Sign in to follow this  
DarthParametric

Gamefront closing down on April 30

I'm not sure where this rightly belongs, so mods feel free to move it if necessary.

Gamefront is closing down its servers on April 30 - http://www.gamefront.com/gamefront-is-closing-down-april-30-2016/

If you want anything from whatever scraps of KOTOR Files still remain, you've got the next fortnight to archive them.

• Like 1

Mod authors. Get ready for the flood of mods being indescriminatly re-hosted across the internet! Again! :(

Mod authors. Get ready for the flood of mods being indescriminatly re-hosted across the internet! Again! :(

Though we should launch an effort to acquire as many of these mods as possible. We can figure out the logistics for reupload at a later time.

Though we should launch an effort to acquire as many of these mods as possible. We can figure out the logistics for reupload at a later time.

I agree with that. But that won't stop all the mods that are already hosted here from popping up all over the place... again

Alright. 
I've missed my chance at saving JKA JKO mods when Filefront went down.
I wont miss it this time for those, and for kotors. I just hope 3 TB of space is enough ...

Mod authors. Get ready for the flood of mods being indescriminatly re-hosted across the internet! Again!  :(

Honestly, I've kinda given up on the attitude that mods should never be rehosted. 

As long as people make it clear that it is not their own content and that said content can not reasonably be found elsewhere I don't see the problem with people preserving mods by rehosting them when the only place they can be found on goes down.

• Like 4

What about the SWBF 2 mods :( this is the last site where (at least I know of) they are hosted... It'd be nice if they gave someone else a chance to host the site instead of taking it offline :(

Honestly, I've kinda given up on the attitude that mods should never be rehosted. 

As long as people make it clear that it is not their own content and that said content can not reasonably be found elsewhere I don't see the problem with people preserving mods by rehosting them when the only place they can be found on goes down.

It was a stupid rule to begin with- who cares how you get the mod, as long as it's given due credit. 

It was a stupid rule to begin with- who cares how you get the mod, as long as it's given due credit.

I'd care if I were still an active user and someone had rehosted my mods somewhere else.

It's hard to push through updates of your mods when you're not in charge of all places the mod is uploaded.

However if I were not active anymore and the last place the mod was hosted went down, I would not care.

• Like 1

What about the SWBF 2 mods :( this is the last site where (at least I know of) they are hosted... It'd be nice if they gave someone else a chance to host the site instead of taking it offline :(

Is there any change of Deadlystream hosting Battlefront 2 mods?

• Like 1

Those morons. Get Liam Neeson and Samuel L Jackson in here.

Also, queue Vader . . .

• Like 1

I cant see why not, there are a few EAW mods on Deadlysteam... I go on holiday tommorow and am going to download as much as possible in the hope of reserving them, as there are some great SWBF mods on there. hopefully I can get ahold of some of the content creators and ask for permission to put them up on here under other (Ive already got 100+ maps from gamefront)

Huh is this how Atris felt scrambling around Dantooine, trying to save a much as historical information as possible. Or the Jedi when they tried to evacuate Ossus. Man, I can relate now...

• Like 3

I have what I need. Sad to see the site go.  I suppose I'll have to update the Compatibility Page for TSLRCM starting on the 30th now.

Perhaps everyone should say goodbye to the site in the comments section on this page.

Apparently Snigaroo of Reddit will be backing up the mods he's used in his KOTOR1 and KOTOR2 builds. You can read what the KOTOR sub Reddit forum is saying about the news here.

Better get downloading.

Seriously, I am wondering if we should launch an initiative to salvage these mods. Whether that means contacting Gamefront or literally just downloading everything we can.

Obviously, we would divide up the work.

• Like 1

Seriously, I am wondering if we should launch an initiative to salvage these mods. Whether that means contacting Gamefront or literally just downloading everything we can.

Why just us?  Get Reddit and LucasForums involved too. Man your battlestations!

• Like 1

Better get downloading.

Is it possible for them to merge there site with Deadlysteam and you just host the site here in some sub section? (I dont know much about hosting sites so...), thatd mean it is still there for people to use?