Fair Strides

K1R 1.2 Impressions and Bug-Reports [READ ME FIRST]

For the Jolee stuff, you can probably just rename/remove kas_m24aa.mod from the modules folder. The only content in that level was the Jolee stuff and Rulan Prolik's shapeshifting.

EDIT: After further looking, it appears, that this is an issue somehow fixed by enabling v-sync. Will try that. (probably a base game issue then in the first place.) That did indeed work, not sure I understand why in the least, but it did. Sorry to clog the thread with a non-K1R bug report for a seemingly known/work-aroundable issue. 

Having an issue with commands and being both unable to interrupt them, and getting locked unable to move. Not sure if it's a bug for standard install as well. If you click on an object/person in the distance, you can't interrupt the order via movement, or move away. The only way to stop the order is to order an interaction with another NPC/object. Linked to it, quite frequently, I find my character unable to move using the arrows/WASD after being given combat orders, and after the combat. I'm able to resolve the inability to move by saving/reloading or entering a new area, but it's just a bit annoying. If there's any sort of permanent fix, I'd love to use that instead. Usually it only affects the character I am controlling, but if I input orders to multiple characters, I can have multiple stuck unable to move except via object interactions. Interacting with an object does not clear the inability to move. 

1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur?

It began from the first combat. 
2) Did you install the latest version of the mod? (1.2)

Yes
3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

Steam
4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (4-CD version ONLY)
N/A

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the K1R's read-me file?
Fresh install. Clean install over unmodded Steam copy.

6) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)
K1R, and included Vulkar Base, Jolee/Juhani clothing, Sea Floor Party

7) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?
After nearly every combat if I give specific action orders. Uncommon with ranged character actions/orders that can be completed without moving.

8) Have you tried re-downloading/re-installing the mod?
Not as of yet.

9) Have you tried using a different save game?
Yes

10) Have you tried starting a new game?
Yes.

11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)
Windows 7

12) IF USING THE GOG OR 4CD VERSION: Can you confirm that you see the K1R Launcher when you launch the game?

N/A

Edited by Warden

Not a bug report, but an amusing little consistency error that may or may not have been mentioned before which could possibly be fixed in 1.3

You can speak with Carth about his "out of the loop" conversation after finding the Dantooine star map but before talking to the council. So you and Carth discuss the mission you've been given - before you're given it or even really know about it

Edit like two days later to avoid double post:

What do you know, I've experienced the invincible Lashowe glitch. Was that determined to be K1R or the result of a mod conflict? I don't really have any mods that would affect Lashowe or Korriban at all really

I've encountered the Lashowe glitch as well. The only other mods that I've got only affect the textures, which are basically High Quality Skyboxes, High Quality Blasters, High Quality Cockpit Skyboxes, High Quality Starfields, Animated Galaxy Map, Animated Ebon Hawk Monitors, and Loadscreens in Color. I installed all of the optional additions in the K1R, and I use a Windows 8 upgraded to Windows 10. The client I use is Steam. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I need it in order to progress through my Walkthrough.

Not a bug report, but an amusing little consistency error that may or may not have been mentioned before which could possibly be fixed in 1.3

You can speak with Carth about his "out of the loop" conversation after finding the Dantooine star map but before talking to the council. So you and Carth discuss the mission you've been given - before you're given it or even really know about it

Edit like two days later to avoid double post:

What do you know, I've experienced the invincible Lashowe glitch. Was that determined to be K1R or the result of a mod conflict? I don't really have any mods that would affect Lashowe or Korriban at all really

I will be investigating that Carth thing, as that is a humorous oversight. As to the Lashowe thing, look below.

I've encountered the Lashowe glitch as well. The only other mods that I've got only affect the textures, which are basically High Quality Skyboxes, High Quality Blasters, High Quality Cockpit Skyboxes, High Quality Starfields, Animated Galaxy Map, Animated Ebon Hawk Monitors, and Loadscreens in Color. I installed all of the optional additions in the K1R, and I use a Windows 8 upgraded to Windows 10. The client I use is Steam. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I need it in order to progress through my Walkthrough.

You can package the save up and send it to me so I can fix it. Preferably a save right in front of Lashowe (yes, I can still fix it if you're in combat with her in the save).

How are you going to fix a save file? But more importantly, can't you just edit the file with Lashowe so I don't need to keep sending you save files?

How are you going to fix a save file? But more importantly, can't you just edit the file with Lashowe so I don't need to keep sending you save files?

I'm going to open the save file's Korriban levels as if they were normal modules and then edit Lashowe's character in the .git file to make sure the Min1HP and Plot settings are set to 0, and do so if they aren't. Then reverse-pack the files to get back to the normal save file.

I currently don't have K1R installed at the moment and the laptop can't play the game anyways, so this fix works until tomorrow when I'm at home on my modding computer.

Afraid I've long since saved over it, and I just let her take the holocron. I think Uthar likes it more when you take revenge and murder her afterwards anyway. Or maybe every prestige gain is equal

I'm just trying to start playing with this mod but it seems I'm doing something wrong...

1. Haven't actually started the game because there is no impossible difficulty option.

2. Yes

3. 4CD

4. Yes

5.Fresh

6.No other mods, just trying to get this working.

7.Simply put when I install the mod it says: "Done. Changes have been applied." But when I open the game I see nothing different and there is no option for impossible difficulty.

