Logan23

Ask the Developer of Revenge of Revan....a Question.

I first saw Revenge of Revan mod 6 years ago in development at ModDB.com.

You think it takes a few small years to do what Logan plans to do? This project is on a whole nother scale compared to any other mod for K2 (No offence to other mod creators). It will take some time to get a refined final copy of this mod but when Logan does finish, it will be a master piece im sure. Why would you rubbish him?

• Like 1

No new Demo for 6 years doesn't mean he isn't developing the mod. This mod is basically making a whole new game with lots of new content, textures, modules, NPC's, voice overs and god knows what else. It will probably contain hundreds of thousands of small scripts that would be horrendous for any other modder to actually make, and on top of all that hard work I doubt he'd want to make updates for Demo's when he could be focussing on the main mod itself. This mod for all we know might take another 6 years to make.

• Like 3

He explained earlier on this very thread that he's continuing development but has been slowed significantly by Real Life problems. In the mean time, we shall have to be patient and wait for his updates, here.

• Like 1

Real Life can be a real b**** at times, you know that?

I've been doing really small mods lately, but most of my time has gone over to school to get a degree to get somewhere close to where I want to be. Logan's been in the same boat between work, moving, work, medical stuff, work, oh and did I mention medical stuff?

Time slips away when you're stuck doing all the more important RL stuff instead of your hobby. We don't always get to devote the time we want to. Hell, right now, I haven't been doing much because I need to go to the dentist to fix my teeth; can't really get through a day without a headache anymore. That tends to drain your motivation and creativity when it goes on long enough...

• Like 2

Real Life can be a real b**** at times, you know that?

I've been doing really small mods lately, but most of my time has gone over to school to get a degree to get somewhere close to where I want to be. Logan's been in the same boat between work, moving, work, medical stuff, work, oh and did I mention medical stuff?

Time slips away when you're stuck doing all the more important RL stuff instead of your hobby. We don't always get to devote the time we want to. Hell, right now, I haven't been doing much because I need to go to the dentist to fix my teeth; can't really get through a day without a headache anymore. That tends to drain your motivation and creativity when it goes on long enough...

Very well, that's understandable.

He'll never get it done.

If that's your opinion, then fudgy-wudgy off. Or just avoid posting.

Hi everyone, I recently finished playing through The Jedi Masters conversion mod for Kotor 2 and I had a blast doing it. I'm at the point where I really can't play kotor 1 or 2 by itself anymore as I can literally run through everything that will happen in my head before I get there lol. the TJM mod was definitely a breath of fresh air. Anyways, I was reading about this mod and I'm extremely excited for it. I haven't played the demo yet but I plan to give it a shot in the next couple days but, before I get my hopes up, I was curious if this was still being developed or if it had been discontinued due to the time between the lasts posts here. Hoping development is still going.

• Like 1

If that's your opinion, then fudgy-wudgy off. Or just avoid posting.

Huh, I didn't notice at the time but... Fudgy wudgy? I guess that's one way to censor things.

I have 2 Questions:

1. Is there any chance that you add this feature that you have to go in specific parts of the Ebon Hawk in order to activate Interaction Cutscenes of Party Members? (From what I heard, Obsidian wanted to add this feature.)

2. Will this mod allow you to choose what choices you have made in the Kotor 1 & 2? I have deleted my Kotor 1 Save Files and I don't have any intention of playing Kotor 1 again.

Edit: Oops and take care. Thanks for making this promising mod.

Request for the modder

Would it be possible to play as a Iridonian/Zabrak, they are my favorite Star Wars species, and would be nice to have that option.

Question for anyone.

Is it possible to be able to somehow run KOTOR II without steam. I wanted to kind of create a secondary folder so that i can kind have a separate folder for the Revenge of Revan mod, and not have to worry about changing files each time I want to switch between the game. It almost worked, but I couldn't run KOTOR II from the .exe file.

Question for anyone.

Is it possible to be able to somehow run KOTOR II without steam. I wanted to kind of create a secondary folder so that i can kind have a separate folder for the Revenge of Revan mod, and not have to worry about changing files each time I want to switch between the game. It almost worked, but I couldn't run KOTOR II from the .exe file.

That would be due to Steam's DRM, there's no way around it. I would suggest buying it off GOG, then you can install it as many times as you want.

I'm at the part in Revenge of Revan where you meet your master's friend on Corellia. Is that all there is to the beta? If not, how do I get to the cantina?

Also, I'm thinking about trying to play the Star Wars: Jedi Knight series? Should I start with Dark Forces? And how is it compared to other FPS, like Wolfenstein or Do? Are there any stealth-based Star Wars games?

Question for anyone.

I think I have a solution for you.

Copy the entire contents of the "Knights of the Old Republic II" folder in "Steam\steamapps\common" and rename it something else like "VanillaSWKotOR2" or "TSLRCMSWKotOR2" whatever it is you want to designate it.

Then whichever mod (or collection of mods) you want to play, simply rename the the folder they are in to "Knights of the Old Republic II" but just make sure no other folder is currently named as such.

i just installed Revenge of revan yesterday it loads beautifully like its a brand new game, but the Voice overse are not working, im not that far yet, i just got done training, chose my saber, and went out and the only voice i heard was an Ithorian, other then that no voices work at all. is there a patch or a newer version of the client i should download?, please any help

Unfortunately, only a demo was released so far. No further news has been received on updates and the release date of the mod. The demo has no voice overs. And before you ask, because a lot of people tend to get confused once they encounter this for the first time (me include), once you reach a scene with a blue background (it's a replay of the first scene, the one where the senators debate things, if I recall) That's the end of the mod. After you reach that, you could replay the mod, or wait for news to come out. Hopefully, that will happen soon, as I believe this to be one of the best KotOR mods out there.

• Like 1

I will use the new news from the DS policy to "bump" (in a legal way) this thread: 

Logan, knowing that mods with portings are now allowed, are you thinking of integrating K1 files (like modules) in Revenge Of Revan?

Interested Query: Will the Handmaiden still appear if your Exile is female?

What role will Visas Marr play?

Can we expect a cameo of the Exile at all?

I saw that you could get Dustil as a companion if Revan was Light side yet according to TSLRCM he was supposed to be dead in the Korriban tomb where the Exile faces their past, present, and future. How will you make his appearance work if he's supposedly dead on Korriban?

So, is the project alive at all?

Logan haven’t been visiting deadlystream for moar than a year.

Is there still a point to wait for this?

No news is no news.

Locking this thread. No more update questions. If/when Logan returns to work on this mod, I'm sure he'll let everyone know.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1