WolfBlade13

Handmaiden Appearance

Everyone's a critic.

This is a super low end hack job, mashing together existing assets. There's not much to be done about it, unless someone wants to model an all new head and matching hair.

You're right. As one of the people who pioneered this technique for KOTOR modding, I'm hardly qualified to criticize :P

I would suppose the hairline just needs a little tweaking.

It's possible, with a lot of slicing, dicing, vert tweaking, and UV finagling to combine two separate textures (heads require a single texture if you want DS transitions):

TSL_Handmaiden_Pony_Tail_01_TH.jpg TSL_Handmaiden_Pony_Tail_02_TH.jpg

However, the danglymeshes for the ponytail, bangs, etc. no longer work. MDLOps doesn't compile these properly, so these bits are rigid.

Someone would need to do a better texture for the hair. I just did a half-assed overlay in PS to get it white-ish looking.

This is so AWESOME!! Where can I download this?! 

I saw it and it's still a great work, but I wish DarthParametric would send us a link with the ponytail version even if it missed the animation in the hair. She's so much more gorgeous with those textures.

I've been busy with work stuff, no time or inclination for KOTOR modding lately.

I still have the ponytail head source model, but I don't have a compiled game-ready version at hand presently. I'll cobble together something when I get the chance.

I've been busy with work stuff, no time or inclination for KOTOR modding lately.

I still have the ponytail head source model, but I don't have a compiled game-ready version at hand presently. I'll cobble together something when I get the chance.

I completely understand, no problem! Thank you for your reply, I'll wait impatiently :)

As and when you get the opportunity to work on this again, would you be willing to also do a version of Handmaiden with Atris' bun please?

No pressure or anything - just request for whenever you are able, if you're willing.

I wish DarthParametric would send us a link with the ponytail version

Here you go:

TSL_Handmaiden_Ponytail_03_TH.jpg TSL_Handmaiden_Ponytail_04_TH.jpg

https://www.darthparametric.com/files/kotor/tsl/[TSL]_DP_Handmaiden_Ponytail_BETA.7z

As I said, the texture is just a placeholder. Someone will need to make a proper version. Includes LS/DS hooded clothes, as per the long hair mod. Obviously it's not compatible with that, or other Handmaiden mods.

As and when you get the opportunity to work on this again, would you be willing to also do a version of Handmaiden with Atris' bun please?

I did actually start on it right back when I was first experimenting with various hair options, but never got further than the initial mesh fitting/adjustment. She looked a bit too much like Atris for my tastes, so I dropped it.

TSL_Handmaiden_Atris_Bun_01_TH.jpg

It would need the UVs to be adjusted before it would be ready to use. I'll get around to it at some point. I thought I also tried a mirrored version that flipped the part to the opposite side for a bit of visual differentiation, but I'm not sure what happened to that.

• Like 2

Here you go:

TSL_Handmaiden_Ponytail_03_TH.jpg TSL_Handmaiden_Ponytail_04_TH.jpg

http://dpmods.wheb.org/files/kotor/tsl/%5BTSL%5D_DP_Handmaiden_Ponytail_BETA.7z

As I said, the texture is just a placeholder. Someone will need to make a proper version. Includes LS/DS hooded clothes, as per the long hair mod. Obviously it's not compatible with that, or other Handmaiden mods.

I did actually start on it right back when I was first experimenting with various hair options, but never got further than the initial mesh fitting/adjustment. She looked a bit too much like Atris for my tastes, so I dropped it.

TSL_Handmaiden_Atris_Bun_01_TH.jpg

It would need the UVs to be adjusted before it would be ready to use. I'll get around to it at some point. I thought I also tried a mirrored version that flipped the part to the opposite side for a bit of visual differentiation, but I'm not sure what happened to that.

That looks really good! I love it! Thanks a load!

• Like 1

I think that this Atris bun Handmaiden head would be a very good ponytail version if you replace the Atris bun with a ponytail.

Quite nice, but without the parting and with a slightly thicker and more flowing down ponytail it would be perfect.

TSL_Handmaiden_Atris_Bun_02_TH.jpg TSL_Handmaiden_Atris_Bun_03_TH.jpg

https://www.darthparametric.com/files/kotor/tsl/[TSL]_DP_Handmaiden_Atris_Bun_BETA.7z

As per the other versions, it includes LS/DS hooded clothes with the new head and is not compatible with other Handmaiden mods.

Quite nice, but without the parting and with a slightly thicker and more flowing down ponytail it would be perfect.

I'll leave that for someone else. I think I've about had my fill of Handmaiden hairdressing for the moment.

• Like 1

TSL_Handmaiden_Atris_Bun_02_TH.jpg TSL_Handmaiden_Atris_Bun_03_TH.jpg

http://dpmods.wheb.org/files/kotor/tsl/%5BTSL%5D_DP_Handmaiden_Atris_Bun_BETA.7z

As per the other versions, it includes LS/DS hooded clothes with the new head and is not compatible with other Handmaiden mods.

I'll leave that for someone else. I think I've about had my fill of Handmaiden hairdressing for the moment.

Yay! Thanks a load! Guess we should call you Darth Scissorhands now!

Hey, how do you guys do that? When I changed on my characters to have long hair, the head was floating. How do I fix that on my character so it has a normal connected neck? :D

it's seem the my modified model work great, but i have a problem with additional texture hair aka import from new model as i see in your new Handmaiden mod in head textures they got a 2 faces aka original of Handmaiden and ''Atris Bun'' hair with her face i was trying to do that for my model but that's not worked ;( i assume you know how to fix that<3

Any head that uses Dark Side transitions will have its textures overridden, so you can't use two separate textures and keep DS transitions. You either have to choose to have no DS transitions, or you have to merge your changes into a single texture (and create matching DS textures).

Assuming you have overlapping UVs and you can't simply copy and paste the relevant bit of texture over the top of the original, they quickest and dirtiest approach is to tile the UVs and create a single side-by-side texture from the two different head textures. Like so:

TSL_Handmaiden_Kreia_Hair_UVs_TH.jpg

You may want to watch this:

The UVW Xform Array Helper script is what I use to automate the process - https://mariokart64n.deviantart.com/art/Uvw-Xform-Array-Helper-608086399