Sign in to follow this  
HeinzBraun

[K1] Changing appearance

Hello :welcome: ,

i would like to change the appearances of some models. For example:

-The republic survivor in the slums. -> i would like to change his appearance to a republic soldier.

-Or one of Canderous' former Mandalorian companions, who talks to him on Manaan in one of the bars(sorry for no pic) -> i would like to change his appearance to a blue Mandaloran.

I hope that someone can give me an easy instruction on how to modify these files.

(excuse my bad English.)

The republic survivor in the slums. -> i would like to change his appearence to a republic soldier.

Which one? Odis, the former Republic pilot? The only other one I can see is simply labelled as "Veteran{Man}.

Or one of canderous' former mandalorian companions, who talks to him on manaan in one of the bars(sorry for no pic) -> i would like to change his appearence to a blue mandaloran.

You'll have to be more specific. Need a module name (Ahto East, West, etc.) and preferably an NPC name.

Which one? Odis, the former Republic pilot? The only other one I can see is simply labelled as "Veteran{Man}.

You'll have to be more specific. Need a module name (Ahto East, West, etc.) and preferably an NPC name.

I believe he was talking about the infected republic soldier in the undercity 

And the Mandalorian mercenary is as follows: 

.UTC - man26_manmerc

.MOD -  manm26aa

• Like 2

.UTC - man26_manmerc

.MOD -  manm26aa

You are right.

Ah, I thought it was someone in the refugee slums on Nar Shaddaa in TSL. Both being in K1 makes life a lot easier. It's just a simple override.

Open KOTOR Tool. The infected soldier should be:

Kotor I -> RIMs -> Modules -> tar_m04aa_s.rim - Undercity (Taris) -> Blueprint, Character -> tar04_republicso.utc

Double click the UTC to open it in the Creature Editor. Then simply change the appearance drop-down to one of the Republic soldier or officer appearance entries, like so:

K1_Taris_Undecity_Repub_Soldier_TH.jpg

Click the Save button to save the UTC somewhere. Then put it in your K1 Override folder.

.UTC - man26_manmerc

.MOD -  manm26aa

Using djh269's directions, again in KOTOR Tool go to:

Kotor I -> RIMs -> Modules -> manm26aa_s.rim - Ahto West (Manaan) -> Blueprint, Character -> man26_manmerc.utc

As before, double click the UTC to open the Creature Editor and change the appearance drop-down as desired. Click save and put the UTC in your Override folder.

TWO THINGS TO NOTE:

Firstly, this will not work if you already have a save anywhere in the area containing the NPC. The appearance.2da reference is permanently stored in your save at that point, so a simple UTC override won't have any effect. You'll have to load a save prior to entering the area for the first time.

Secondly, doing the same thing for TSL is more difficult, as Obsidian was extremely lazy and did not give their UTCs unique names. Thus, you have to make use of MOD files. If you are using TSLRCM, as is almost certainly the case, you have to inject your modified UTC into their pre-existing MOD. That's a story for another day.

• Like 2

TWO THINGS TO NOTE:

Firstly, this will not work if you already have a save anywhere in the area containing the NPC. The appearance.2da reference is permanently stored in your save at that point, so a simple UTC override won't have any effect. You'll have to load a save prior to entering the area for the first time.

Secondly, doing the same thing for TSL is more difficult, as Obsidian was extremely lazy and did not give their UTCs unique names. Thus, you have to make use of MOD files. If you are using TSLRCM, as is almost certainly the case, you have to inject your modified UTC into their pre-existing MOD. That's a story for another day.

Oh man I'm glad you mention that. I was about to do something similar in my TSL game to what HeinzBraun is doing for his K1 game. You probably saved me a bunch of confusion, distress, self loathing, crying, hair pulling, head banging anger, self "this can't be happening" denial and god knows what else I would of went through before finally figuring that out.

Thanks for mentioning that, DP. :cheers: