Logan23

Ask the Developer of Revenge of Revan....a Question.

Hi Mr. Logan23:

Someone wrote an article about the fate of the Exile Meetra Surik and Revan.   This can be found on this link

http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Meetra_Surik

After The Exile jump into the Unknown Regions in search of Revan.

I quote:

Surik eventually caught up to Revan on Dromund Kaas and together, they fought the Sith Emperor of the hidden Sith Empire. A Sith Lord named Scourge killed Surik during the battle and Revan was made a prisoner. Although she died, Surik was able to communicate with Revan through the Force, to help him endure the imprisonment by lending him her strength.

So the end of your mod Kotor 3 mod should be based on the article found on this link,  because after Kotor 3, there will be about 300 years before the events of Star Wars: The Old Republic in which the force ghost of the Exile Meetra Surik appear to Revan.

Again, I quote:

300 years later…

When the Sith Emperor unleashed his army against the Republic, Meetra Surik contacted Oteg, a Jedi Master and instructed him to free an important Jedi, held captive in a prison on the Sith World of Taral V. Oteg then dispatched a team that is able to free the mysterious Jedi revealed to be Revan. Meetra Surik then appears to her former mentor, angry that he could no longer influence the emperor's mind, and urging him to fulfill his objective of destroying the Emperor. She then disappears, presumably became one with the force.

Will you add the fate of the Lost Jedi, the Exile and Revan on the planet Dromund Kaas at the end of the Kotor 3: Revenge of Revan?

:question:  :question:  :question:

Logan stated back a few years that he'd started this mod before the Dromund Kaas stuff and anything after KotOR 2 was ever made, so he was not following any established canon with his mod.

Somehow, I don't think he'll work it in mid-story.

Hi Mr. Logan23:

Someone wrote an article about the fate of the Exile Meetra Surik and Revan.   This can be found on this link

http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Meetra_Surik

After The Exile jump into the Unknown Regions in search of Revan.

I quote:

So the end of your mod Kotor 3 mod should be based on the article found on this link,  because after Kotor 3, there will be about 300 years before the events of Star Wars: The Old Republic in which the force ghost of the Exile Meetra Surik appear to Revan.

Again, I quote:

Will you add the fate of the Lost Jedi, the Exile and Revan on the planet Dromund Kaas at the end of the Kotor 3: Revenge of Revan?

:question:  :question:  :question:

To answer all your questions-

The strict kotor canon version of RoR will - work around the establish canon without breaking it.

The non strict RoR version will be similar but a few points changed.

Both versions will fit into the space between ktor2 and TOR.

=) 

Will this mod in it's completed state be basically a game in itself?

What i mean by this is, will it equal the size and detail and replayability that the original kotor games have?

Will it be 10 hours? 15 hours? 40 hours? How long should the game last, if one wasn't hurying, but wasn't being slow?

How will this mod be able to work with the already established "canon" that TOR has well... established i guess.... or do you plan on breaking the canon for the sole purpose of this mod and it's truth to the kotor franchise?

How will this mod tie up loose ends that were left untied at the end of TSL? (I hate the revan novel, i do not count it as canon, i don't even find it amusing)

Keep up the great work logan!

Will this mod in it's completed state be basically a game in itself?

What i mean by this is, will it equal the size and detail and replayability that the original kotor games have?

Will it be 10 hours? 15 hours? 40 hours? How long should the game last, if one wasn't hurying, but wasn't being slow?

How will this mod be able to work with the already established "canon" that TOR has well... established i guess.... or do you plan on breaking the canon for the sole purpose of this mod and it's truth to the kotor franchise?

How will this mod tie up loose ends that were left untied at the end of TSL? (I hate the revan novel, i do not count it as canon, i don't even find it amusing)

Keep up the great work logan!

All of your questions can be answered here: http://www.revengeofrevan.com/ You should play the demo and you would know just how much time and effort Logan and his team have put into this (The demo is about 30mins long)

Hi everyone

Just to let you know that I've been looking for a place to live for the past month.

