Sign in to follow this  
Jorak Uln

SKIN:TSL ORIGINS: Harbinger Overhaul

TSL ORIGINS: Harbinger Overhaul

Attention: Currently NOT compatible with Kotor 2 Steam Version.

due to the total lack of dirt overlay it looks unrealistically shiny - i try to find a fix asap.

Unlike its predecessor, the Complete Overhaul for K1, the purpose of this texture mod is to preserve the original look of the game,
while using different texturing techniques to give the old game engine a modern look, emulating shine & vector based animations from the Mass Effect series.

Installation:

is simple, just:

1. Download XnView
2. Extract Part1 into the TSL Override directory
3. Create a new folder on your Desktop
4. Extract the contents of Part 2 into that new folder.

5. double-click on one of the tgas
6. click on file-> Browse
7. select all Strg+A then left click batch processing
8. select output folder TSL\Override
select format TGA, Override file
9. hit "Go".

Enjoy!

Credits:

Special thanks goes to Darth Parametric for helping me editing the light-glowing values and
also i want to thank the wonderful community for their kind help in modding related questions.

Compatibility:
This mod should be compatible with every mod that doesnt change Harbingers & Kolto Tanks textures.

Permission:
If you want to edit/change or use this mod or parts of it, ask me for permission via PM first.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/16/2016
  • Category
  • TSLRCM Compatible
    No

• Like 1

Aren't the Kolto tanks also used on Manaan? How will you deal with the texture overlap?

He'll probably deal with it by not visiting Manaan since this mod is for TSL...  :P

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

@SH: that was a nice expression, haven't heard that one yet!

---------------------------
I'm glad you guys like my mod, but there seems to be a major bug with the floor:

Xuul just posted this picture:

https://m.imgur.com/a/wzwGP

The really interesting part of this is, that his game lacks the weird splashy overlay that I described here:

http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/4320-harbinger-weird-splashy-overlay-texture/

He is using the Steam Version of TSL on a fresh install.
On the contrary, i have this bug on the Collection edition and the old 4CD retail one.

So please tell me guys if anyone has/hasn't had that bug and which edition you use.
I'd be happy to have a solution for this!

@SH: that was a nice expression, haven't heard that one yet!

I wonder how long before it makes it into one person's signature.

I wonder how long before it makes it into one person's signature.

Im from Germany, so as a non native to say the least it sounded really cool;)

Sorry about that. SS I'll duel you for it. Bananas at sunset!

Just To stay on topic: looks cool, I'll definitely check it out when I get around  to playing tsl.

I gotta say Jorak, you make some of my favorite graphics mods. I wish you good luck with all the other planets and such.

I'm glad you guys like my mod, but there seems to be a major bug with the floor:

So please tell me guys if anyone has/hasn't had that bug and which edition you use.

I'd be happy to have a solution for this!

I have the same bug. Steam Version of TSL + TSLRCM 1.8.5 + M4-78

Well I deleted the .txi files of the CM_.tga's i dunno if I've lost some visual value but that's my quick fix. I also reduced the alpha as my 1st attempt to fix it, so now i barely have any shine meh I'll probs change 'em back n give you some better feedback after. Maybe I just broke the CM files altogether who knows

I'm experiencing the floor bug as well. KotOR Collection version.

So not only a Steam problem it seems. 

Well I deleted the .txi files of the CM_.tga's i dunno if I've lost some visual value but that's my quick fix. I also reduced the alpha as my 1st attempt to fix it, so now i barely have any shine meh I'll probs change 'em back n give you some better feedback after. Maybe I just broke the CM files altogether who knows

So just delete the floor.txi? 

So just delete the floor.txi? 

I just deleted all the .txi files beginning with CM_ so I probably got rid of some files that were not to blame too. My "meh" solution, throw 'em all in the bin and make some tea.

Can I suggest for the next one you do something completely different like Dxun or Dantooine? 

Can I suggest for the next one you do something completely different like Dxun or Dantooine? 

the next one(s) will be most likely the unfinished ones from K1.

• Like 1

the next one(s) will be most likely the unfinished ones from K1.

I'd be very interested of your vision for Onderon or Iziz, specifically, as it feels like it has a lot of potential, but is hampered by the simple use of blues and oranges.

• Like 1

IMPORTANT NOTE:

For XnView 2.50 (AKA XnView Classic) users, there's no "Viewer" option in the File menu, so the process is different. Here are the steps to follow in that version

1. Open XnView (not necessarily opening one of the .tga files)

2. Go to the Tools menu, and from there click directly on Batch Processing

3. Click Add, navigate to the "Harbinger Part 2 - XnView" directory, select all files in said directory, add them with the Add button, and click OK.

4. Set the output folder to [TSL Directory]\Override, set the output filetype to .tga, and set "Overwrite files" to either "Ask" or "Replace"

5. Click on Go

Also posted this in the comments, but someone might check the support thread first so...

And now a question (also asked there, but people are probably looking at the boards more): Both this and the modder's own Telos reskin include a CM_Baremetal.txi

Should this be overwritten if the other skin is already installed, or should it be skipped?

@ZeldaTheSwordsman thanks for posting a detailed guide regarding  the XnView installation. Very much appreciated!

The CM_Baremetal should be identical, so you can overwrite/ skip it safely. Either option will be fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jorak Uln said:

@ZeldaTheSwordsman thanks for posting a detailed guide regarding  the XnView installation. Very much appreciated!

The CM_Baremetal should be identical, so you can overwrite/ skip it safely. Either option will be fine.

You're welcome, and thank you in turn for the clarification.