Fair Strides

K1R 1.2 Impressions and Bug-Reports [READ ME FIRST]

First time around I selected all options except the [Force Persuade] option, then ended using Kolto to knock her out. Second time I used all options including the [Force Persuade] option, then ended using Kolto to knock her out.

Game crashes when I try to interact again regardless of route. Though I haven't tried the Dark Side option to kill her, or just leave.

I have no save for that point. I'm already on the Star Forge about to get to Bastila.

Not a bug report, but a small suggestion. Since we have to take two sith armors in Taris, why not make one silver and the other red?

1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur?

It crashes occasionally in other places but it crashes consistently after the cutscene with Zaerdra just before the swoop race.

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod? (1.2)

Yes

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

4CD English

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (4-CD version ONLY)

Yes

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the K1R's read-me file?

Fresh install

6) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=679256482 These, except for flawless widescreen.

7) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?

Read above

8) Have you tried re-downloading/re-installing the mod?

No

9) Have you tried using a different save game?

Yes

10) Have you tried starting a new game?

No

11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

Windows 10

12) IF USING THE GOG OR 4CD VERSION: Can you confirm that you see the K1R Launcher when you launch the game?

Yes

EDIT - By spamming esc while the cutscene ends I was able to create a new save. After closing the menu the game still crashed but upon reloading the save everything worked fine and I was able to continue withe swoop race. However after the swoop race during the fight with Brejik it crashes after about 30 seconds. I bypassed this crash by doing the same thing, saving every 10 seconds or so, until I beat him. 

The game also crashes during the cutscene before the calo nord fight on Tatooine. I haven't found a workaround yet.

1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur?

Haven't started the game yet.

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod? (1.2)

Yes, it's the latest.

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

GOG

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (4-CD version ONLY)

N/A

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the K1R's read-me file?

I think it's fresh.

6) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

I removed all mods and doubled checked before trying to install this.

7) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?

I have a similar issue as the guy from page 5 "An Unhandled Error has Occurred." However my install does start and at about the 90%-100% done stage I get the error.

8) Have you tried re-downloading/re-installing the mod?

A few times.

9) Have you tried using a different save game?

No saved games currently.

10) Have you tried starting a new game?

No. Not yet.

11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

Win 7

12) IF USING THE GOG OR 4CD VERSION: Can you confirm that you see the K1R Launcher when you launch the game?

I can see the exe in the install unzipped folder. Haven't start the game up yet.

Unsure how to post the installog.rtf thing. For that information. If you need it.

Install error Part:

\k1r_paztourney.mod"...

• Saving modified file "k1r_sykallin.utc" in archive "k1r_paztourney.mod".

• Adding file "k1r_paz_champ.utc" to archive "k1r_paztourney.mod"...

• Modifying GFF file k1r_paz_champ.utc...

• Finished updating GFF file "k1r_paz_champ.utc" in "modules\k1r_paztourney.mod"...

• Saving modified file "k1r_paz_champ.utc" in archive "k1r_paztourney.mod".

• Adding file "k1r_paz_com.utc" to archive "k1r_paztourney.mod"...

• Modifying GFF file k1r_paz_com.utc...

• Finished updating GFF file "k1r_paz_com.utc" in "modules\k1r_paztourney.mod"...

• Error: Unhandled exception: Cannot create file "C:\Users\Malithron\Downloads\K1R_1.2\k1r_paztourney_tmp\enter_paz.ncs". Access is denied (0)

Make sure that the K1R_1.2 folder and its subfolder are not set to "read only". Also try and run the K1R installer / TSLPatcher as administrator.

So I disabled the Read only for all Folders and subfolders and managed to complete the installation; However I ended up getting 9 warning errors. I'm unsure if it'll affect the game.

Errors:

• Replacing file unk_m44aa.mod in the modules folder...
 • Replacing file unk_m44ab.mod in the modules folder...
 • Warning: A file named korr_m33aa.mod already exists in the modules folder. Skipping file...
 • Warning: A file named korr_m33ab.mod already exists in the modules folder. Skipping file...
 • Warning: A file named korr_m34aa.mod already exists in the modules folder. Skipping file...
 • Warning: A file named korr_m35aa.mod already exists in the modules folder. Skipping file...
 • Warning: A file named korr_m36aa.mod already exists in the modules folder. Skipping file...
 • Warning: A file named korr_m38aa.mod already exists in the modules folder. Skipping file...
 • Warning: A file named korr_m38ab.mod already exists in the modules folder. Skipping file...
 • Warning: A file named korr_m39aa.mod already exists in the modules folder. Skipping file...
 • Warning: A file named manm27aa.mod already exists in the modules folder. Skipping file...

Seeing as it says it already exists, I can't imagine that it would affect the mod in anyway. Time to try it I guess. 

That's probably because you had the half-finished installation already done. It shouldn't be a problem, but it might be safer to do a full reinstallation of the game.

EDIT: I re-installed K1R. It seems to have fixed the issue. Cutscene plays as normal. Not sure what happened during installation, but oh well.

1) When approaching the Republic Soldier near the escape pods (just near that one Black Vulkar who you can kill or tell to get lost) in the Undercity on Taris, a cutscene plays. (Honestly I'm unsure if this is because of K1R, but because I can't find the issue anywhere else on the internet, I'm guessing it's due to the fact that I've modded the game.) After some lines of dialogue, he runs away from my party (still in a cutscene) and fights a rakghoul. However, he and the rakghoul just stay still. Nothing happens. I've tried pressing all keys, but nothing happens. I'm forever stuck in that cutscene and I can't access the escape pod.

2) Yes, I installed K1R 1.2 from Nexus Mods.

3) I have the Steam version.

4) N/A

5) It was a fresh installation. It was the first mod I ever installed to KotOR.

6) I followed a mod build from this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/kotor/comments/4yo3fd/kotor_1_and_2_mod_builds_guaranteed_compatibility/d6p71wn/?st=j4exgo62&sh=32c88e3c. It lists and has links to all the mods I have installed.

7) As stated in item 1.

8) No. As I have installed a ton of other mods, and given how adamant the readme was that I installed the mod first, I am hesitant to do so.

9) No.

10) No.

11) Windows 10.

12) N/A

EDIT: I re-installed K1R. It seems to have fixed the issue. Cutscene plays as normal. Not sure what happened during installation, but oh well.

1) When approaching the Republic Soldier near the escape pods (just near that one Black Vulkar who you can kill or tell to get lost) in the Undercity on Taris, a cutscene plays. (Honestly I'm unsure if this is because of K1R, but because I can't find the issue anywhere else on the internet, I'm guessing it's due to the fact that I've modded the game.) After some lines of dialogue, he runs away from my party (still in a cutscene) and fights a rakghoul. However, he and the rakghoul just stay still. Nothing happens. I've tried pressing all keys, but nothing happens. I'm forever stuck in that cutscene and I can't access the escape pod.

2) Yes, I installed K1R 1.2 from Nexus Mods.

3) I have the Steam version.

4) N/A

5) It was a fresh installation. It was the first mod I ever installed to KotOR.

6) I followed a mod build from this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/kotor/comments/4yo3fd/kotor_1_and_2_mod_builds_guaranteed_compatibility/d6p71wn/?st=j4exgo62&sh=32c88e3c. It lists and has links to all the mods I have installed.

7) As stated in item 1.

8) No. As I have installed a ton of other mods, and given how adamant the readme was that I installed the mod first, I am hesitant to do so.

9) No.

10) No.

11) Windows 10.

12) N/A

Well, it's confirmed the Reddit mod build is incompatible with K1R, but I don't know exactly which mods cause the problem. Fair Strides and/or Snigaroo might be able to tell you

There is a way to get out of that scene, but since you're combining the build with K1R, it's very likely you'll run into more problems

I installed K1R on ANDROID version.

There are missing text.

I tried to open on PC several DLG files with the editor (like K1R_1.2\tslpatchdata\Vulkars\tar10_mainpanel) and a error message appears (attached).

post-28882-0-07175900-1499782343_thumb.png

There is that Sith Soldier on Taris that guards the Lower City Elevator. I got both armors (as in, Carth is also wearing one). Sith soldier recognizes, I get passage through normally, but the strange thing is that when I try to talk to him again he says "This elevator is off-limits, and you're obviously not a sith Patrol from the way you're dressed". But I can still use the elevator and what not. I mean, it's a small thing, sure, considered that many people don't even talk to that guard after getting passage, but I thought it would be interesting for you to know about it.

I installed K1R on ANDROID version.

There are missing text.

I tried to open on PC several DLG files with the editor (like K1R_1.2\tslpatchdata\Vulkars\tar10_mainpanel) and a error message appears (attached).

I installed K1R on italian PC-GOG version (without the dialog.tlk file that was shipped separately with K1R).

