Sign in to follow this  
Drayx

Hey there.

I haven't been on forums for a few years - and back then I already sucked at introductions so ... I'll keep it short  :D
The Star Wars universe is something that fascinated me like most people here I think since I was a kid.  Grew up with it, along with other science fiction universes (Doctor Who, Star Trek, Stargate, Battlestar, ... you get the picture) I chose to go for a scientific career (which I officially began this year - I finished my studies). As far as Star Wars goes, I played mostly Galactic Battlegrounds, Dark Forces, Jedi Knight II and III, Battlefront I, II. Recently a friend gave me a humble bundle of star wars games - I am playing on mac so most of them were not compatible but I did get to try Kotor and Kotor II for the first time two months ago. 
You could say, I am a bit late to the party - I heard a lot of things about these, especially when I played JKA since a lot of mods on Filefront were Kotor skins and maps made for JKA. So I always somewhat assumed it was a similar game. Man, was I wrong. I didn't expect an RPG on Star Wars to be that good - in fact I never even considered SW to be a licence for serious RPGs. 
So, since I got my hands on those, I have been playing a lot (more in the past two months than in the past 8 years ...). After finishing Kotor twice, I decided to look around for mods as I heard that Kotor II was rushed into sale and there was a mod to restore it to full glory - but I didn't expect to find a live community - as I said I haven't been keeping in touch with what happened in the gaming community for a few years, but I did hear that Filefront went down for good, so I thought it was pretty much the end of it. 
So here I am, enjoying both KotORs like a kid enjoys his christmas present, very happy to see an active community here, and I'd like to thank the modders for doing such an awesome work here. 
And just because I feel compelled to say so in a Star Wars forum :

Live long and Prosper.

This is touching. Although i have yet to produce a mod. I am happy that this community has such an effect on others,and that they appreciate the work that went into the content ( i sure know i do). Although i'm not an official modder yet, i cans see how difficult it is to mod this game. 

If you find a mod herr that you like, please tell the creator what you liked about it. It will help them to know if they are on the right track of creating things that people enjoy and use in the game.

Never a better time for a shameless self-promotion - I not too recently ago released my first proper mod for the first game. This place is truly amazing whether you're just downloading mods or learning to mod yourself.

Welcome to Deadly Stream!

Welcome to DeadlyStream, Drayx. :)

I personally was raised on Star Wars games, starting with Galactic Battlegrounds, so it's nice to hear there are others of similar influence. BTW, have you played Bounty Hunter? It remains one of my favorites, and is still in my opinion one of the better games that basically no one has heard about.

Anyway, if you need anything or are curious about how to mod anything, feel free to ask either via a PM or on the forums. :)

Thank you for this warm welcome :)

I didn't play Bounty Hunter, pretty much never heard of it in fact. I've played a few games, but mainly I stuck with Galactic Battlegrounds and Jedi Academy.