Fair Strides

K1R 1.2 Impressions and Bug-Reports [READ ME FIRST]

So I Think I found two bugs on Dantooine

* The first one is there are 5 Hostile Iriaz near the area where you first encoubter Kath Hounds and there hostile (And I didn't install the iriaz part)

*The second one is if I lure a Kath hound into the enclave it doesn't attack any of the NPC's nor do they attack it, but it certainley likes to eat the Repiblic Security force and even worse they Just let it happen they don't even fight back and when they die they drop clothing variant 2 and a blaster now (I know that isn't restored content thats a bug)

1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur? When you first enter the Dantooine Courtyard

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod? (1.2) Yes
3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version? Steam
4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (4-CD version ONLY) N/A
5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the K1R's read-me file? No
6) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.) None
7) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen? The first one is there are 5 Hostile Iriaz near the area where you first encoubter Kath Hounds and there hostile (And I didn't install the iriaz part), The second one is if I lure a Kath hound into the enclave it doesn't attack any of the NPC's nor do they attack it, but it certainley likes to eat the Repiblic Security force and even worse they Just let it happen they don't even fight back and when they die they drop clothing variant 2 and a blaster now (I know that isn't restored content thats a bug)

8) Have you tried re-downloading/re-installing the mod? No

9) Have you tried using a different save game? Yes
10) Have you tried starting a new game? Yes
11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.) Windows 10
12) IF USING THE GOG OR 4CD VERSION: Can you confirm that you see the K1R Launcher when you launch the game? N/A

I mentioned the same thing earlier about Kath Hounds attacking the sentries while neither they nor the Jedi there gave a damn. It's actually pretty funny

As for that other thing.... that's very strange. Are they attacking you or are they simply marked as enemies you can attack and kill?

I mentioned the same thing earlier about Kath Hounds attacking the sentries while neither they nor the Jedi there gave a damn. It's actually pretty funny

As for that other thing.... that's very strange. Are they attacking you or are they simply marked as enemies you can attack and kill?

They do attack me and I can attack and successfully kill them. it only appears to be this one group though I haven't checked the rest of Dantooine

Ditto to the above re: Jolee and the cutscene bug. I have read elsewhere that a similar problem crops up because two mods are using kas24_jolee_01.dlg ; except that this mod doesn't contain that file, and it's not in my Override folder. 

Aside from that, can't say I've noticed any other major bugs, but I sorta rushed through Taris cos I hate it, lol

The file is found in kas_m24aa.mod in the modules folder.

I see I'm going to have to re-do this content again in a better way, so when I get around to working on K1R, I'll be asking for some testers for specifically this Jolee content...

Czerka employees on Korriban wear Sith uniforms? Future fixes for their original Czerka uniform?

Edit:

Game - English Version
Patch 1.03
KotOR 1 Restoration 1.2
Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge 1.5
Bastila on Korriban 1.0
Party on the Leviathan! 1.1
Canon Galaxy Map
Realistic Visual Effects
High Quality Blasters 1.0
Davik's Upgradable Armor Mod 1.0
Dantooine Training Lightsabers 1.0
Prequel Robe Replacement 1.0
Teta's Royal Band Restored
Vanilla Masks Overhaul 0.9
High Quality Skyboxes 1.2
High Quality Starfields and Nebulas 1.2

1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur? When I first got to the Lower City on Taris.
2) Did you install the latest version of the mod? (1.2) Yes.
3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version? Steam.
4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (4-CD version ONLY) N/A
5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the K1R's read-me file? Fresh installation.
6) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.) No other mods.
7) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen? It doesn't affect gameplay so it's not a huge deal. It's a graphics bug/glitch. I've attached a picture to show.
8) Have you tried re-downloading/re-installing the mod? Not yet.
9) Have you tried using a different save game? Yes.
10) Have you tried starting a new game? No.
11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.) Windows 10.
12) IF USING THE GOG OR 4CD VERSION: Can you confirm that you see the K1R Launcher when you launch the game? N/A

The top of the sky glitches out (as shown). Sometimes the lines show as horizontal and they form a wall essentially on the ground. Not sure what causes it. I'm assuming it's from K1R 1.2 because I've never had this appear before (several files over the years) and this is my first file with 1.2. I tried turning off vsync, turning off anti-aliasing, and turning off anisotropy. None of that did anything. 

post-27134-0-29798900-1471554058_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Did you try turning grass off?

Hey good call, that worked. Thanks! I was just about to edit in another screenshot where pretty much the entire screen was covered in the lines when I left the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine.

Stability/crash improvement:

just wanted do drop in and say that i found a fix for the hidden becks swoop ride crash after the twilek contacts you on the comlink, just open swkotor.ini and add into the [Graphics options] the line Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1.

It solves more than that, apparently, since my game is more stable and does not crash as often as before  Apparently newer graphics cards from nvidia create a conflict with some files from this game and this line solves that.

Hope it helps :D

PS: i should mention that from what i have read this should improve stability for TSL as well

I have found some bugs since instaling both versions.

First: in Taris Rukil forgets that you already gave the news about his apprentice's death, this makes possible to gain infinite exp every time you say that you found the first journal. This happens since the 1.1 version

Second: in Korriban, if you fight Lashowe she will be invencible, there is no way to defeat her. Also it seems that there some dialogues missing, like when you ask about the star map to the mechanic, and Yuthura wont ask about your companions.

FOR K1R

1. This occurred before I could get the game running.

2. Yes

3. Steam

4. Yes

5. Original installation

6. None

7. TSL patcher with the mod returns "An uhandled error occurred" when selecting "Yes" to install

8. Yes

9. There are no save games

10. I couldn't get it to install, so there wouldn't be much point.

11. Win10 (64)

12. N/A

Got the Jolee bug as well.  Killed the kinraths and he just stood there, clicked on him, went to cutscene where nothing happened, and had to force quit just to get out of it.  I installed 1.2 again just in case I hadn't, still happened.  Any word on if this is trying to be fixed?

1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur?

During installation

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod? (1.2)

yes

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

Steam

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (4-CD version ONLY)

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the K1R's read-me file?

Yes.

6) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site.

(We don't actually know them all!.)

NPC Overhaul

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/410-kotor-npc-overhaul-mod/

7) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?

installing restoration mod and somehow I got this warning:

"The installer is finished but 9 warnings were encountered! The mod may or may not be properly installed. Please check the progress log for further details."

8) Have you tried re-downloading/re-installing the mod?

Yes.

9) Have you tried using a different save game?

Yes.

10) Have you tried starting a new game?

Yes.

11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

Windows 8.1

Hi everyone! Just heard about the restoration mod and decided to install Kotor and just like everyone else I missed the game and wanted to go down the trip of memory lane. 

But anyway, installing restoration mod and somehow I got this warning:

"The installer is finished but 9 warnings were encountered! The mod may or may not be properly installed. Please check the progress log for further details."

What does this mean anyways? I did check the options menu and it seems like impossible difficulty was there but there's nothing signifying everything has been successfully installed. Game works fine too. What should I do? Thanks much.

1. Happen while trying to install game.

2.Yes

3.Steam

4.NA

5. Fresh install no mods ever before

7. During install it said 1 error and 175 files not copied over. I read almost all the files that did not copy over and they said no file found with that name.

8.Yes

9. No I have only tried new games

10.yes

11. Windows 10

Thank you very much for uploading this!

I ran into a bug though. The first time I installed this I ran into the missing Ceeiia bug. Now I reinstalled the complete game installed 1.2, did load an auto save and redid the tournament but now I am stuck at the end of it. I did beat the droid but the quest doesn't seem to advance and the cut scene is bugged. Everyone is lining up but I didn't beat the champ. Unfortunately, there is no way to advance the quest.

Thanks in advance for any help on the matter!

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?
4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (4-CD version ONLY)
5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the K1R's read-me file?
6) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)
11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)
12) IF USING THE GOG OR 4CD VERSION: Can you confirm that you see the K1R Launcher when you launch the game?

1) After the pazaak turnament

2) yes

3) GOG

4) not neccessary

5) fresh install, twice

6) none/few textures

7) I hope the error is specific enough, if not, I would be happy to provide more information

8) yes, twice (see 5)

9) I tried loading a slightly older save, same result

10) no, but it was a fresh 1.2 game

11) win7 pro

12) no. what launcher?

Thank you very much for uploading this!

I ran into a bug though. The first time I installed this I ran into the missing Ceeiia bug. Now I reinstalled the complete game installed 1.2, did load an auto save and redid the tournament but now I am stuck at the end of it. I did beat the droid but the quest doesn't seem to advance and the cut scene is bugged. Everyone is lining up but I didn't beat the champ. Unfortunately, there is no way to advance the quest.

Thanks in advance for any help on the matter!

1) After the pazaak turnament

2) yes

3) GOG

4) not neccessary

5) fresh install, twice

6) none/few textures

7) I hope the error is specific enough, if not, I would be happy to provide more information

8) yes, twice (see 5)

9) I tried loading a slightly older save, same result

10) no, but it was a fresh 1.2 game

11) win7 pro

12) no. what launcher?

Currently, the only way to progress past that is to repair the droid. Until they fix that bug and release a new version, that is.

Hello, I know this is rather late, but I'm having a problem installing the mod in the first place. I have read the README file and coming straight from it;

"»»»» TSL PATCHER INSTALLATION
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1) Double click K1R_1.2_Installer.exe found in the main directory of the unpacked folder.
2) Click the button labeled Install Mod.
3) Click yes to the box that'll pop up... if you wish to proceed with installation.
4) Watch as all the little file names and progress reports scroll by and wait until the installer is complete."

The "​K1R_1.2_Installer.exe" simply isn't there. I have copied over the "dialog.TLK" file as my game is in English, but I cant install the actual mod due to this. after opening the unpacked file, there is only the "source" and "tslpatchdata" folders; neither containing the installer.exe, and the "dialog.TLK", "k1rfaq" and "README" files. the readme does state there is a secondary installer, however I cant seem to find that anywhere.

​any help would be very much appreciated.

​A) yes, just downloaded it yesterday
5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the K1R's read-me file?
6) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

​A) yes. three times in fact

​ A) windows 10
12) IF USING THE GOG OR 4CD VERSION: Can you confirm that you see the K1R Launcher when you launch the game?

Brawl: Did you unpack the archive or just open it up in a viewer? This is the first time the installer itself isn't in there, so I'm wondering if the archive was extracted. Also, have you tried re-downloading the mod?

The secondary installer never got made as enough issues cropped up for 1.2 that I'll be waiting for the 1.3 version.

Oh, Fair Strides, just played through Kashyyyk and Jolee worked flawlessly! Just thought you'd be happy to know. I'll have a full list of minor bugs once I'm finished my playthrough and will properly fill out the form.

So, no matter what I do, I keep getting the same Jolee bug I and a couple others mentioned before, and given the post above, it seems to be entirely random? Huh

Anyways, I therefore have an uncompletable game. Is there a certain file or something I can remove from the override folder? I attempted temporarily renaming it, but all that happens is the game crashes when I attempt to go down to the Shadowlands