These two games have some good character development and it got me thinking. What is everyone's favorite Sith Character, Revan, Malak, Sion, Bandon, Nihilus, and Treya. I'd say Revan is my favorite, but he isn't a with lord after that, so Nihilus.

Revan, without hesitation.
Malak is a tad too cliché for me (though he is great, don't get me wrong), Sion inspires me more pity than admiration, Bandon is just some guy my char killed without breaking a sweat, Nihilus ... I don't understand why people like him - I just find him empty (his character is intended so, that's logical but ... well, it's just a hungering bottomless pit hidden behind a mask ...), Treya is truer a sith lord than all of the others listed imo but ... I still go for Revan as my fav.

Nihilus ... I don't understand why people like him

It's more the mythology behind him. In the game, I don't think he's represented all that well.

The idea that he's driven by this insatiable hunger lends credence to the notion that he's unstoppable.

And his mask is cool

• Like 2

Revan, without hesitation.

Malak is a tad too cliché for me (though he is great, don't get me wrong), Sion inspires me more pity than admiration, Bandon is just some guy my char killed without breaking a sweat, Nihilus ... I don't understand why people like him - I just find him empty (his character is intended so, that's logical but ... well, it's just a hungering bottomless pit hidden behind a mask ...), Treya is truer a sith lord than all of the others listed imo but ... I still go for Revan as my fav.

Well technically, Revan isn't really much of a sith in the games :/ My fav sith lord is definitely Darth Traya, she was probably the most developed sith lord in the games and was certainly one of the smartest.

Her ideals and goals were much more unique than most sith I could think off which made her a great character

Well technically, Revan isn't really much of a sith in the games :/ My fav sith lord is definitely Darth Traya, she was probably the most developed sith lord in the games and was certainly one of the smartest.

Her ideals and goals were much more unique than most sith I could think off which made her a great character

Yeah that's why I didn't count Revan, even though he's my favorite

Unpopular opinion, but

I find Malak incredibly uninteresting and quite frankly annoying at times. I think he's a flat, generic "muahaha look at how evil I am!" cartoon villain

Traya/Kreia on the other hand.... by far one of the best written fictional characters in history. She made Kotor 2 for me

• Like 1

Traya, of course.

Pretty sure HK is a closet Sith Lord as well. :whistle:

Darth Sion. The guy is living in constant pain, both physical and mental. Seriously, think about that. The willpower it must take to get along with that body of his. Makes me wonder if it's possible to cut off his limbs, considering all that he's gone through and what he's capable of. That demonic scottish accent is something, I tell ya 'hwut

I heard a rumor that, at one point of the game's development, the mask of Darth Nihilus was supposed to be Revan's Skull. If that were true, that would automatically make him my favorite. He's still third place though. Kreia's my second favorite.

Malak was just a butcher. He didn't really have anything interesting going on about him in the game itself. He has an interesting backstory, but none of that is actually revealed in the game (specific involvement in the Mandalorian Wars, love interest, etc).

Revan... I'm pretty certain that TOR ruined my perception of Revan. TSL left open so many badass interpretations for Revan that could have been left for fans to ponder. Whatever answers we got from TOR left me dissatisfied. I'm not ever sure as to why. I'm sure plenty of people disagree with me here.

Malgus looks cool. That's about all I can say about him. he LOOKS cool.

Darth Bandon exists just to die and give me 3000 credits

I always thought that Kreia would make for an interesting action figure: complete with a soft goods robe, a lightsaber, and a removable arm.

If we're not including Revan, since he's only a Sith in flashbacks in the game (assuming you take the canonical path, and even if you don't, he's the PC) then Malak is my favorite. I loved the guy. On the surface, he seems like a cliche cackling evil guy, but he's really much deeper than that. His motivations always felt very real to me, and I always got the impression that he was tired of living under Revan's wing. He was always "Revan's sidekick". Malak was a brilliant tactician, but Revan is considered by many to be one of the greatest in galactic history (pretty much only him and Thrawn up for the title). He was a great warrior, but Revan was one of the most powerful Force-users in galactic history. I always felt a lot of sympathy for him once you defeat him at the end. It was beautifully written and his last words were very poignant. I also really loved in TOR, when you defeat Revan Reborn in the Imperial flashpoint, he quotes Malak's last words before disappearing in a flash of light ("And in the end, as the darkness takes me, I am...nothing. Now I know how you felt...old friend.")

I also really like Darth Nihilus, and not only because he's friggin awesome. I love his story and the mystery surrounding him. Sion is great too. He has one of the best character designs and is very intimidating, even while remaining vulnerable and relatable. And while I'm personally not a huge fan of Traya, I do recognize her as one of the best fictional characters of all time, and I do respect her.

That's one of the things that made the KotOR games so strong: excellent villains. Even the more minor ones are memorable and fun; Calo Nord, Davik, Tobin, Azkul, Bandon, Brejik, G0-T0, Uthar, Luxa, etc.

I don't get the love for Revan. He isn't even a character, he's just a Mary Sue for the player to feel awesome about when it turns out you are him. The only time he works somewhat is when characters in Kotor 2 speak about him like he's a myth. Though I suppose he's still better than the lazy Vader clone that is Malak or *shudder* Darth Bandon.

Kreia is easily the most multi-layered and interesting Sith Lord in the entirety of the Star Wars franchise. It helps that she doesn't actually identify as a Sith Lord, and her actions can even be read as benevolent. Nihilus and Sion are also great, each acting as foils/mirrors for the exile.

• Like 1