K1R Compatible: No

======================================================
A KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC MODIFICATION
======================================================

AUTHOR: Darth Shan
EMAIL: schenkhaupt@yahoo.com
NAME: K1 Bastila Romance Glitch Fix

SPECIAL CREDITS:
1) Master Kavar for letting me include his Bastila dialogue from "Bastila and Female PC Untold Love Story"
2) Shem for letting me include his "Helena Bastila's Mother Clothing Fix"
3) The "Brotherhood of Shadow" mod for pointing me to the bug which causes the Helena Shan subquest to break

FILENAME: basty_fix_final.rar
FILE SIZE: 206 kB
DATE RELEASED: 01/24/2008 - final revision 31/05/2016

DESCRIPTION:

BASTILA GLITCH FIX PROPER
This mini-mod fixes a long-known glitch in Kotor 1 which results in obliterating the romance with Bastila Shan. I updated some files and checked the scripts for version 2. This is supposed to be the final version of this simple glitch fix.

HELENA SHAN HOTFIX
This mod also fixes a major bug which has been introduced by another mod, the "Quest for TK102's Birthday Party". This mod MAY cause Helena Shan, Bastila's mother to never appear in the whole game. If you encounter problems, just use the "Helena Shan Hotfix". Now go to the Tatooine Cantina and talk to the barkeeper. He'll tell you, Helena was a regular customer - and spawn her for you to talk to.
[Alternatively, there is a more elegant solution: Download and install the excellent mod "Brotherhood of Shadows" AND the Patch 1.06 (essential) on top of TK102-Quest. Then use the files from the Resource folder of this mod.]

INSTALLATION:
There are three folders here.

1) Drag and drop the files from the OVERRIDE folder into your game directory's Override folder. This is the glitch fix. Now, you're basically done.

2) If you encounter problems meeting Helan Shan in the Cantina on Tatooine, after the quest has triggered with Bastila and Malare, you may use the "Helena Shan Hotfix". Now you are able to talk to Junix, the barkeeper, to have Helena Shan meet you ASAP.

3) The Resources. This contains resources for modders as well as files to ensure compatibility with other mods.
a) Master Kavar's "Female Revan Untold Love Story". If you have this mod, use the file for your own Override folder. If you use it you will encounter some issues. There are omissions from the original dialogue with Bastila, and all animations and camera angles have been completely deleted. This is due to a bug with an earlier version of the dialogue editor.
B) "The Brotherhood of Shadow" and "Quest for TK102's Birthday". If you have both mods, use the files from this folder. If you've got only the Brotherhood, use none. If you've got only TK102's Birthday party, then - I think - you may still use these files (the "contact" from the Brotherhood mod just won't appear, and that's it). But the latter has not been tested.
c) Unaltered files from the game to investigate how the romance has been made up by Bioware.
d) Documentation of the glitch fix serving as a small introduction to scripting as well.

Enjoy.

BUGS: None encountered, yet. The common strategy for players to avoid the glitch has been not to talk to Bastila again after kissing her. This has, of course, the same effect as removing the script attached to the dialogue - i.e. it does not change anything compared to the strategy of not talking to Basty. If there are issues, just mail me.

Changelog
- archive folder structure cleaned up
- proper implementation of the Helena-Shan-Hotfix
- Helena Shan dialogue option for Junix in the Tatooine Cantina only if Malare has talked to you
- Helena now spawns in the correct position
- Helena may not be spawned in multiple instances
- fix for the "Quest for tk102's birthday", interfering with the Helena Shan sidequest

GENERAL CREDITS:
1. JdNoA for DeNCS.
2. Fred Tetra, the Great Extractor.
3. t102 for the superb dialogue editor.
4. Bioware for creating Bastila Shan, Jedi empress.

PERMISSIONS: You may use the glitch fix ("k_hbas_dialog.dlg" from the folder "OVERRIDE") in any way you wish.
YOU MAY NOT USE NEITHER THE OTHER FILES NOR THE FILES FROM "RESOURCE>Override" (any two of them). If you want to use "g_malare" and/or "helena.utc" you have to ask Shem for permission. If you want the file from the folder "Override (Master Kavar)" you have to ask Master Kavar for permission.

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

Updates will only come, when I am able to provide savegames (I am stuck after the Citadel, because I have not had time to go through the game twice.)

Click here to download this file

A spoiler filled review, from the original FileFront posting

*Warning: There are spoilers in this review!*

We got another update to add to our growing collection of mods. The neat thing about the first Knights of the Old Republic game is the romance options you can have with your male or female PC. If you’re a female, you can have a romantic relationship with Carth Onasi. If you’re male, you can have a romantic relationship with Bastila Shan. However since this is a big game being it’s a role playing game, bugs do happen and that is when it’s cool to have modders who are willing to fix those nasty bugs.

Darth Shan is back with this update to his Bastila Romance Fix. What this does also is help with compatibility issues with other mods out there like Brotherhood of Shadow. One of the quests you have to do if you want to romance Bastila is meeting Bastia’s mother, Helena; and get her father’s holocron back. There has been issues with that side quest with some of the mods out there and the author learned from those and applied the knowledge to this mod so we can enjoy the benefits of it.

One of the fixes this mod is famous for is when Darth Revan falls in love with Bastila. If you talk to Bastila what happened between them after Revan has a kiss with her, it breaks the romance and Bastila will not pledge to be Revan's lover on top of the Rakatan Temple.

All the information you need to know and what to install based on what mods you already have is in the readme file. Just read what they do and find out what extra files you need to install to make everything work properly. Enjoy the update!

Note: Please leave the author feedback, especially if you download this mod and use it. It really helps encourage the author to make more mods in the future.

-Shem