Dreamhead94

K1R on Android?

Does anyone know how to manually install this mod so I can install the mod on my android phone? Thanks!

Short answer no you can TRY but at a certain point it won't work.

But if you own a PC I can tell you how to TSL Patch mods for Androids so things like Inyri Forge's Head pack mod or Force power mods can work :)

Yes! Thankfully it is still fairly straight forward to install K1R and most other mods. There are two methods to do so:

Method 1. Install the mod to your PC KOTOR directory, then copy the override folder and modules folder to the KOTOR directory on your phone, Android/data/com.aspyr.swkotor/files.

Method 2. Download the mod to your device and unzip the archive and move the files from the tslpatchdata folder from the archive to the same directory as above, into their respective folders. All .mod files (and I think .rim as well)  are placed in the modules folder and most everything else goes into the override folder.

Also, there will be times you will have to remove K1R from your directory in order to progress the game (i.e. Vulkar Base) because the dialog.tlk is currently unable to be modified without breaking the game. To help prevent this, make sure you are keeping many saves from earlier progress. Rather than deleting the K1R and other mod files, cut and paste the override and modules files to another directory until you've entered and/or completed a "broken" part of the game. Most importantly, make sure your KOTOR installation is on the internal memory of your phone and that your phone can handle the mod(s).

Required programs:

ZArchiver (or equivalent): To extract a variety of files, including .exe.

Hit me up if you have any questions about installing mods for KOTOR on Android and I'll gladly answer.

• Like 2

I really am surprised when people say to just take the files from the "tslpatchdata" folder and chuck them where they go. That simply will NOT install the mod.

The mod is installed with a patching program because files need to be patched to work correctly.

USMCFR's 1st method would work, except that you'd also need the files from the lips folder and all the files in the main streamwaves folder to make the audio and lip animations work as well...

I really am surprised when people say to just take the files from the "tslpatchdata" folder and chuck them where they go. That simply will NOT install the mod.

The mod is installed with a patching program because files need to be patched to work correctly.

USMCFR's 1st method would work, except that you'd also need the files from the lips folder and all the files in the main streamwaves folder to make the audio and lip animations work as well...

Yes this is true, but unfortunately this is impossible to do on Android without breaking the game and causing the application to be identified as an "illegal" version. Why? Those files are in the .obb files which must remain in their original state to play the game, they cannot be extracted and repacked. That is why I mentioned some parts will have to be played without mods because there are files from the mod that would replace files in the .obb files. Because of this, many mods, including K1R, are not entirely compatible, but work to a certain extent.

Anyway someone can make files already set up for Android users so we can get these mods to work properly?

I'm proud to announce that I have successfully ported K1R and its expansions to Android and have encountered only a few minor errors that were usually fixed by reloading a save. Through installing with the TSL Patcher on a computer and moving those files to the KOTOR directory on Android, the mod should be installed and override any equivalents in the .obb files. Alternatively, manually moving the files should work but errors are likely and multiple mods could not be compatible as well as not patching anything as previously stated. It should also be noted that the dialog.tlk was made for the computer version so will require modification to display Android specific prompts. This is much easier than the modifying of the .obb files and having a size restriction that some of us had been working with. It is my hope that this will continue to work with other larger mods I'm beginning testing with. Hopefully there will be Android ready versions being uploaded soon.

• Like 1

On Amazon Underground KOTOR is only in English.

Can change the language copying .TLK file from PC  and install K1R using dlgconv?

Can change the language copying .TLK file from PC  and install K1R using dlgconv?

I doubt that, You'd need the voice overs if you want a Spanish kotor for example plus I do believe if you use a TLK that is in a different language with the English version of kotor you'll only be breaking the game.

Can change the language copying .TLK file from PC and install K1R using dlgconv?

In another forum post I read the other day, replacing the dialog.tlk file and streamwaves folder should be enough to convert the game language. However, I cannot confirm this as it could result in the above from N-DRew25 and recommend acquisition of a copy for the locale.

It *should* work on Android if using the same format as TSLRCM uses for it's installer (pretty much overwrite all, no TSLPatcher stuff).

Haven't tried though.

The main issue with Android installs is that 2da, global.jrl, and dialog.tlk will not work unless they are prepatched. For example, PC response moderation works because either is already patched. I have been using K1R on Android without patching, and it has worked, so maybe dialog.tlk patch isn't needed for Android. I have not gotten every possible path, so YMMV.

EDIT: I just remembered that the game crashes at the point where the twilek calls you before the swoop race. I removed that module (tar_m03ae.mod) and it worked, just in case anybody wants to put it together themselves.

The store page said my device don't support KOTOR, but after I formatted that the game run perfectly and I discovered it is multilanguage!

Now to install K1R must I copy override/modules/lips/streamwaves folders to Android/data/com.aspyr.swkotor/files or to Android\obb\com.aspyr.swkotor.underground?

I extracted the OBB files in the same folder. I installed all K1R mod into that and I copied the content in "Android/data/com.aspyr.swkotor/files/".

It appeared to work but now I'm encountering missing text in the Vulkar Base.

Must I use DLG converter in the override folder?

How is the mod on Android now? Has anyone manage to make it work properly?

Through the placing of the files into their respective places on Android or porting them from a PC installation, K1R can be played on Android.

I extracted the OBB files in the same folder. I installed all K1R mod into that and I copied the content in "Android/data/com.aspyr.swkotor/files/".

It appeared to work but now I'm encountering missing text in the Vulkar Base.

Must I use DLG converter in the override folder?

Make sure you got all the files and that there were no errors during the installation. You could also try to reload a save to get the text. Also make sure you moved all files to your device and the respective folders in com.aspyr.swkotor\files.

Make sure you got all the files and that there were no errors during the installation. You could also try to reload a save to get the text. Also make sure you moved all files to your device and the respective folders in com.aspyr.swkotor\files.

Yes I did.

Certainly It is a problem of localisation (I'm playing italian) like stuck on Korriban: http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/1974-stuck-on-korriban/?p=20337

I encounter the same message: "CONVERSATION ERROR: Last Conversation Node Contains Either an END NODE or CONTINUE NODE. Please contact a Designer!"

I was wrong. It is not a localization problem. I tried to open the DLG files with missing text and DLGeditor says:

tried to read string X>49264 but dialog.tlk only goes up to entry number 49264.

I'm foolish.

Since Android KOTOR is international there are several TLK.

K1R edits the English one. I deleted them and rename the italian one thereby K1R edits it.

The situation is improved: now I see the text of the guy with the elevator key in the Vulkar base and its item description. But the texts of the main control panel in the second level are still missing.

DLG converter doesn't work. Must I extract some RIM files?

Playing K1R PC the Iriaz are hostile (40EXP each one) but on Android they are neutral. Strange.