Circa

Republic Soldier Armor

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, or if I'm posting this in the wrong section. Saw other requests so hopefully I'm right. :P

I'm looking for a mod for K1 that lets you wear Republic armor, and replaces or adds it to the footlocker on the Endar Spire. I always felt that since you were a soldier with the Republic, you would have the outfit to match that role.

I saw a mod that replaces the Soldier class outfit with Republic soldier armor, but is there a mod that adds it as an outfit?

I seem to remember this sort of mod existing on Filefront or maybe even pcgamemods, but I can seem to find any mention of it anywhere.

Alright, so I'm trying to figure out how to mod this game again. It's been years. I found the footlocker UTP file that I want to add the armor to. I add it and all is well on Windows. But when I go to Mac, it crashes the game. Not really sure why.

Also, how does the icon system work? Do I have to point to the icon file name for it to work? I tried naming it ia_rep_armour.tga, since that's the name of the UTI file, but that didn't work.

Sorry for the noobness. I'm a JKA modder, not a KOTOR modder. :P

I also did this as part of the K1 version of the Overhaul.

Nice. I want to make it a standalone mod though, if possible.

Not sure about going from PC <--> Mac issues... but

First, editing a container directly (say, footlockerxx.utp) is usually a bad plan. It usually means that LOTS of footlockers all over the game will have whatever you just put in there, as the template itself gets re-used a lot.

Secondly, the icon is determined by the base_item type (which gets looked up in baseitems.2da) and then the "model variation" setting to determine if it wants say this_image_01 02 03, etc.

Should be some tutorials around covering some of this stuff, which would help explain a lot of these basics better than I could do here in a simple post really.

-Kitt

Alright, so I'm trying to figure out how to mod this game again. It's been years. I found the footlocker UTP file that I want to add the armor to. I add it and all is well on Windows. But when I go to Mac, it crashes the game. Not really sure why.

Also, how does the icon system work? Do I have to point to the icon file name for it to work? I tried naming it ia_rep_armour.tga, since that's the name of the UTI file, but that didn't work.

Sorry for the noobness. I'm a JKA modder, not a KOTOR modder. :P

If you were to open the .uti and note the Baseitem, then open the baseitems.2da file, you can find the row. The row should have a part about base class or something.

The format for icons is like so:

"i" + + "_0" +

The number comes from the texture variation entry in the .uti. If it's below 10, then you add a 0 for the first digit ( "001" instead of "1").

The format for textures is like so:

+

The Texname comes from the tex column of the appearance.2da row. The number is the same as the icon.

Let me explain something here... At the end of the baseitems.2da's columns, there is a column called "bodyvar". For armors, this will have values like A, B, J, L, M, .etc. These tell the game which model and tex columns in the appearance.2da to reference.

If your Baseitem type was Armor Class 4, your item would be referencing the C body var, so the game would look for the model in the modelc column and it'd grab the base texture name from the texc column:

(examples assume base game and Armor Class 4 baseitem)

Baseitems.2da:

Row: 38

itemclass: a_class4

bodyvar: C

Appearance.2da:

Row: 5 (counting from 0, or 4 if you go by the 2DA Viewer)

modelc: PFBCM

texc: PFBC

Assuming your Texture Variation in your .uti file was 1, your texture would be:

PFBC01

and your icon would be:

ia_class4_001

• Like 1

Wow. Extremely complicated for such a simple concept that I want. Thanks for the replies, guys. If someone with experience wants to whip this up for me, that would be awesome. Otherwise I'll need to sit and take the time to figure this out later when I have the motivation to do so. :P Was hoping to get it done before I play through again.

Could this be moved to the requests subforum? In case there's a chance someone will make it.

Edited by Circa