Logan23

Ask the Developer of Revenge of Revan....a Question.

There will actually be two versions of the story to deal with the Revan Book. Both stories fit and connect to the Old Republic MMO's story.

One is built on strictly adhering to the Revan Book and the other is my story design which makes a tweak or two but in the end it fits nicely with the MMO. This allows players to determine do they want a strict canon feel or something with some extra creativity   :ninja:

The two stories are very close to each other just with some changes here and there.

Just when i was worrying myself, thinking that this would follow the Revan book, i read this.

Thank the maker that there will be another vercion.

Question: Will the meatbag make another demo when the mod is more advanced in development?

Encouragement: Good luck in your project, meatbag.

Just when i was worrying myself, thinking that this would follow the Revan book, i read this.

Thank the maker that there will be another vercion.

Question: Will the meatbag make another demo when the mod is more advanced in development?

Encouragement: Good luck in your project, meatbag.

I was actually lucky that my original story for RoR was flexible so both can be done, lol.

There will not be another Demo, there will just be a release of the first half of the game.

This meatbag says thanks for the support  :robo:  

I was actually lucky that my original story for RoR was flexible so both can be done, lol.

Query: Otherwise which one you would have followed?

Query: Otherwise which one you would have followed?

I would of choose two versions as I did lol  :Juggle:

The mod will follow some cut content from kotor 2?

Example: HK-51 droids appearing.

The mod will follow some cut content from kotor 2?

Example: HK-51 droids appearing.

They all got a chip upgrade to be dancers at the new droid cantina on M4-78 , lol,..i kid

Yes, we do touch on the HK-51 droids and what happen after kotor2 with them. 

How long do you think the mod will be?

I can only take an estimate on the first half of the game.

I'm looking at  8 - 10 hours maybe 12 hours...but 8 hours is a conservative guess.....So you can guess that the full game would be 16 -20 hours if the 2nd half of the game is as long as the first half...

I can only take an estimate on the first half of the game.

I'm looking at  8 - 10 hours maybe 12 hours...but 8 hours is a conservative guess.....So you can guess that the full game would be 16 -20 hours if the 2nd half of the game is as long as the first half...

That sure is a long game!

Will revan and the exile have VO?

Good luck!

That sure is a long game!

Will revan and the exile have VO?

Good luck!

Thanks!

Yup, Exile and Revan will have VO

How many planets will be in the game?

Hmm...number of worlds...

The exact number in the total game could change buy one or two,..but with the first half of the game has 5 or so locations, some might be visited twice.

Logan, 

Before Karpyshyn's book came out, I asked you whether you planned to account for its story in your mod. Your answer was affirmative. Is it still true? And if yes, will your mod try to be consistent with Revan's and Surik's ultimate fates in The Old Republic? 

Yes, I realize that this is an insane thing try to achieve, especially given how terribly both characters were ultimately treated in both the book and the MMO.

Still, any answer would be appreciated. 

Logan, 

Before Karpyshyn's book came out, I asked you whether you planned to account for its story in your mod. Your answer was affirmative. Is it still true? And if yes, will your mod try to be consistent with Revan's and Surik's ultimate fates in The Old Republic? 

Yes, I realize that this is an insane thing try to achieve, especially given how terribly both characters were ultimately treated in both the book and the MMO.

Still, any answer would be appreciated. 

RoR will have a Strict Canon story that follows the events in the Revan book.

There will also be a loose Canon I would say,..It makes a few tweaks but it still matches up with the story in the MMO.

There is little difference between the two in over all structure but in the loose canon- it allows you to have female Revan and a Male Exile as well as the game will take in consideration the choices in kotor1 and kotor2.

By having them both, players can play a strict canon version or if they want more freedom then there is the loose canon-or you can say my original story =)

Finding a way to work with the Revan book has been a bit of a challenge but I found a way that will still bring closure for the player on the key points/threads of the kotor saga. 

Some will say it's impossible,..but I assure you it is very possible lol =)

Speaking of which, it is canonical that after the Jedai Purge, Atton, Mira, Visas, and Disciple were the ones who rebuilt the Order, thus becoming jedai masters, which was a big deal for the Republic. Will RoR account for that too? 

How long you wrote the story, before you started to make a mod of it?

That's a good question.

Going back a year before I announced RoR in LucasForums, I was involved in another Kotor2TC (early 2007) which took place after the events of KotOR2 but had nothing to do with Revan/Exile.

The project didn't last long until the project fell apart during it's very interesting stages . . . but during it, I wrote a rough plot and had some input by two other members of that team. We were trying to move the project along toward production. At the time there were a few of us writing different stories for the leader to look at and see where he would like to go. 

Actually Kaila and Drayen were two of the characters in my plot which I enjoyed and brought into RoR when I started it's story drafting. There were changes to them for RoR but the essence was there.

After the project fell apart, I started to look into modding KotOR2 and that rough plot was originally the idea for the mod but as I did more and more research into KotOR's lore and Star Wars - I saw an idea for a KotOR3. Over the next several months I created a Story Bible for the KotOR3 idea and when it came to comparing the two story Ideas, I felt that KotOR3/RoR would be something that would create more interest in since it is actually placing a 3rd act into the kotor saga.

