Sign in to follow this  
Krest44

New download post requirement?

Made an account on the site in order to take advantage of the wonderful TSLRCM mod, and the unofficial fix, alas, it says I can't download it due to lack of posts, any idea how many this would be?

They should sticky this thread so that people have a place to post B.S posts so they can download the files or just so that people stop asking.

having the same issue here aswell, so i suppose i'll just spam this thread instead of makinga a new one.

And again.

Just to let anyone interested know. I'm certainly gonna participate in discussion regarding Kotor and Star Wars on this site, but right now, I'm not playing Kotor (don't have the time) and that is why I'm a silent user.

Btw. Kudos to the Modders for doing a great job :(

The reason for the post requirement is to get activity and communication between members.

I'll let this topic continue today then it will be locked.

New members reading this topic, to start your post count off why not introduce yourself.

The reason for the post requirement is to get activity and communication between members.

I'll let this topic continue today then it will be locked.

New members reading this topic, to start your post count off why not introduce yourself.

I'm all for increasing the activity around here, but personally I think it's a bit draconian to force people to post. They'll come here to dl the mod and if they want to look around, they will. Otherwise you're just encouraging spam, as has already been demonstrated.

• Like 1

Sry, I just want to download the mod as fast as possible :). Btw I agree with Working Class Hero, you shouldn't force people to post if you don't want the site spammed.

Thx for the mod anyway!

You should be able to DL now without having posts at all. If not, please do report here.

And don't refrain from being good community members because of it, right :).

Oh, good. That certainly was an godawful idea, glad it got dropped before I even noticed it.

Not exactly dropped, apparently, just changed. It seems that "the administrator" only allows me to download one file per day, so I can get TSLRCM 1.7, but I can't get the hotfix. At least the registration page has been fixed now, but it really seems like they just don't want people to play the mod, what with all the obstacles they deliberately put in the way :-(

The one file per day was there before too. I've changed it to 2 now so the fix can be downloaded too.

With the registration page, what problem did you have? I wasn't aware anything was wrong and it hasn't been changed since the site was re-launched so it couldn't have been fixed.

The one file per day was there before too. I've changed it to 2 now so the fix can be downloaded too.

With the registration page, what problem did you have? I wasn't aware anything was wrong and it hasn't been changed since the site was re-launched so it couldn't have been fixed.

Strange. I sent an email to admin@deadlystream.com about the problem, including screenshots of it, but I guess it hasn't been read. The "Post template" section (which appears to be gone now) contained a single radio button with no text, and whether you checked it or not you got the same error: "The following errors were found: Post Template: Cannot be left blank".

Why is there a download limit at all? There aren't that many files, and if you want some of the other mods, you'll have to wait a couple of days before you can get them all. Is there a purpose, other than preventing new users from trying the software you host right away?

I believe the post template was an old vBulletin setting that conflicted with the new software although it should never have shown on the registration page. I've checked everything out and as far as I can see it's gone from everywhere now.

As for the limit, it's to help control the bandwidth. To keep things simple it's been removed now.

As for the limit, it's to help control the bandwidth. To keep things simple it's been removed now.

Well, I could understand it if you hosted a large number of large files, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Is it really a problem? I mean, do you actually have bandwidth problems? Or is it just a precautionary measure?

At any rate, thanks for your help and replies. I look forward to trying out TSLRCM. Maybe finally KotOR2 will be enjoyable :-)

It's a bit of both, the bandwidth is very high already and it was just to try prevent it getting higher.

I haven't gotten around to trying TSLRCM yet either, I haven't played TSL in over a year. I get 2 weeks holiday now for Christmas so I'm going to hunt out the disks, god knows what I've done with them though.

it sucks cause you wanna get to playing fast but then you gotta wait with these download limits!

Make sure all mod uploaders pack their files with 7zip (or peazip with 7z set to ultra).

I've had a few files from here  that could have been much smaller to download if they were compressed better.

I think 7zip seems to be the best for the types of files here.