Fair Strides

K1R 1.2 Impressions and Bug-Reports [READ ME FIRST]

156 posts in this topic

I installed K1R on italian PC-GOG version (without the dialog.tlk file that was shipped separately with K1R).

There are no problem until the Black Vulkar Base Sublevel (file tar_m10ab.mod) where texts are missing.

The DLGEditor shows the texts perfectly; nevertheless they are not displayed in the game. DLG Converter doesn't help.

Even I tried to extract files from the mod file with ERF Editor, to convert them with DLG Converter, to reimport them with ERF Editor overwriting. It doesn't work.

Are you going to work on Black Vulkar Base Sublevel International compatibility?

Finished this game with K1R about a month ago, Lashowe seems to be immortal if you try to fight her outside the Sith ruins.

I run into this bug too.

Are you going to work on Black Vulkar Base Sublevel International compatibility?

Shouldn’t be difficult, to be fair. If I recall correctly, it’s just some junk data in the dlg files (the game reads them differently than DLGEditor, which is why it doesn’t appear there). Then again, I believe there’s pretty much work to be done on the installer, which may or may not render the whole issue obsolete.

Bumping slightly  with a PSA about the jolee issue(the one where it soft locks).  An installation with only k1r installed did not have this issue. In fact, everything worked.   It was only when I installed another mod that it had issues. So check in your override folder for p_jolee001.utc. If it is there delete is as the k1r team added a script to one of it's event nodes.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/11/2017 at 3:51 PM, Eniena said:

Hi. Just wanted to say thank you so much for making such a terrific mod. Really enlivens an already great game experience.

DANTOOINE

• On Dantooine the positions of Master Vandar and Shuma the Hutt are very slanted. Vandar is especially bad as when you first encounter him he's looking all the way to the left.

I can confirm this. I have it with a fresh install of KotOR 1, and K1R only.

EDIT: Also, during the first cutscene with the council, Zhar isn't facing the camera when you first speak with the council.

Edited by ADG12311990

'Ello everyone. I'm having an issue with an invincible enemy. If I pick the third option (the one that gives dark side points) and let the rakghoul kill Hendar in the Undercity, when I leave the village, said rakghoul is invulnerable.

1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur?

At the rakghoul that kills Hendar.
2) Did you install the latest version of the mod? (1.2)

Yes.
3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

Steam
4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (4-CD version ONLY)

N/A
5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the K1R's read-me file?

Fresh install.
6) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

I uninstalled all other mods to pinpoint this as the issue.
7) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?

If I pick the third option (the one that gives dark side points) and let the rakghoul kill Hendar in the Undercity, when I leave the village, said rakghoul is invulnerable.
8.) Have you tried re-downloading/re-installing the mod?

Yes. Both.
9) Have you tried using a different save game?

Yes.
10) Have you tried starting a new game?

Yes.
11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

Windows 10, OS Build: 17134.228
12) IF USING THE GOG OR 4CD VERSION: Can you confirm that you see the K1R Launcher when you launch the game?

N/A

Update: Apparently the rakghoul is only invincible 'temporarily' (a good 5 seconds or so). So not as game-breaking at least, just annoying. 

Update: Scratch that. Apparently, I just got lucky that time. Most of the time, the rakghoul is still invincible.

Update: Haven't been able to pin anything down with this. It seems to just be luck of the draw. Even if I don't skip through any conversations (or vice versa), take different paths, talk to different people in different orders, nothing seems to affect it. Sometimes he'll be invincible, sometimes not. Sometimes he'll only be invincible for a little while. My frustration's mounting so I'm giving up on it for now but I'll let you know if I find any kind of pattern in future playthroughs that might help fix it.