Fair Strides

K1R 1.2 Impressions and Bug-Reports [READ ME FIRST]

Some minor grievances & problems I have encountered:

• On Tatooine, when being approached by the alien that reveals that Helena is in the cantina, Bastilla asks the alien if it has seen her mother before the alien has even started talking. Seems rather strange considering she is now the one who initiates conversation. Also, the cut dialogue in that conversation seems to just be different takes of the original, Bastilla asks about her mother twice now, this disrupts the flow of the conversation, and does not add a new point of view or anything relevant.
  • On Dantooine, when the first group of Mandalorians is threatening the farmer, the Mandalorian will shoot at the iriaz and never become hostile to the player, making the Jon quest line impossible. The Iriaz should be removed from the Matale estate module, and IMO Dantooine as a whole could use a reduction in the population of Iriaz. The Hutt inside of the estate is rather silly and If I had to guess I'd say he was cut for the sake of atmosphere as he is very out of place there.
  • On Lehon, the Sith Beastmaster is keeping Desert Wraid. I don't know how he could keep 2 apex predators the size of speeder bikes content, especially in that tiny room! This also affects gameplay as well, the beasts are too large to maneuver around in there, and can't get around the Sith or each other to attack the player. Something like kath hound or tuk'ata would make more sense to be kept as pets.
  • Like 2

Hi. Just wanted to say thank you so much for making such a terrific mod. Really enlivens an already great game experience.

I've encountered some noticeable bugs that should be addressed.

GENERAL

• For some reason, the game often minimizes after the Lucasart logo plays when you start up the game. Furthermore it can be impossible to bring the game back up once this happens.
  • The auto-pause option that activates when you spot an enemy doesn't work some times.

TARIS

• Whenever I fight in the arena, the position my character first appears in is slanted and not directly facing my opponent. This slant actually gets worse and worse with each fight as they twist more and more to the left.
  • After giving Largo the money he needs to pay off his bounty, the camera doesn't focus on Carth when he's giving his response to your generosity.
  • When you discover Rukil's dead apprentice and go back to talk to him about it and go through the conversation you need to go through to really get started on the Promise Land quest, everything is fine. However you'll have to go through the entire conversation all over again which obviously shouldn't happen as it'll usually jump straight past it to a dialogue state that reflects your post-dead apprentice reporting to him.
  • When you go back to the Hidden Bek base after winning the swoop race and go talk to Zaerdra with Mission in your party, the camera won't focus on Mission when she pipes in with her unique dialogue. It'll instead focus on Zaerdra for the line.
  • When you first arrive in the Taris Undercity and have your first meeting with Canderous, one of the black Vulkar thugs is speaking Twilek even despite not being a Twiliek. I'm actually using the Black Vulkar Sound Fix to correct this but, considering the K1R mod also corrects bugs in the game in addition to restoring content, you really ought to consider correcting this bug.
  • For some reason, when I'm in the undercity apartment complex where Selven is, the Vulkar Thugs for some odd reason run to and gather right outside the apartment door she resides.
  • Whenever I reenter the Taris City Sewers, Rakghouls that I've previously eliminated at the juncture with four exits respawn when they shouldn't.
  • When I am in the Vulkar base sub-level and after talking to the elderly Vulkar Mechanic about getting an authorization card, the journal entry for "Inside the Vulkar Base" for some reason reads "Taris: You've lost the tournament and have no credits to show for it..." You'll get the "Taris: You've lost the tournament but managed to win a sizable amount of credits" if you directly take his items straight out of his locker. This continues if you decided to do the spice for mechanic card quest. Obviously these shouldn't be the correct journal entries and definitely need to be fixed.
  • Again, when in the Vulkar Base sub-level and access the main terminal, the camera view "Cam-408: Control Room" in the South Section options is not focused on anything and is WAY outside of the game area and gives an almost full view of the game module.
  • When you use the workbench in the Vulkar Garage even despite using the workbench in your Taris hideout first, you'll still get the message you normally get when using a workbench for the first time.
  • In Davik's Base, if you choose to gas the barracks near the spice lab using the security terminal, you will kill the Tarisian Noble who gives you 5 credits if you pass a persuasion check. Apparently some of the gas you leak into one of the rooms gets into his somehow and kills him.
  • There is still the classic bug that prevents you acquiring the ability to rewatch the Ebon Hawk escaping Taris. I know that this is caused by that FMV being preceded by another without any in-game break at all so the trigger needed to unlock it got pushed properly. This should be a fairly easy fix as you could probably put in a brief in-game scene such as a brief black screen BEFORE that cutscene plays so as the trigger to unlock it in the main menu gets flipped properly.

