Nice to see it updated.  Just three things.

First: Blender 2.80+  makes meshes double-sided by default. So the code to turn the lightsaber blades double-sided  is redundant and results in a trace back error when imported.

Second: I imported a character model and exported. Some of the tangentspaces read as tangentspace false instead of tangentspace 0. This lead to a mdledit error. Changing all instances of tangentspace false to tangentspace 0 let the model go through and everything worked as intended.

Third: Unsure if the next one is a bug or user error, but I had some trouble getting any  alpha other than 1.0 to export.

• Light Side Points 1

13 minutes ago, Hunters Run said:

First: Blender 2.80+  makes meshes double-sided by default. So the code to turn the lightsaber blades double-sided  is redundant and results in a trace back error when imported.

Second: I imported a character model and exported. Some of the tangentspaces read as tangentspace false instead of tangentspace 0. This lead to a mdledit error. Changing all instances of tangentspace false to tangentspace 0 let the model go through and everything worked as intended.

Third: Unsure if the next one is a bug or user error, but I had some trouble getting any  alpha other than 1.0 to export.

Thanks for the feedback. I've fixed the first two issues you've found. Regarding alpha: where are you expecting it to be set? Currently alpha is written to and read from the Multiply shader node (the second input).

• Like 1

I have a question regarding kotorblender but the model format in general.

I have compiled a model with kotorblender and in the face section of a model I found the following line:

138 136 130  1  138 136 130  0

As far as I understand the first 3 entries are the number of vertices which are connected to form a triangluar face. The 4th entry is the smoothing group right? What does the lost entries mean.

When I used Kotorblender to export a model the very last entry (0 in aboves example) was changed by Kotorblender from 1 to 0.

So could you tell me more what this does?

Thanks a lot and stay safe!

38 minutes ago, Crazy34 said:

I have a question regarding kotorblender but the model format in general.

I have compiled a model with kotorblender and in the face section of a model I found the following line:

138 136 130  1  138 136 130  0

As far as I understand the first 3 entries are the number of vertices which are connected to form a triangluar face. The 4th entry is the smoothing group right? What does the lost entries mean.

When I used Kotorblender to export a model the very last entry (0 in aboves example) was changed by Kotorblender from 1 to 0.

So could you tell me more what this does?

Faces have the following structure:

vertex_index1 vertex_index2 vertex_index3 smooth_group uv_index1 uv_index2 uv_index3 material

The last value, i.e. the material, does indeed get lost unless the model node is a walkmesh. This is the behaviour of original KotorBlender and I don't think it's necessarily wrong. Exported area models seem to work ok regardless of the lost information.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, seedhartha said:

Thanks for the feedback. I've fixed the first two issues you've found. Regarding alpha: where are you expecting it to be set? Currently alpha is written to and read from the Multiply shader node (the second input).

Well, I would set the alpha in the principled bsdf of a texture to 0.3. Then export and check under the texture that I set the alpha.  The alpha would still be 1.0.

9 hours ago, Hunters Run said:

Well, I would set the alpha in the principled bsdf of a texture to 0.3. Then export and check under the texture that I set the alpha.  The alpha would still be 1.0.

Alpha is controlled by a separate shader node, which multiplies diffuse texture alpha by model node alpha. You need to change the latter for alpha to be exported - this is by design.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, seedhartha said:

Alpha is controlled by a separate shader node, which multiplies diffuse texture alpha by model node alpha. You need to change the latter for alpha to be exported - this is by design.

Got it, thanks for your help.