Sign in to follow this  
Thrak Farelle

MOD:KotOR Droid Feat Gain Fix

KotOR Droid Feat Gain Fix

The separate Droid Feat Gain Fix originally found in my Skills Rebalancing mod, meant to put this up separately for a while as surprisingly it doesn't seem to have
been done as a separate mod already, finally got round to it.

The feats of the 2 droid classes were the wrong way round in vanilla, with combat
droids gaining less than expert droids, rather than more as was supposed to happen, this is now fixed.

Please note, this is definitely a fix, I know the original way round wasn't intended because
in the files, the droids were using each other's feat tables, which was the cause
of the Expert droid incorrectly gaining the number of feats the Combat droid was
supposed to have, and vice versa.

P.S. Not really sure how to upload a screenshot for this mod, as things like droids gaining feats happens in the base game.......

I'm sorry, but your reasoning in making this mod ignores some possibilities. Given what the word "Expert" means, how can you be sure the mistake wasn't the feat progressions being assigned to the wrong tables? And that droid classes seeming use of each others' feat tables wasn't a quick fix to make things work as intended?

T3-M4 has far less feats to choose from than HK-47, HK's supposed to be like the Soldier class, high feats, low skills, while T3 is the opposite, personally I think that's made quite clear in the game, though everyone will interpret things differently.  It's also an issue that I have seen posts about for some time on KotOR communities online as a whole.  Besides, if you don't like the change, don't download it, but personally I find your post more along the lines of complaining about my mod being made rather than constructive criticism to improve it.  My original post before editing was overly harsh, but respectfully, I don't think I'm the only one that needs to edit in the interest of politeness with how personally I find your post to come across.  Constructive criticism is more than welcome, but to me, yours does not come across in a constructive way.

• Like 1

-SNIP-

That seemed a bit.. harsh. I get that you feel your mod is appropriate and fixes a problem on the original designer/s part, but a simple "no, I considered that possibility" would likely have sufficed.

To be perfectly honest, I found the other user quite harsh from my position, but everyone has their own opinion.  I will say after going over both posts again and realizing how tired, hot and agitated I was at the time, I admit I went overboard in my post, and will be editing it accordingly, but I still stand by how I found the other user's post.

I've now edited the original post to be hopefully more polite and restrained while still standing by how I found the other user's post from my posision.

I agree with the logic of it only making sense that HK-47 has a lot more feats and T3-M4 having very few. For starters HK is the typical Soldier class, both in stats and in story. T3-M4 is obviously more of the Scoundrel class, as not only his stats and functions in the story indicate, but the fact that he can't even wield anything other than a pistol. The rest of the playable characters in the game seem to have stat progression typical to their class, with no unique outliers, save for HK and T3. Going by that logic, it makes zero sense that a character belonging to the Soldier class gets so few feats when that is supposed to be one of their strengths, whilst one belonging to the Scoundrel class gets a ton of feats when that is supposed to be one of their weaknesses. I believe TSLRCM also makes this same change to both characters, further strengthening the fact that HK's and T3's feat progression was intended to be the opposite of what it currently is.

• Like 1

I agree with the modder and will download this next play through. I think it will add quite abit to the droids of kotor, not to mention, pair this with a few blaster mods, like Revanator's Saul Karath Mod and put on that K1 difficulty Option 1.0 to add a level of insanity to the game. Yeah, this would definitely enhance kotor and make bringing along droid companions more viable and fun!

Thanks Thrack Farelle!