8. Yes.

9.N/A

10.N/A

11.Windows 8

12. I do not see any K1R launcher when I launch the game. That is part of the reason why I think there is something wrong along with the fact that there is no impossible difficulty.

So if I start playing, at what point do I certainly know that the mod is not working? And just to make it clear I'm no professional at this so there may well be something that I'm doing wrong. But the mod installer says that everything was done so I don't know what else to do.

Thanks for any help!

Barring the Impossible Difficulty, the next thing easily-identifiable thing is an added scene after you get off the Endar Spire. Carth will tell you to go back to sleep and let the kolto/medpacks do their job.

Can you tell me where you installed KotOR when you installed it? And when you installed K1R, where did you direct the installer (this should be at the top of the installlog.rtf)?

So I played to that point and Carth said no such thing.

I installed it into my "Downloads" folder and directed the installer to the same folder

Interesting place to install the game. Can you tell me if there's anything inside the game's Override folder? Also can you attach the installlog.rtf file so I can see it myself?

• Like 1

I actually tried uninstalling the game completely and reinstalling and now it seems to be working!

Fair Strides, I've probably already told you this, but the Bastila Romance glitch still prevails. Fortunately, I had the KSE to change the variable. Nevertheless, I do think that the K1R development team needs to check that one bug.

@Domino5555: I knew there was something I was forgetting. I had this nice mental list of crap to get done this weekend... :)

Do you have a save from after you romanced her but before you talked to her afterwards? Or a save from before romancing her? And so I don't need to look up the info myself, can you let me know (or link me to) what the variable was after you talked to her and what you needed to change it to?

I had to change something from 13 to 12. More than one of you might know exactly what that variable is.

Edit: I found the file: K_SWG_BASTILA

Edited by Domino5555

Oh, speaking of little details, I've forgotten: what was the decision on that Carth line that occurs after Leviathan escape if there's no Juhani/Jolee/Mission in the party?

Oh, speaking of little details, I've forgotten: what was the decision on that Carth line that occurs after Leviathan escape if there's no Juhani/Jolee/Mission in the party?

I'm actually not sure.

After a good 15 minutes of searching and re-reading, I found what you were talking about (I already knew the topic, but forgot the context). I forget if I did this for the 1.2 version or not, but I still think the solution I suggested would be the one used. Unless I chose to edit the sequence of events and have the Carth line play before the movie plays.

So the new sequence would be like so:

*PC and Carth run to ship*

*I pull Carth's line from the ebo_carth.dlg in ebo_m40ad_s.rim: "Let's get out of here before they close those docking bay doors!"*

*Escape sequence plays like normal*

*Post-Leviathan dialog is modified like so:

[Juhani's line, like normal]

[Jolee's line, like normal]

[Mission's line, like normal]

[instead of the line about getting out of here, I re-use the Carth dialog about running into Malak]

This works better I think because the Carth diaog I'd be copying to the bottom (and which would be used if Juhani, Jolee, and Mission weren't around) is the same dialog that Carth would say after any of the trio asked what happened.

After a good 15 minutes of searching and re-reading, I found what you were talking about (I already knew the topic, but forgot the context). I forget if I did this for the 1.2 version or not, but I still think the solution I suggested would be the one used. Unless I chose to edit the sequence of events and have the Carth line play before the movie plays.

So the new sequence would be like so:

*PC and Carth run to ship*

*I pull Carth's line from the ebo_carth.dlg in ebo_m40ad_s.rim: "Let's get out of here before they close those docking bay doors!"*

*Escape sequence plays like normal*

*Post-Leviathan dialog is modified like so:

[Juhani's line, like normal]

[Jolee's line, like normal]

[Mission's line, like normal]

[instead of the line about getting out of here, I re-use the Carth dialog about running into Malak]

This works better I think because the Carth diaog I'd be copying to the bottom (and which would be used if Juhani, Jolee, and Mission weren't around) is the same dialog that Carth would say after any of the trio asked what happened.

Yeah, it hasn't been added to 1.2

Sorry, should have just directly mentioned what I meant lol

Well, unless one warps/glitches through Taris, we shouldn't be able to hear that line except for where you plan to add it in, so why does it become necessary to edit it in the "What happened" scene?

For continuity's sake in the event that anyone should fulfill the requirements to make the default Carth section trigger. It'd be a bit jarring to have him say the same line twice in a row instead of just getting down to the action.

That and from what I can see, after Carth says that line in the "What happened" scene, the game just jumps straight to going to the next planet, skipping the Revelation scene, which would only have T3, Canderous, and Carth at a bare minimum.

Good point. And yes, it does say that line and then just abruptly move you to the next planet. But without Mission, wouldn't it soft lock even if it skipped to Carth's line explaining what happened?

I suppose it's a moot point, as one really shouldn't see that to begin with. Your decision's probably best way to go about it

Hi, I'd like to report a small bug with the pazaak tournament. I'm playing K1R_1.2, and with it, when you get up to playing cs-32 (the robot), if you actually play a game with him and win, you can't continue. It seems to mess up the robot's name when you head to the announcer, and suggests you've won the tournament. But, you haven't. There's still the champ to play. But, you can't.

That happens if you play with him. But, if you beat the robot with repair or something, then things don't mess up. I had to use the save editor to temporarily boost my repair skill to take that option. Once I won, I took it back down, since my character isn't that great with robot repair.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention this. It's just a slight bug, but it means people can get stuck with it. That's some payout, by the way. Like... a massive payout for winning. I like it.