DANTOOINE

• On Dantooine the positions of Master Vandar and Shuma the Hutt are very slanted. Vandar is especially bad as when you first encounter him he's looking all the way to the left.
  • Master Vrook and Master Zandar are not wearing their correct outfits. Again this is an oversight that I used the Vrook and Zhar Fix mod to correct.
  • When talking to Elise for the first time about your missing droid, if Carth is in your party and gives his unique dialogue, he for some reason turns the other way while he delivers it.

When I come across any more bugs, I'll just edit this post and add them.

Oh, and here is a current list of mods I am using alongside my game, besides the restoration mod of course. Some of these mods, more specifically the ones who solely fix bugs and restore content, I'd highly recommend you implement into the next version of K1R and will mark those with a *.

• Animated Cantina Sign
  • Animated Manaan Cantina Sign
  • Bastila on Korriban*
  • Bek Control Room Restoration*
  • Bendak Bounty Rework
  • Black Vulkar Sound Fix*
  • Dantooine Training Lightsabers
  • Dark Side Reimagined
  • Davik's Upgradable Armor*
  • Dodonna's Transmission
  • Ebon Hawk K1 Fixes*
  • Feat Progression for K1
  • First Lightsaber Crystal Fix*
  • Force Dustil
  • Force Powers Feat Gain for KOTOR
  • Galaxy Map Fix Pack*
  • Gamorrean Battleaxe Fix*
  • Gamorrean Battleaxe Icon Fix*
  • Gate Guard to Trewin
  • Genoharadan (Light Side)
  • Green Pazaak Base Cards
  • HK-47 Polished Reskin
  • Health Regeneration
  • Helena - Bastila's Mother Changes
  • Hi-Res Beam Effects Mod
  • High Quality Skyboxes
  • High Quality Starfields and Nebulas
  • Juhani Real Cathar Head
  • Kill Belaya
  • Kill Star Forge Jedi
  • Korriban Academy Workbench
  • Leviathan Party*
  • Longer Hair for PFHC01 Female Head Model
  • Mandalorian Assault Armor Restoration*
  • Movement Animation Fix*
  • New Dustil Onasi Head
  • PC Response Moderation (Installed BEFORE K1R)
  • Proper Sith Assassins
  • Quanon's Bastila Shan Reskin
  • Quanon's Canderous Ordo Reskin
  • Quanon's Carth Onasi Reskin
  • Quanon's Gammorean Reskin
  • Quanon's HK-47 Reskin
  • Quanon's Jolee Reskin
  • Quanon's Mission Vao Reskin
  • Quanon's T3M4 Reskin
  • Quanon's Twilek Outfits
  • Quanon's Zaalbar Reskin
  • Red Lightsaber Crystal Fix*
  • Sandpeople Disguise Drop Fix*
  • Sapith Fix*
  • Sherruk Attacks With Lightsabers
  • Simple Weapons Feat Restoration*
  • Sith Lightsaber Replacement
  • Sneak Attack 10 Restoration*
  • Stealthy Droids
  • Trandoshans Rescaled
  • Unique Sith Master Robes
  • Vibrating Saber Colors
  • Vrook and Zhar Fix*
  • Yuthura Sith Eyes with Light Side Transition

When I come across any more bugs, I'll just edit this post and add them.

I'm sure the mod makers will appreciate that but you should probably add to that which other mods you have and a link to where you got them from - just to rule out issues caused by other mods.

