Motorheadbanger

KOTOR Proven Nvidia Cards

Hey guys,
I'm installing a new(er) GPU in my Mac Pro (3.33ghz Intel Xeon Hex-Core, 32GB RAM, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD running OS X 10.11.3 and Windows 10 Pro).  It currently has an old Radeon HD 5770 in it, which actually still does a modest job with most things (including the App Store Version of KOTOR with Frame Buffer Effects on), but as you all know, the PC versions of KOTOR and TSL just do not get along with AMD cards.  

I'm curious, what Nvidia models have worked for you guys without too many issues, and what you would recommend?  I do a lot of audio production, but not much video work, I just play the occasional game (I've been addicted to the Knights of the Old Republic series since they first came out).  I'm looking to spend under $200, and preferably under $150, for a used card.  Currently I've been eyeing a few EVGA GTX 660's.  

-'Banger

My new GF GTX 970 works perfectly with both games.

To be honest, I've never had ANY issuses with nVidia cards and these games, and I've used a lot of them since games release (5600, 6600, 9800, 450, 650, 970)

My new GF GTX 970 works perfectly with both games.

To be honest, I've never had ANY issuses with nVidia cards and these games, and I've used a lot of them since games release (5600, 6600, 9800, 450, 650, 970)

Good to know.  I had a feeling that most of the Nvidia cards would be without issue, but I figured it would be best to get some feedback first.  Nice that you mentioned the GTX 650.  A friend of mine has one laying around and I'm tempted to try it.

I recall using a 6800 ages ago with no issues. Current game rig has a GTX 780 and lappy has a GTX 770M.

Probably used another half dozen somewhere between/before the 6800 and now. No issues.

-Kitt