I have 30 days to find a place to live or i will be homeless with a job.

I'm confident I will find something but this doesn't remove the constant stress.

This is why you haven't seen me in a while.

I hope to be back soon -posting again.

Just need to find shelter.

The mod will become active once I get a place to live =)

I can't wait to get back to work on RoR

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up =)

Logan

Due to Logan23's update (quoted above), this thread locked until the above situation is resolved.

I can update the Bastila model when needed.

We have a new version of MDLOps that will be able to smooth out what we perceived to be "hard model edges".

I can update the Bastila model when needed.

We have a new version of MDLOps that will be able to smooth out what we perceived to be "hard model edges".

Cool thanks for letting me know =)

Hi! , I Want to know if the update of the game will be in spanish or if will be any translation into spanish , thanks for answer

ok, 1 (the obvious question) when do you expect the full mod to be released?

2- how much gameplay time do you expect there to be on full release?

3- in both the demo,and the jedi masters,I only saw KotOR 2 maps,or custom maps,can't you have a KotOR 1 map imported?

4- is this mod discontinued ,in other words: did you back your work up? cuz if you didn't,the project is pretty much discontinued. I just lost all my important stuff last week due to hardware failure myself.

5- are lightsabers gonna be customised merely by color crystals? cuz it would be more realistic if parts did the job instead,while at the same time keeing the crystal form system,of course

ok, 1 (the obvious question) when do you expect the full mod to be released?

2- how much gameplay time do you expect there to be on full release?

3- in both the demo,and the jedi masters,I only saw KotOR 2 maps,or custom maps,can't you have a KotOR 1 map imported?

4- is this mod discontinued ,in other words: did you back your work up? cuz if you didn't,the project is pretty much discontinued. I just lost all my important stuff last week due to hardware failure myself.

5- are lightsabers gonna be customised merely by color crystals? cuz it would be more realistic if parts did the job instead,while at the same time keeing the crystal form system,of course

1)  I can't give a exact date - It will be done when it's done . . . as the modding community would say.

2) The full release .....is estimated to have 16-21 hours of gameplay. Again this number could become larger....

3) You are not allowed to port kotor1 maps into kotor2. Custom maps are tricky and time consuming - if you see any...expect them in the second half of the game. 

4) Yup, just backed up everything on a portable disk drive before my move last Sunday. I will also backup onto a cloud this weekend.

Always backup your data! (LOL)

5) Yes, they are upgraded by the crystal - the reason is due to the scripting mechanics of the game. 

Guest cornel

Hi Logan.

I was referred here by someone from the forum, because it seems you managed to do something that I am having difficulty with... .

I am trying to mod the main menu, but am not succeeding. Maybe you could give me a few pointers?

1. I am trying to change the character in the menu for a jedi (with a brown robe). I haven't been able to access the mainmenu01.mdx file, because I couldn't find a decompile tool for these kind of files. Could you point me to such a tool?

2. I managed to decompile the mainmenu01.mdl file with MDLops, but there's just a huge amount of numbers there. The only thing that make sense to me is the name of the character (Malak) that pops up from time to time in the file. I tried to replace that for another, but the program doesn't react to decompiled mdl files and unfortunately I have not found any tool to compile modified mdl or mdx files. Is there a tool available for that?

3. Another problem I encountered is the non-stretching background (loading3.tga) when using higher, wide-screen resolutions. Would you happen to know in which file the dimensions of loading3.tga are specified so that I can get rid of those black boxes left and right of the screen?

4. I also need to change the color of the mouse over and select. Where is that color (now white, needs to be yellow) specified?

5. Is there a way to make the smoke white instead of grey?

6. How can I avoid the legal.tga being shown at the start of the game, and have it play a custom legal.bik instead?

Sorry about the avalanche. I've been busting my head over this for days now, trying and failing, and am out of ideas now...

P.S. I have no microphone, so please reply here (or PM or email me) if you can. Many thanks for taking the time.

