Logan23

Ask the Developer of Revenge of Revan....a Question.

Will there be any explanation for that how Bastila can be in Jedi Council, if Revan was DS? I mean, she should be a Sith in that scenario, no?

"Quick" answer to your question-

KotOR1 dark side ending - After the defeat of the Sith at the Battle of Telos IV, Bastila returned to the Jedi Order. While searching for Revan, she bumps into a former teacher from the Jedi Academy, who saves her from the Sith assassins of Darth Sion. 

Through her teacher's assistance, Bastila learns that her fall was due to love. She served her love for Revan, not the dark side or the Sith. Later, Bastila was redeemed and returned to the Order. Her history on the Star Forge is kept unknown to the Council, only her teacher knows the details of the event. Her teacher dies shortly before or after she returns to Coruscant to rebuild the Jedi Order.

If Revan was DS female then it's not the love but their bond and Revan's power and commanding presence. Revan was a leader that could inspire. 

​More details are sprinkled throughout the game.

We have a way of dealing with that. ;)

Yes we do, =)

I was merely asking if there will be an explanation in-game, not what the explanation actually is. Or, at least that is what I was trying to ask. So a simple "yes" would have been enough. :laughing: 

But thanks. That makes sense.

I was merely asking if there will be an explanation in-game, not what the explanation actually is. Or, at least that is what I was trying to ask. So a simple "yes" would have been enough. :laughing: But thanks. That makes sense.

:laughing:

I was never good at the Yes/No style of answering... it's always a wall of text with me.

There will be more about this in RoR - shown in a way to express Bastila's own emotions/thoughts - and the tension on what would happen if they found out the truth.

I was never good at the Yes/No style of answering... it's always a wall of text with me. 

That's fine. I just didn't want you to think that I'm asking for spoilers. :D (Thought I do have a bad habit of reading through dlg files, but that's another story...)

I don't know much about computers so here is my question do I have to have either KotOR1 or KotOR2 installed on my PC to play?

I don't know much about computers so here is my question do I have to have either KotOR1 or KotOR2 installed on my PC to play?

You will need KotOR2 installed to play the Mod.

ok, THE QUESTION OF THE DAY is:

where can I download it?...

ok, THE QUESTION OF THE DAY is:

where can I download it?...

If referring to KotOR2, Steam for $10...

If referring to RoR, it's not done yet...

I'm back with another serious question -- Karpyshyn finished his book with some serious bull about Bastila's fate. Namely, the fact that she made peace with Revan being gone. That's not Bastila. She would not have made peace. She would have waited until her son reached 20 so he could take care of himself, and then raise hell. Worse yet, she wasn't the only one at that. Carth was an admiral, and he knew about the SIth Empire. Mandalore knew. The Exile's students knew. Yet, Karpyshyn would have the readers believe that none of them attempted anything.

So, the question is, are you planning to address this bull in ROR? And it's actually pretty easy to do - just have a few dialogue options here and there for Bastila and whoever else you plan to put in the game.

I'm back with another serious question -- Karpyshyn finished his book with some serious bull about Bastila's fate. Namely, the fact that she made peace with Revan being gone. That's not Bastila. She would not have made peace. She would have waited until her son reached 20 so he could take care of himself, and then raise hell. Worse yet, she wasn't the only one at that. Carth was an admiral, and he knew about the SIth Empire. Mandalore knew. The Exile's students knew. Yet, Karpyshyn would have the readers believe that none of them attempted anything.

So, the question is, are you planning to address this bull in ROR? And it's actually pretty easy to do - just have a few dialogue options here and there for Bastila and whoever else you plan to put in the game.

Carth, Mandalore and the Exile student's didn't know about the Sith Empire. The most they knew was a threat in the unknown regions. They might have thought maybe the threat was the Sith or something Dark Side but they didn't really know. 

As for Bastila, if we are looking at the book's canon - in RoR - Bastila's child would be around 15 years old.

RoR will touch on Bastila and the topic of Revan leaving.

Kapryshyn is a Star Wars "local idiot", something between Jar-Jar Binks and Rosh Penin... Just skip him. And his "book".

Guest Lightfollower

Kapryshyn is a Star Wars "local idiot", something between Jar-Jar Binks and Rosh Penin... Just skip him. And his "book".

I'm inclined to agree but it is your mod logan so do what you want..

Wow. Am I the only one who actually liked Rosh?!:D

Well, I have to say I'm in the "hated Rosh" camp to almost the degree of Jar Jar; of which makes me feel bad, since he's not really too bad of a guy. He just talks in the most obnoxious and/or boisterous way and is characterized as "fallible" and of not much else in the form of a personality. (Basically akin to Anakin)

IE  They feel like this training is holding them back.. The jedi are weaker, I mean at least the sith don't ignore their emotions.. etc...  

At least give the man some backstory.. for all I know, he was born on an outer-rim colony and peddled counterfeit blasters for a living before running out of credits and bumping into Rebel Sympathizers who recommended him for application into the new Jedi program to keep him off of the streets.. They don't say what he wants out of the Jedi training or even anything like what opinions he has galactic politics, food, or holodramas. [rant/]

is the mod dead?

The Mod is very much alive.

I have started a new job, yes I'm employed now =)

Been working on my brother's mac power book and it took some time to get kotor2 running on it.

But I will soon have my own pc laptop in a few weeks - then I can really get back to the methods i had before.

• Like 1

The "strict story" (that follows revan and Tor) and the nonstrict story will be separate downloads or a choice that one takes at the start of the mod?

The "strict story" (that follows revan and Tor) and the nonstrict story will be separate downloads or a choice that one takes at the start of the mod?

They will be in the same Download.

You will be given an option when talking to Drayen -as seen in the Demo- but with an option of saying you don't care with (Strict/canon Story)

EDIT:

Didn't want to double post so I'm editing this one with the mew details-

I have been adjusting to my new job and the 3:30-midnight shift.

Feels good to be working again.

I have some pics of the UI for RoR's color change.

I'm going to change some of the UI slightly but nothing huge in design.

I have most the colors changed but I don't know if all can be changed yet.

I plan to release the RoR UI - for Kotor2 and RoR demo

Logan

That may sound like an odd question, but... how have you replaced a part of a movie with another? I mean, replaced Ebon Hawk with the shuttle in jump-to-hyperspace movie, for example?

This may be a very stupid question, but I'm curious when you think it'll be completely done?