Iv ran into a gamebreaking glitch for kotor 1, I spoke with the jedi on dantooine about constructing my lightsaber but the cutscene just pans over to the workbench and thats it, nothing else happens 

1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur? After Manaan pazaak tournament . Game will not load any other parts of manaan other than hangar after i won tournament. game stops loading halfway through.
2) Did you install the latest version of the mod? (1.2) yes
3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version? GOG
4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (4-CD version ONLY)
5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the K1R's read-me file? fresh but the swoop/pazaak tourny npc's dialogue was broken so i redownloaded the mod.
6) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.) KSE
7) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen? completed pazaak tournament. left area, reloaded swoop bike race cantina. complete all races. try to go to central manaan and game stops loading every time. i can go to east manaan and the hangar only.
8) Have you tried re-downloading/re-installing the mod? yes
9) Have you tried using a different save game? yes, a completely different character can load the area but not the character who completed the pazaak tournament.
10) Have you tried starting a new game? 10 hours in.. so no i'd rather not. the area loads on my LS character though.
11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.) my nerd within isn't strong enough to understand that..
12) IF USING THE GOG OR 4CD VERSION: Can you confirm that you see the K1R Launcher when you launch the game? no?

note: KSE states this is the error and why the game won't load when i try to load/edit the autosave for the central area of manaan through KSE, though i have no idea what any of this means.

10/9/2017--5:26:55= Tk::Error: '/' must follow a numeric type in unpack at Bioware/ERF.pm line 290.

Tk::Widget::Callback at Tk/Widget.pm line 1153
 Tk::Tree::IndicatorCmd at Tk/Tree.pm line 130
 Tk::Widget::Callback at Tk/Widget.pm line 1154
 Tk::HList::ButtonRelease1 at Tk/HList.pm line 283
 Tk::HList::ButtonRelease_1 at Tk/HList.pm line 99
 <ButtonRelease-1>
 (command bound to event)

1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur?

During installation.

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod? (1.2)

Yes

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

GOG

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (4-CD version ONLY)

N/A

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the K1R's read-me file?

Fresh install. I just installed, launched it once, closed it, and went to modding

6) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them

all!.)

None

7) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?

I click on K1R_1.2_Installer, click yes to run as admin, click yes to install Main K1R 1.2 Installation, click Install Mod, click Yes, I'm sure, then immediately I get a popup, An unhandled error has occurred.

In the window that is open after clicking OK, it just says  ?Installation started 10/24/2017 12:57:52 PM...

I didn't even get a chance to choose the install dir, but at the bottom I can see it already chose the correct one.

What I've tried: Removing the Read-only privileges for the install dir, different compatibility modes (see step 11), and running as administrator, as well as re-downloading the mod and re-installing the game.

8) Have you tried re-downloading/re-installing the mod?

Yes

9) Have you tried using a different save game?

No

10) Have you tried starting a new game?

No

11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

Windows 10. I ran it in Win 7, 8, and XP SP3 compatibility modes, none worked.

12) IF USING THE GOG OR 4CD VERSION: Can you confirm that you see the K1R Launcher when you launch the game?

Haven't gotten that far

Where is your K1R installer located? It has to be somewhere OUTSIDE of the KotOR installation directory.

KOTOR 1 is in my D:\Games\KOTOR1 folder, while K1R was on my C drive's desktop. I had previously tried it in the kotor1 folder (oops) and I just now tried it in the same folder that my install is (D:\Games\K1R), none of them helped.  

Thanks for the reply!

Try moving the installer to your main D:\ directory and running it there. If that still doesn't work, I can try to look at what TSLPatcher should be doing before it runs the install.

Do you have the readme.rtf and the changes.ini present in the folders?

There are no problem until the Black Vulkar Base Sublevel (file tar_m10ab.mod) where texts are missing.
The DLGEditor shows the texts perfectly; nevertheless they are not displayed in the game. DLG Converter doesn't help.
Even I tried to extract files from the mod file with ERF Editor, to convert them with DLG Converter, to reimport them with ERF Editor overwriting. It doesn't work.

Does this happen in every conversation on that level, or only some of them? I remember having these ones, the cause was junk data in the dlg file that overrode the correct data in game, but not in DLG Editor (since they apparently use different settings).

