134340Goat

Level 10 on Taris (reached legitimately)

Remember when you used to play as a level 8/12 character? Now try for 10/10! You might even be able to achieve 11/9, if you find the right exploits

This is a level 10 male Scoundrel specializing in dual-wielding blasters who has reached level 10 on Taris. You'll spawn in the apartment hideout. All that's left is Davik's Estate, though, so if you want a challenge run that lacks good Jedi building, go ahead and try this

(Note: level 10 was reached legitimately. The only cheat used was the turbo code)

Mods used:

K1R (with Iriaz and Vulkar Sublevel)

Otherwise, the rest are just textures that really shouldn't affect anything

Out of curiosity, how'd you do it?

I tried to get every xp option available, and when multiple events arose, I chose whatever gave the highest amount. I also spent many parts and computer spikes to get the extra xp from that, but admittedly I didn't allocate my skills ideally, so I could have gotten much better from that. Rakghouls in the Undercity and sewers seem to respawn in a certain order. If you abuse the rapid transit system, you can take out a few of them over and over to get sufficient xp to level up

You'd have to have the patience of a saint to do it, but I suppose it would be possible to reach level 20 that way, too 

(Also, I just realized that my save disappeared. That's weird)

I'm thinking that the Vulkar sublevel was the only way possible (short of doing a TON of rakghoul fighting) to get to level 10, although I did once get to level 9 without mods before I was done with Davik's estate...

On xbox I typically reached 9 before leaving Taris, without rapid transiting too much, but wouldn't level up past 8, because 8/12 was right for me. I know vanilla Taris like the back of my hand. Now, with mods, I have to be careful to not level up too much for my style of play.

• Like 1

It's been a season and a quarter, but... anyone have a clue where my save went? I no longer have it on my computer and, while I could do it again, I'd be just a bit too occupied with other things as of late....

It is logical that you are already a Jedi. I guess they started you as a non-force user for the story line- the Jedi Council didn't expect you to regain your link to the Force so fast, and for the effect of the big reveal. The first time I played, it was completely spoiler free. My first video game, in fact. I had no idea if my character was to become a Jedi or not. Made it fun, too.

But for later playthroughs, it's a good way to explore the game. It would be cool to be able to use a lightsaber on Taris. I do like the benefits from the ordinary classes, though. The feats from soldier, skill points from scout, those really do help out later in the game, I found.

From what I remember from xBox, the rak ghouls in the Under City, and the wandering Black Vulkars in the Lower City respawned once if you go back through those areas. And doing a completionist playthough on Taris, recovering every mine, using as few computer spikes as possible, going the more direct route to pick up bigger xp. I was level 9 before boarding the Ebon Hawk. Now on PC, with mods that add more content, K1 Restoration and some other mod that adds more goons to Davik's place, popping 10 is easy.