matter which)select a party exit EH re-enter EH fly to dantooine and everything should be OK.(at least it worked for me). Now one of our testers had the same issue early on and it was a corrupt save involving 601DAN module,luckily it was the return visit to dantooine(so you could warp to the enclave and continue).

Or if you have a save before entering the EH back up to that and maybe wait to enter the EH after doing some more on dantooine(if you have stuff to do) just create a couple of more saves before entering the EH.

It has been reported several times on the Obsidian forums before TSLCRM 1.4 was even released.

Although, yeah, no-one has ever discovered the reason why...

I had this issue once myself(in an umodded game no less),fly to another planet(doesn't matter which)select a party exit EH re-enter EH fly to dantooine and everything should be OK.(at least it worked for me). Now one of our testers had the same issue early on and it was a corrupt save involving 601DAN module,luckily it was the return visit to dantooine(so you could warp to the enclave and continue).

Or if you have a save before entering the EH back up to that and maybe wait to enter the EH after doing some more on dantooine(if you have stuff to do) just create a couple of more saves before entering the EH.

Ya I tried Flying to another planet and returning but same thing happens, I saved just before boarding and Fighting Visas so I guess tomorrow I'll just restore that one and do some more quests on Dantooine.

Funny thing though is I have never had this error before even on a non modded game, this is the first time I have encountered it.

I went to my save before boarding the Ebon Hawk and I went around and completed some quests then returned and battled Visas. Right after the battle I departed the Ebon Hawk and everything loaded fine, so it must have been a corruption in the save file or something.

Thanks for all the suggestions for fixing this.

Yes it's a weird glitch,out of hundreds of games played while testing amd modding Ive only run into it one time.