Motherdragon64

[TSL] Skirtless Jedi Armor

So the armor that doesn't restrict force always has this weird metal skirt thing that looks horrendous- especially on male characters. Is there a mod that removes this, but doesn't change the model?

You're asking to change something about the model without changing the model.

It's possible to do what you want (remove the skirts), but the only way to do it without editing the model is to alpha-block the skirt, which would not play well with any effects (like shine) on the texture.

• Like 2

You're asking to change something about the model without changing the model.

It's possible to do what you want (remove the skirts), but the only way to do it without editing the model is to alpha-block the skirt, which would not play well with any effects (like shine) on the texture.

What I mean is keep the model and texture for the armor itself, but remove the skirt which appears to be separate models if I'm not mistaken. Is this possible?

What I mean is keep the model and texture for the armor itself, but remove the skirt which appears to be separate models if I'm not mistaken. Is this possible?

That's what I'm saying. The skirt is part of the model, so one would need to edit the .mdl file in a modelling program.

• Like 1

I'm not on my modding computer, so I can't test it myself right now, but if the skirt is a separate mesh in the mdl, then it could be set to not render. I'm just not sure if there would be any missing faces that the invisible skirt would normally hide. If so, the gaps would need to be filled in.

Yes, the skirt in the PxBMM models is a separate mesh, and turning off the render flag as Redrob suggests would be a trivial solution. There seem to be no issues doing so that a cursory examination reveals:

TSL_PxBMM_Skirtless_TH.jpg

As Fair Strides alludes to though, a request to alter a model without altering the model is faintly ludicrous. A texture solution is not practical. A model edit is your only option.

• Like 1