Silveredge9

Download:Ajunta Pall Unique Appearance

Ajunta Pall Unique Appearance

This is a mod by Silveredge9 which I received permission to reupload due to filefront's collapse.

I have marked it as incompatible with K1R, but the truth is I'm not certain whether it is or not. So long as this mod is installed prior to K1R they're likely to work together, but I am not the original author and am unwilling to make a definitive statement to this effect.

The contents of this file, and its readme, have not been altered in any way from the original which Silveredge9 uploaded; the unmodified readme follows:

----------------------------------------
Knights of the Old Republic - Ajunta Pall Unique Appearance Mod v1.1

AUTHOR: Silveredge9
EMAIL: silveredge9@hotmail.com
NAME: Ajunta Pall Unique Appearance Mod V1.1
DATE RELEASED: 07/9/07

DESCRIPTION: A unique appearence for the spirit of Ajunta Pall to replace the default Dark Jedi one. Includes an option to make Ajunta semi transparent.

File Index

N_DeadeyeH01d.tga x 4
N_JediMemM08.tga x 2
kor37_freedon.utc
kor37_freedonnad.dlg
clear_effects.ncs
heads.2DA
Appearance.2DA

Comments
I always though the default Ajunta Pall character was a little uninteresting and generic, looking the same as the enemies you fight in the game. So here, at last is an cool appearance to match his cool voice.

Firstly, choose if or not you want a solid Ajunta Pall, or a Semi Transparent "Ghost-Like" Ajunta Pall. And open the associated folder, either Non-Transparent, or Transparent.

Then are 2 variations of the head to choose from, with ghostly eyes or with sith eyes. To use the Sith Eyes version, copy the file from the Sith Eyes folder into the override folder after the installation.

Also the horrible shield effect has been removed.

Should you want to retain the shield effect on Ajunta Pall, don't move 'clear_effects.ncs' or 'kor37_freedonnad.dlg' in the Override folder.

Version Updates
- Transparent Ajunta Pall option added.

How to Install This Mod
- Choose whether you want Solid or Transparent Ajunta Pall, and move the TGA files into the Override directory.
- Unzip all the rest of the Zips contents into your Override directory, located in your LucasArts/SWKotOR folder.

How to UnInstall This Mod
- Remove all the listed files above from your Override folder.

Contact Info
- Email all questions or comments to: silveredge9@hotmail.com

Finally, one of the essential mods for me is on Deadlystream. :D Is it possible for a TSL Patcher? I'm worried about Appearance, heads.2DA file conflicting with other mods that edit the same file.  

Finally, one of the essential mods for me is on Deadlystream. :D Is it possible for a TSL Patcher? I'm worried about Appearance, heads.2DA file conflicting with other mods that edit the same file.  

And rightly so; loose .2da files are the devil. That said, as I'm not the original author, no, you shouldn't be expecting a TSLPatcher version, unless you choose to contact Silveredge and either ask him to give you permission to modify the file like that or to upload a new TSLPatcher version himself. I only received permission for the reupload, and even if that weren't the case I have no modding skill to speak of. I mostly uploaded this here so the community would have access to it, as I needed permission to rehost away from gamefront anyway.

And rightly so; loose .2da files are the devil. That said, as I'm not the original author, no, you shouldn't be expecting a TSLPatcher version, unless you choose to contact Silveredge and either ask him to give you permission to modify the file like that or to upload a new TSLPatcher version himself. I only received permission for the reupload, and even if that weren't the case I have no modding skill to speak of. I mostly uploaded this here so the community would have access to it, as I needed permission to rehost away from gamefront anyway.

I hear you about those loose .2da files since I already noticed it conflict with Playable Echani mod by RedRob41 (Installed both mod together it's basically turns those Echani mercs on Manaan into a Duros) so I'm forced to choose one. That being said, there's no problem on my game if you installed this mod first (before any mod that included .2da files). I apologize, I presumed you're able to create a TSL Patcher version. Unfortunately, I also lack of modding skill as well, but I will try to contact Silveredge. Nevertheless, I appreciate you uploading these goodies to Deadlystream, works like this should be appreciated. Thank you for upload this mod and for the respone. :D

Incompatible with The NPC Overhaul for K1 - can anyone fix this?

Incompatible with The NPC Overhaul for K1 - can anyone fix this?

The uploader is not the original author, nor are they in contact with Silveredge 9.

I can ask S9 for permission, but not sure when (or if) it'd be given. Also, is it that the NPC Overhaul replaces the character file, or is it to do with the appearance.2da file being overwritten?

The uploader is not the original author, nor are they in contact with Silveredge 9.

I can ask S9 for permission, but not sure when (or if) it'd be given. Also, is it that the NPC Overhaul replaces the character file, or is it to do with the appearance.2da file being overwritten?

I'm not entirely sure honestly. The NPC Overhaul doesn't even change the character from what I can see.

As far as I know the current version of K1 NPC Overhaul doesn't touch Ajunta Pall at one bit, but to avoid appearance.2da file being overwritten. There should be no problem with compatibility for two mods so long as you install this mod before NPC Overhaul mod. I've tested the game with both mod installed, especially on Korriban level and everything works as intended. 

• Like 1

I tried to use this mod on the vanilla version of my game (GOG version) and found an odd bug. One of the male player character heads (the one with the beard patch and spikey hair) has the front part of their head hair become shiny for some reason. Here is a screenshot to show what I mean. Notice the shiny opaque texture?

I have seen the same bug whether I used a vanilla version of the 'Override' folder or with other mods. I would not put it past error installing the mod on my part but I followed the readme instructions. I narrowed down the culprit to the appearance.2da file but have no idea what part of the file is causing this glitch.

post-30268-0-64488000-1493846194_thumb.jpg