Fair Strides

K1R 1.2 Impressions and Bug-Reports [READ ME FIRST]

Now that the 1.2 version of K1R is officially released, this will become the new bug report thread.

Please post any bugs you find, and where possible, try to differentiate between vanilla bugs and bugs caused by K1R please.

The format for the bug reports will be like so:

FOR K1R

1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur?
2) Did you install the latest version of the mod? (1.2)
3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?
4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (4-CD version ONLY)
5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the K1R's read-me file?
6) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)
7) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?
8) Have you tried re-downloading/re-installing the mod?
9) Have you tried using a different save game?
10) Have you tried starting a new game?
11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)
12) IF USING THE GOG OR 4CD VERSION: Can you confirm that you see the K1R Launcher when you launch the game?

FOR ANY MODS OTHER THAN K1R!

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod?
3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?
4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (4-CD version ONLY)
5) Did you use the TSLPatcher, if provided?
6) Were there any errors in the TSLPatcher installation?
7) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)
8) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?
9) Have you tried re-downloading the mod?
10) Have you tried using a different save game?
11) Have you tried starting a new game?
12) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

• Like 1

Just a small bug. One of the lines of dialogue from the Black Vulkar in the control room doesn't match the subtitles. I don't remember which line, but I think it comes up if you ask him about the Swoop Accelerator.

EDIT: Also, the Inside the Vulkar Base quest update reads, "[Trask Battlecry 2]" after talking to one of the mechanics about the heating system.

EDIT 2: The map for the sublevel has some dialogue response options listed as map notations.

EDIT 3: After returning with all the promised land journals, I have to go through the "I found your apprentice" conversation all over again. It's like he forgot that I already found her and know the whole story.

To answer the format questions:

Stated above.

Yes.

GOG

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the K1R's read-me file?

Fresh

6) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

Stated above.

No.

No.

No.

11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

Windows 7 Enterprise

12) IF USING THE GOG OR 4CD VERSION: Can you confirm that you see the K1R Launcher when you launch the game?

No launcher is even available in the game's folder, but the files in the "launcher" folder are K1R files. When I run the game, it just goes straight into the game.

1) immediately after clicking the icon to load the game.
2) latest version 1.2
3) 4CD
4) Yes.
5) fresh install.
6) none.
7) I have no clue what the error is. An error box appears, but the text is all squares and random letters.
8) Multiple times.
9) I cannot even access the main menu.
10) same as 9)
11) Windows 10
12) I can see the launcher just fine.

UABFmGA.png

Okay, so I had a nice, long, full bug report all typed out and then I accidentally clicked out of this page and lost it all.

So I'll be back with that later, since you probably need it. Suffice to say, I've found a game-breaking bug in the pazaak tournament. After I defeat CS-82 and talk to the announcer, he says, "We have an update in the standings! Ethan has defeated k1r_cs82 leaving 0 of last year's top 5 in the tournament!" Everyone lines up like they should at the end of the tournament. However, when I try to talk to Skirata, it says I'm not ready to face him yet. I can't talk to the announcer, and everyone I can talk to acts like it's the middle of the tourney.

I've got a lot of mods installed, but all of them SHOULD be fully K1R compatible...(90% are listed on DS as such, and the few others modify very small things that K1R doesn't touch). I'll be back with that list later, but for now, I'll just give you some basics. Yes, I did a fresh install of K1R 1.2 over a fresh install of KotOR on my PC. I have the Steam version and I use Windows 10 pro.

1) immediately after clicking the icon to load the game.

2) latest version 1.2

3) 4CD

4) Yes.

5) fresh install.

6) none.

7) I have no clue what the error is. An error box appears, but the text is all squares and random letters.

8) Multiple times.

9) I cannot even access the main menu.

10) same as 9)

11) Windows 10

12) I can see the launcher just fine.

UABFmGA.png

I had this on a friend's computer with no mods installed, so this could easily just be a computer/hardware issue. Have you tried it with no mods installed and using the 1.03 patch?

Okay, so I had a nice, long, full bug report all typed out and then I accidentally clicked out of this page and lost it all.

So I'll be back with that later, since you probably need it. Suffice to say, I've found a game-breaking bug in the pazaak tournament. After I defeat CS-82 and talk to the announcer, he says, "We have an update in the standings! Ethan has defeated k1r_cs82 leaving 0 of last year's top 5 in the tournament!" Everyone lines up like they should at the end of the tournament. However, when I try to talk to Skirata, it says I'm not ready to face him yet. I can't talk to the announcer, and everyone I can talk to acts like it's the middle of the tourney.