IIRC a similar bug (same error message) had been present in Darth Tyren's PartySwap for TSL. I think the cause of the bug back then were non-english game versions that didn't work with the mod, but I'm not sure. I also think he fixed the bug, so maybe he can help?

I believe it is caused by an error in the dlg structure, where game doesn't know which branch of the coversation it should follow. (It has a "(continue)" and "[End dialogue]" nodes, from which it should choose from, but it can't, because no condition isn't guarding them, or something like that.) I may be wrong, though.

Do you have the readme.rtf and the changes.ini present in the folders?

Read-me.rtf is there, changes.ini is not present.

Funny thing is, I'm quite sure I once managed to trigger an Unhandler Error with TSLPatcher, but for the life of me, I can't recall what I did. I'm pretty sure it was something crazy simple, and it might or might not be relevant, but alas... if my memory fails to serve me, there's not much I can do about it.

Of course there is always the chance that Win 10 screws some library. What it was written with, anyway? c++?

I cant install this because 9 zip asks for a password at 83%

can anyone help/provide an already unzipped version?

from what i can tell, only the installer (exe file) is password protected, but as the only way to install is to use the exe file, I cant use the mod.

if there is a way to install/add the data without the exe file please tell me.

Does it ask you password when you try to unpack it, or are you attempting to run the installer from the packaged file? If it is the former, something is very wrong; (I would personally recommend 7-zip for unpacking, but I may be biased) - if it is the latter, it may be simply because the installer needs to run with adming priviledges, in which case Windows (not the patcher!) may ask the password of your computer's admin user.

You did download it from Deadly Stream, right?

Finished this game with K1R about a month ago, Lashowe seems to be immortal if you try to fight her outside the Sith ruins, and you can't finish the K1R exclusive Pazaak tournament; you can't challenge the Champion to a game, and if you lose to the droid player (the last guy you can play if I remember correctly), the announcer will give you your payout infinite times instead of just once like he should.

Does it ask you password when you try to unpack it, or are you attempting to run the installer from the packaged file? If it is the former, something is very wrong; (I would personally recommend 7-zip for unpacking, but I may be biased) - if it is the latter, it may be simply because the installer needs to run with adming priviledges, in which case Windows (not the patcher!) may ask the password of your computer's admin user.

You did download it from Deadly Stream, right?

Thank you, 7-zip worked perfectly.

For anyone else who has the password problem, use 7-zip with many thanks to LiliArch

1) explanation down
2) yes
3) GOG
5) fresh installation as required by the K1R's read-me file

6) just k1r

7) explanation down
8) yes
9) yes
10) yes
11) windows xp
12) yes

I have some bugs to inform so here it is:

1 - when I try to sedate major hurka the screen fades black and wont return

2 - In Taris, Rukil "forgets" that I already told him about his apprentice death and asks again if you found what happened wth her when you talk with him again

3 - In Korriban after killing the mother Tuk'ata, Lashowe becames impossible to damage or kill.

4 - in korriban, after Yuthura agrees to take you to the sith academy, she would ask about your companions, but now she wont ask about then anymore.

I have the Restored Content Mod installed, and I beat the Champ during the Pazaak Tournament, but the game crashes and kicks me out at the end of the Organizer's speech. This occurs every time I try to complete the quest.

1. Pazaak Tournament, at the end of the Organizer's congratulation speech.
2. Yes.
3. Steam
5. Fresh install
6. KotOR 1 Restoration 1.2
Revan's Items
Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge
The Romancing of Bastila
KOTOR 2 Style Rebalancing for KOTOR
Revan Jedi Knight robes
Sexy Female Companions Pack
FENS - Revan
Revan Canon Face With Scars and Without Scars v1
Invisible Headgear for K1
Jedi Robe Reskins Council Style
Clothing Boost
Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework
KoTOR Weapon Model Overhaul

7. It occurs at what I assume to be the end of the Pazaak Tournament quest, after I beat the Champ, and at the last line of dialogue in the Organizer's speech, right after he has congratulated me.
8. Not yet, but I want to know if this can be fixed without doing so.
9. Yes.
10. No, but I don't want to go back to that point again.
11. Windows 10.