There are no problem until the Black Vulkar Base Sublevel (file tar_m10ab.mod) where texts are missing.

The DLGEditor shows the texts perfectly; nevertheless they are not displayed in the game. DLG Converter doesn't help.

Even I tried to extract files from the mod file with ERF Editor, to convert them with DLG Converter, to reimport them with ERF Editor overwriting. It doesn't work.

1. At the Manaan Swoop Registration Office, Talking to Sslamoth.

2. Yes

3. Steam

4. N/A

5. No

6. None

7. I get an error that says: “CONVERSATION ERROR: Last Conversation node Contains Either an END NODE or a CONTINUE NODE. Please contact a Designer!” After Sslamoth finishes his first line.

8. No, don’t want to risk corrupting my game before checking that it won’t

9. Yes

10. No, it’s too late in the game for me to check it that way.

11. Windows 10

12. N/A

I had a look around in some other places but couldn't find any actual resolution to the problem. Don't want to risk breaking my game as I'm quite far in so thought it best to come straight to the source. 

1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur?: Calo Nord Tatooine boss fight

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod? (1.2) : Yes

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?  Steam

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (4-CD version ONLY) : N/A

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the K1R's readme file?: Fresh Installation

6) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.): K1R 1.2, BOSSR, Recruitable Maxis, Recruitable Luo, Sunglasses 2.0 and Recruitable Kay

7) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?: When Calo Nord dies he drops 3 thermal detonators, 2 concussion grenades, 1 nerve amplifier belt, 1 retinal combat implant, 1 verpine prototype shield and 1 advanced bio stabilizer mask

8) Have you tried re-downloading/re-installing the mod? 9) Have you tried using a different save game?: No

10) Have you tried starting a new game?: No

11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.): Windows 10

12) IF USING THE GOG OR 4CD VERSION: Can you confirm that you see the K1R Launcher when you launch the game?: N/A

What exactly is the bug here? Should he drop something different?

Calo Nord is dropping the items he should have equipped but never drop. I apologize if my bug report wasn't very specific.

That's pretty much the basic rookie mistake to make if editing an .utc with KOTORTool (don't use KOTORTool for .utc's DAMMIT!).

:/

(don't use KOTORTool for .utc's DAMMIT!).

In Kotor Tool there is a droppable on and off field if you right click on the NPC's inventory icons that have items equipped so it's even more embarrassing.

In Kotor Tool there is a droppable on and off field if you right click on the NPC's inventory icons that have items equipped so it's even more embarrassing.

The problem is that this field is not always doing what it should. Which is why you usually shouldn't use KotOR Tool for .utcs and especially not for inventories.

English

Strange. I have the same problem (missing texts; node errors) with Vulkar Base, but I'm using GOG Italian version. I thought language was the problem.

1. At the Manaan Swoop Registration Office, Talking to Sslamoth.

2. Yes

3. Steam

4. N/A

5. No

6. None

7. I get an error that says: “CONVERSATION ERROR: Last Conversation node Contains Either an END NODE or a CONTINUE NODE. Please contact a Designer!” After Sslamoth finishes his first line.

8. No, don’t want to risk corrupting my game before checking that it won’t

9. Yes

10. No, it’s too late in the game for me to check it that way.

11. Windows 10

12. N/A

I had a look around in some other places but couldn't find any actual resolution to the problem. Don't want to risk breaking my game as I'm quite far in so thought it best to come straight to the source. 

I've had this same exact problem, the only difference being that I'm playing the GOG version. I can't initiate either the Manaan Swoop racing quest or the pazaak tournament because of this. I only have a few cosmetic mods installed, so I doN't think it's caused by a mod conflict. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

IIRC a similar bug (same error message) had been present in Darth Tyren's PartySwap for TSL. I think the cause of the bug back then were non-english game versions that didn't work with the mod, but I'm not sure. I also think he fixed the bug, so maybe he can help?

IIRC a similar bug (same error message) had been present in Darth Tyren's PartySwap for TSL. I think the cause of the bug back then were non-english game versions that didn't work with the mod, but I'm not sure. I also think he fixed the bug, so maybe he can help?

Is the error about Pazaak tournament? I played it with non problem with a non-english version.

Is the error about Pazaak tournament? I played it with non problem with a non-english version.

It's not K1R related at all as PartySwap is a TSL mod. I think there the error came up when going to Iziz with the Mandalorians. But the error message was the same (I think) so the cause for the bug was probably similar as well which is why I mentioned it.