Salk

[KotOR] Dantooine - Casus' body

Hello!

I noticed something curious in my game and I was wondering if that happens to others as well and, possibly, if there might be some way to fix this minor issue.

Once you are given the mission of solving the Sandral-Matale feud, I believe the game spawns the corpse of Casus in the Matale Ground area.

If you find it, you will notice how the game identifies it as "Dead Settler" and you can find his possession to return to the father.

What is weird is that if you go speak with his father before you pick Casus' datapad and then check back where the body was, there will just be a generic Remains, with the backpack instead of the corpse.

Now, I have been wondering why that happens and whether or not it'd be possible to make Casus' body there permanent, rather than swapping it with the backpack.

The reason is that, irl, it simply interferes with the quest. If you go to the Matale Estate on orders from the Jedi, you just talk normally to Nurik and then Rahasia, followed by the raid on the Matale estate. And of course, if you have the datapad, the only difference is you get the bonus of either some credits, LS points, or DS points

Only problem is if you did both in that order, some variables might be screwed up, making the quest not play out properly

It sounds easy enough to make a mod for, but it would be a bit awkward to just walk in twice after Nurik's "Go away and leave me alone"

It sounds easy enough to make a mod for, but it would be a bit awkward to just walk in twice after Nurik's "Go away and leave me alone"

But the game does not stop the quest after Nurik dismisses you.

You can still finish the quest and ask for an audience speaking to the droid outside the estate.

Even if he told you to leave, it is still very sensible to think you would want to make contact anyway (at least that is what happens in my own modded game). I do not see any inconsistencies in returning there.

A mod on KotOR Files called the Xbox Transformation Pack restored the original appearance of Casus' corpse that was present in the Xbox version of the game.

The download does not work.

Anyway I read the read me and it does not mention the restoration of the original appearance of Cassus' body. But even if it did do that, what I need is for the body to stay.

I just posted the original info page about the mod. If you want to download it, you can do so here.

The file is dan14aa_casus.utp

Okay, thanks! ;)

EDIT:

That file has nothing to do with the dead body of Casus. The file I am talking about is dan14aa_casus.utp ... After starting the Shen-Rahasia quest by visiting the Sandrals Estate, the body is replaced with a backpack. I am trying to figure out if I can stop it from happening...

Well, after investigating I found out what happens.

When you talk to Nurik at his place, two scripts (k_pdan_nurik03.ncs and k_pdan_nurik04.ncs) in the dan16_nurkik.dlg file contain the following:

SetGlobalBoolean("DAN_SAND_REFUSE", 1);

The script  k_pdan_14b_area.ncs  which triggers when the danm14ab_s.rim module is loaded (where the body of Casus is found) contains the following:

if ((GetGlobalBoolean("DAN_SAND_REFUSE") && GetIsObjectValid(GetObjectByTag("dan14aa_casus", 0)))) {
DestroyObject(GetObjectByTag("dan14aa_casus", 0), 0.0, 0, 0.0);
}

which causes the problem of the body being destroyed, leaving the Remains in its place.

Problem is, I do not know how to remove that from the original script and recompile it correctly because DeNCS reports that

Decompiling...k_pdan_14b_area.ncs: partial-byte code does not match

If someone has any idea how to proceed, it would be nice to know.

Yes, I have done that.

The only small worry is that the recompiled code is not identical but I believe it is nothing that can affect the end result.

I tested it and it seems to be working fine.

The Dead Settler quest is a mess though and there is quite some material to restore by keeping the droid outside the estate at its original place unlocking the Sandrals front door (I also improved on the dan14_cutscene.dlg as detailed here).

I am working to make it possible to finish it even if the player completes the Rahasia and Shen Romance quest first.

• Like 2

@Salk

Were you able to finish the mod to allow completion of dead settler quest after the completion of Rahasia and Shen romance quest? I came across Cassus's body before I did the quest, but I didn't inform his father before completing the Rahasia and Shen romance quest. Just need to get that front door open.

Just to answer @AlucardPendragon's question: yes, I have fixed this before K1CP came with its own fix. Locally I made several more changes though to make sure the Matale-Sandral quests run as smoothly as possible. A few tweaks were necessary.