I've got a lot of mods installed, but all of them SHOULD be fully K1R compatible...(90% are listed on DS as such, and the few others modify very small things that K1R doesn't touch). I'll be back with that list later, but for now, I'll just give you some basics. Yes, I did a fresh install of K1R 1.2 over a fresh install of KotOR on my PC. I have the Steam version and I use Windows 10 pro.

Interesting... Could you perhaps provide a save just before facing Ceeiia?

Unfortunately not right now. My previous save was at the beginning of the tourney, and while I'm working to get back to Ceeiia, it's slow going. XD

I do have a save right after I beat CS-82 though. You can have that while I work on procuring the other.000005 - Game4.7z

Here's the one right before facing Ceeiia.

000006 - Game5.7z

EDIT: After playing through the pazaak tournament twice more, it appears that the glitch only happens if you actually play the pazaak game with CS-82. If you repair or reprogram him, the tournament progresses normally. However, if you are forced to play him due to low skills or failed checks, you can't progress.

Well, this one is interesting

Before the swoop race (Beks side)

Yes

Steam

N/A

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the K1R's read-me file?

Fresh

6) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

Weapon model overhaul: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=213484

Weapon model overhaul rework: http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/369-weapon-model-overhaul-texture-rework/

High quality blasters: http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/861-high-quality-blasters/ (installed AFTER overhaul as stated to be needed)

High quality starfields and nebula: http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/491-kotor-high-quality-starfields-and-nebulas/

High quality skyboxes: http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/723-high-quality-skyboxes/

Vanilla masks overhaul: http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/867-vanilla-masks-overhaul/

Qui-Don Jorn's saber hilts: http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/449-qui-don-jorns-sabers-40-kotor-conversion/

Yuthura Sith eyes: http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/550-yuthura-sith-eyes-with-light-side-transition/

Malak reskin: http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/327-malak-path-of-corruption/

I should also probably mention that, along with K1R default, I also installed the Vulkar Base sublevel and Iriaz on Dantooine

My character runs off to get ready to race when the call from Zaerdra comes in. After, the screen fades the black and does not go to the game. I can access the menu and everything

Not yet

Yes, one from just before getting the accelerator. Nothing changed

Not yet

N/A

UPDATE: So I did it for the Vulkars and it worked. But unfortunately, this means I can't do it for the Beks

Also, I lured some Kath Hounds to the Enclave on Dantooine and this happened lol. Just found it funny that he did nothing and they attacked him but no one else

dDuK7y.jpg

Oh damn, Carth got out of bounds!

myxHv0.jpg

I had critical issues with the Duan/Viglo restoration when I did install K1R (on a fresh install but using old saves from a former playthrough). I did some ulterior testing and they are all still there. Unfortunately most of the scripts pertaining this particular restoration cannot be DeNCS'd and I could not investigate much myself.

When talking to Viglo and when talking to Duan

Yes (the same happened with version 1.1)

KotOR Collection

N/A

Fresh

None (for testing purpose)

I started a new game (Male Soldier), warped myself to Manaan and entered the man26aa area to talk to Viglo. When I do it the first time, it just triggers the dialogue with Duan, showing the animation of her falling to the ground as she speaks the introductory line. When I make Duan drop down drunk and I have to choose between rummaging through her belongings or demand she answers more questions, she will immediately get up again then fall down again, making for a quite weird animation. She will after some time get up and it won't be possible to interact with her any longer. I do believe she should be left on the ground and just answer her "Let me sleep line" without even getting up again...

Yes. No difference.

Yes.

Windows XP

N/A

Hello!

1) Problem occurred while unzipping the files

2) 1.2 version

3) Downloaded from Steam

4) Not applicable

5) Fresh Installation

6) No other mods installed

7) Mid-way through unzipping the files, using The Unarchiver, received an error stating that several of the zipped contents were corrupted.

8) Have tried unzipping the contents several times on different decompressors, and the error message still shows up. Even tried installing the mod anyway via CrossOver, despite the "corrupted files", but the game client crashes almost immediately upon running it.

9) Not applicable

10) MAC OS X El Capitan (10.11.5)

11) Not applicable

I am attempting to download this mod via MAC; however, whenever I try to unzip the folder (I use The Unarchiver) I get an error message half-way through notifying me that several of the contents are corrupted. I tried using other decompressors, but still got the same error message. I haven't seen this issue pop up anywhere else, so I'd like to know if anyone could help me solve this problem. I would really love to use this mod!

Thanks!

• Like 1

@Salk: I will definitely be investigating that when I have the time.

@NotYourTypicalNurse: Have you tried re-downloading the installer? Generally if something is marked "corrupt" it won't matter what decompress you use, since the download most likely got interrupted or cut off.

My apologies for the double post, but given it's been a while....