Edit: Can't find the old failed projects's site.

Now I know someone might ask "Would you ever do this different story later?" if I ever decided to - a big maybe- it would be a much smaller project and would be different design then the KotOR1/2 where you pick 4 locations then get the pieces and move to the next main planet in the plot. 

Before I get too much on a tangent-

I started writing RoR probably in summer 2007.

After that as I continued to learn modding and look at what is possible, the story saw some changes. Only a few though since the original story was built around re-using KotOR2 modules (re-skinned) so planets were picked based on these as well as the story.

By the time I announced RoR in early 2008, the Story Bible was done but there were dialogue to be written but the planet's story beats were there as well as how modules would connect and be used for each of these planets and soon came the flow charts for the scenes happening on the planets. What made RoR great was that it was designed to be flexible so when the MMO was announced it wasn't hard to adapt - but the core theme of the RoR story never changed.

And even to this day, the dialogues and scenes get tweaked as team members discuss them.  

Speaking of which, it is canonical that after the Jedai Purge, Atton, Mira, Visas, and Disciple were the ones who rebuilt the Order, thus becoming jedai masters, which was a big deal for the Republic. Will RoR account for that too? 

Yes, RoR's time period is when the Jedi are returning and rebuilding the order. During this time in Exile LS ending- The characters above are involved in rebuilding the Order but there are issues on how the Order should be rebuilt. 

In RoR's Demo, you can see hints of how some Jedi feel that they need to be more active in helping and protecting the Republic - which can put then in conflicts possibly - while others still keep to the very far hands off as we have heard about during the Mandalorian Wars. The other issue is the Jedi Order and the Republic's relationship in general- it has been a good deal of time since the Order has been around so some powerful members of the Republic see the Jedi as not needed or even as a dying religion. 

RoR will tell the story how this all leads to the Jedi Order we see in the MMO. 

During this time the characters you stated in the question are all dealing with their new place and roles, some are dealing with it better than others. Ex.- Mical is the head of the Dantooine Council as the Academy is being rebuilt. While Atton has his dark past and might not wish to be in the center of things - so he might be more behind the scenes.

You might guess that Bastila is a bit of a bridge between the New Jedi Order and the Republic due to her past relationships and allies in the Republic (for example: Carth.)

Everything is designed to think what would these characters do during this period of time and not what i want them to do- all based on the behaviors from KotOR2.

I hope I didn't go to long with my Wall of Text lol

Logan23

Wait, the mod is gonna follow the MMO's canon? Why would you do that? TOR pretty much ruined everything good that the KotOR games created.

• Like 1

Wait, the mod is gonna follow the MMO's canon? Why would you do that? TOR pretty much ruined everything good that the KotOR games created.

Not exactly. Luckily the MMO did't derail my original plot but some things needed to be moved around but looking back at it -the new knowledge of the MMO's plot allowed me to know where this will all end up in the X hundreds of years after RoR.

I can do basically anything I want in RoR as long as at the end of the game -there is way that over those X hundreds of years that the Republic/Jedi would match the MMO. And that is a good deal of time for events to happen so I still have a good deal of flexibility.

As for those worried about the MMO's/Revan Book Canon- The non Canon or my Original Story for RoR is there.

RoR is centered arounf the player's character and your choices throughout the game and taking in the choices you made in kotor1/kotor2( don't quote me as meaning every choice, but a good deal of them) 

=)

Logan23

Hi Logan , I just stumbled on this awesome project, and I noticed the demo was released in August 2011. Hows it been going since then, come a long way? Everything is still up and running , and a go? Thanks for the work and effort! 

Hi I've been considering playing the demo once I clean install TSL again before playing 1.8.3. I recently downloaded the compressed demo file but the patch doesn't have a download location? Is this because the demo file was updated a month after the patch was released in 2011 and is now unnecessary?

Thanks, can't wait to see the finished project!

Hi I've been considering playing the demo once I clean install TSL again before playing 1.8.3. I recently downloaded the compressed demo file but the patch doesn't have a download location? Is this because the demo file was updated a month after the patch was released in 2011 and is now unnecessary?

Thanks, can't wait to see the finished project!

When the patch was released, I think there was an issue with uploading it or something.

I will make a comment on the Download page to tell you where you can download it .

The Patch's Download Link Below

http://www.moddb.com/mods/revenge-of-revan/downloads/fix-patch-10-ror-demo

The Patch fixes one big bug and tweaks a few other things.

Thanks for your support!

When the patch was released, I think there was an issue with uploading it or something.

I will make a comment on the Download page to tell you where you can download it .

The Patch's Download Link Below

http://www.moddb.com/mods/revenge-of-revan/downloads/fix-patch-10-ror-demo

The Patch fixes one big bug and tweaks a few other things.

Thanks for your support!

Much appreciated! 

My apologies, 1 more question - what about the VO patch?

Much appreciated! 

My apologies, 1 more question - what about the VO patch?

There is no VO patch because there will be changes to the dialogue and I didn't want the actors need to re do scenes multiple times. 

Looking at what I have learned from the production of the Demo is that VO is best to be added near the end when all scenes have been play tested so the lines can be 100 percent finalized. =)

Feel free to ask any questions  about RoR

Logan