For anyone interested in this, I want to refer you to: http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/4143-main-menu-modding/page-2?do=findComment&comment=43141
;)

Hey Logan, I have a couple questions about the Trust system.

1.) How do you make it work? I'd assume you just use new global variables, but I don't want to assume.

2.) Does it work in direct correlation to the Influence system that's already in the game? If so, why bother? If not, how will one relate to the other?

Thanks.

Hey Logan, I have a couple questions about the Trust system.

1.) How do you make it work? I'd assume you just use new global variables, but I don't want to assume.

2.) Does it work in direct correlation to the Influence system that's already in the game? If so, why bother? If not, how will one relate to the other?

Thanks.

1-

Yes we will be using a good deal of Global variables for the system.

2-

The old kotor2 influence system isn't being used in RoR.

RoR's new system is more about having reactions based on the PC choices - so if you been killing republic soldiers and then want to use another choice related to helping a family get to their homeworld- this will not remove any of the effects you made concerning your view in the republic theme point of view by factions or companions. Basically you can't game the system.

What compelled you to create this mod?

Good question,...

I wanted to tell this story which was designed as the 3rd act in the kotor trilogy.

Luckily when the MMO didn't affect my original plot but it did help refine some sub plots in the RoR story.

As for going out and actually building it.....that was mainly thanks to Brotherhood of the shadow mod- i used it as a way to understand what can and can't be done. Then just talking to people in the modding community about different sections of modding. 

After all this ---I knew I could build RoR but it first started out as a reskin modules and new story to something more involve thanks to fellow team members adding more to the mod in the area of skins, characters and items.

But to return to your original question-- i want to tell this story since I feel its something that will bring closure to the kotor 1 and kotor 2 games.

Logan

1. Will this mod feature new feats / force powers / items / equipment?

2. How difficult do you plan on making it?

I really don't wanna sound nasty or like a negative twod, that's not my intention & I'm only trying to be realistic. But I have a feeling, that this mod won't see the light of day sadly. As many fan projects tend to do. Been waiting for 4-5 years for this now. Though, I totally understand & respect that things do obviously pop up in ones personal life (Yes, even developers) like the rest of us, that will put these types of things on hold, which is by all means fair enough. They did a marvelous job so far with the demo version and I LOVED it, but that was released roughly 2 years ago now.. Not really going to get my hopes up & I have no idea how big they plan to make the mod obviously, but I really do hope I'm proven wrong.

I really don't wanna sound nasty or like a negative twod, that's not my intention & I'm only trying to be realistic. But I have a feeling, that this mod won't see the light of day sadly. As many fan projects tend to do. Been waiting for 4-5 years for this now. Though, I totally understand & respect that things do obviously pop up in ones personal life (Yes, even developers) like the rest of us, that will put these types of things on hold, which is by all means fair enough. They did a marvelous job so far with the demo version and I LOVED it, but that was released roughly 2 years ago now.. Not really going to get my hopes up & I have no idea how big they plan to make the mod obviously, but I really do hope I'm proven wrong.

That is the unfortunate side of reality. The most we can do is literally hope that Logan still cares about KotOR and this story he wants to tell as much as he did when he first started. If he doesn't then it is completely up to him whether he finishes or not.

Personally I don't have a lot of time to replay 20+ hour games like KotOR but I would definitely jump back in for RoR.

He could pass it own to someone in or a group of people in the community that can should he lose interest, but i believe he's in it for the long haul.  

WOW... He obviously is still working on it, why all the negativity all of a sudden?

WOW... He obviously is still working on it, why all the negativity all of a sudden?

People start to question thing's in other's absence. I for one think Logan is working diligently when he has the time, he's personal life come's first above all else. 

Modding seems to operate in stints with some months in between.

Unfortunately, a lot of people are programmed to see progress every week, due possibly to how new television shows and videogames are constantly being produced.

I have a feeling that we will see a report when Logan is less busy. ;)

• Like 1