Vulkar Base, primarily trying to access garage

Yes

Steam

N/A

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the K1R's read-me file?

Fresh

6) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

Weapon model overhaul: http://www.lucasforu...ad.php?t=213484

Weapon model overhaul rework: http://deadlystream....texture-rework/

High quality blasters: http://deadlystream....ality-blasters/ (installed AFTER overhaul as stated to be needed)

High quality starfields and nebula: http://deadlystream....ds-and-nebulas/

High quality skyboxes: http://deadlystream....ality-skyboxes/

Vanilla masks overhaul: http://deadlystream....masks-overhaul/

Qui-Don Jorn's saber hilts: http://deadlystream....tor-conversion/

Yuthura Sith eyes: http://deadlystream....ide-transition/

Malak reskin: http://deadlystream....-of-corruption/

I also installed the Vulkar Base sublevel and Iriaz on Dantooine, though only the former is relevant here

I seem to be having some general troubles with Vulkar Base restoration; for one, several restored NPCs' dialogue will not show up in subtitles, nor my responses. But here's the real problem. The console by the garage entrance gives the "ERROR: CONTACT DEVELOPER" thing, and even with the mechanic access card and having installed the power cell, there's no way to unlock the door

(Side note: stealing the old man's card moves you "much closer" to the dark side according to the feedback log, while putting in the power cell only moves you closer normally. That's a bit unbalanced, isn't it?)

Not yet

Yes, from before accessing the second level. No difference

Not yet

(Side note: To clear up confusion on why I keep mentioning 7 and 10, I have two computers. My 7 is a desktop and 10 a laptop)

N/A

:( I will need to look into that when I find the time. Shouldn't be impossible to replicate, but can you outline what you did since the start of the base step-by-step?

:( I will need to look into that when I find the time. Shouldn't be impossible to replicate, but can you outline what you did since the start of the base step-by-step?

No prob. It was 6:30 AM when I was playing, and I'd been awake for 28 hours, so I was rather tired, but the general outline;

1. Enter Vulkar Base from sewers

2. Go around and clear the area a bit

3. Notice I'm low on HP, so goes to sewers to warp to apartment for insta heal, returns and reenters

4. Clears up some more before doing the same to upgrade my weapons (Side note: the bartender's mouth still doesn't move)

5. Check the console, get error message, then get the elevator code from the coward, goes down to the extremely glitchy area with rarely appearing subtitles/responses

6. Get the power cell and spice. Insert power cell, give spice to the addict and get his card

7. Try to access garage, get conversation node error and locked door

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I suspect step 6, going a bit out of order there, MIGHT have had something to do with it. Still no idea. I plan to try this again this weekend with only K1R installed and no other mods to see if the same thing occurs 

I also installed the Vulkar Base sublevel and Iriaz on Dantooine, though only the former is relevant here.

Odds are, the highlighted mod is your problem one. I'm assuming this is the mod you're referring to?

Odds are, the highlighted mod is your problem one. I'm assuming this is the mod you're referring to?

Actually he's probably referring to the Vulkar Base Sublevel option in the K1R TSL Patcher installer. Meant to be done After K1R Main has been installed.

Actually he's probably referring to the Vulkar Base Sublevel option in the K1R TSL Patcher installer. Meant to be done After K1R Main has been installed.

Exactly. I meant Iriaz and Vulkar Base from K1R installer (yes, they were indeed installed after K1R main and before any other mods)

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I've found a truly game breaking bug now

Same information as above, so I won't waste your time reposting that

I warped to get the accelerator, same glitch as before, so I had to side with the Vulkars, etc. But here's the real kicker

So I go to Kashyyyk. Jolee kills the Katarns and then the next fight with the Kinrath begins. Then afterwards, he never goes to his hut. In fact, if you try to interact with him, the camera moves to where he fought the Katarns and the game soft locks

One could warp to get to the other area of the Shadowlands, but I believe in the Unknown Temple, this makes the game uncompletable because Jolee is needed for the script to continue once you get to Bastilla there

To be honest. the "restoration" of the Kinrath fight really feels unnecessary. Getting rid of it, or at least relegating it to an optional install, would certainly prevent this sort of thing

EDIT: Just tried from an earlier save. This time, the Kinrath didn't even spawn! Jolee again stood still with the same results. Tried again and, oddly, that seems to be the only result I'm getting now. Very, very strange. I'll try on my Win 7 computer this weekend

I found a similar thing. After the fight, Jolee didn't go to his hut, but I could still talk to him and get him to join me.

...I am really starting to hate Jolee, which sucks since I like the old geezer. :(

I will eventually work on this and maybe re-do it yet again. If this happens, I know just the two people to call and say, "Test this!"