VarsityPuppet

Videos from VP

Good stuff! And probably the first time in star wars history when a special edition is superior to the regular one :P and imagine all their best stuff is in Episode 3!

Those kids are LOUD at 17:40.

• Like 2

AWESOME! The kiddos were loud, but they sounded like normal healthy kiddos. That's good. So is this mod going to be released?

AWESOME! The kiddos were loud, but they sounded like normal healthy kiddos. That's good. So is this mod going to be released?

Post-Mortem means "after death", so... never, unless Box kicks into gear

Awesome video and commentary, VP and Zbyl! :) Though I thought we'd enter Trayus by now :P Can't wait for ep. 3

As for the patience part, Zbyl, asking myself the same thing :D

• Like 1

Watching how awesome this mod could be makes me sad that it's never going to be finished.

Those kids annoyed me. No matter how healthy they are, they should be a little bit more silent. I must admit, I hate kids for how loud they are - before you judge me, think about it like an opoosite to a phaedophile. I hate kids since I was twelve. I just like silence or a good topic to discuss, and kids usually ask stupid questions and they do it very loudly. They shouldn't disturb BioWare Odyssey experts when they have a good discussion about a good project.

I must admit, I'm a bit of hipocryte. When I was a kid, I was a bit interested and making games (and I still am), but I had problems with listening. My first game involved many shiny rotating cubes without any purpose and the player fell down from the map before he even started playing. If I were listening when I was younger, it could have been better. Maybe if I were listening when I was younger, I wouldn't have problems with 3D modelling. Maybe I could rotate a model properly... maybe I could make something more than a beautiful, white cube.

Looks like I started complaining about noisy kids and my 3D modelling struggles and I forgot to comment about the material itself. This will be mostly a complaint. The material was too short. There was too much of sad Carth. Kreia arrival scene was really nice, but instead of only dead assassins, there should be one falling down like in TSLRCM, it would be a bit more immersive. But Kreia was completely badass. I think of a one more line she could say while choking Sion: "To have fallen so far and learned nothing—that is your failing". This could make the scene feel less like it was ripped from Kreia preaching Kavar scene in the Rebuilt Enclave.

Sorry that there was too much complaining, with some of it as abstract as on Grumpy Cat memes, but I'm like a melt up of Atton, Jolee and Kreia, with 90% of Kreia. This means I'm old, grumpy, bitter, evil, that I'm manipulating and lying all the time, I'm a Yuuzhan Vong, I hate the whole universe, I make delicious cookies and I'm just as badass as in Kreia Arrival scene from Malachor VI.

I would end my post as I started it, considering the whole medium part was just a bucket of worthless complaint garbage - I wish Malachor VI could have been finished and released. I'd love Malachor then, regardless of whether it's got five or six at the end.

PS: Also, I found one thing in the next episode teaser that bothers me - why does Kreia have a blue lightsaber when she confronts our party?

That's fair criticism. I tried a bit too hard to make it entertaining and it resulted in a lot of repeated boring or rumaterial. The next one will be more straight to the point.... maybe :P

That blue lightsaber is a bug. I'm going to have to re-record some footage for part 3 because of dumb things like that.

This Kreia bug is interesting considering the fact she earlier appears with blue lightsaber in the Korriban tomb. She confronted our party then with a blue lightsaber and she confronts our party with the lightsaber now. She spoke about the present in the tomb and it turned out to be the present a couple of weeks later.

Really interesting.

In the dark side scenario when our relations with the party are not the best, it also works when we choose the most educative scenario in the tomb. This bug is intended to teach us all that apathy is death.

This Kreia bug is interesting considering the fact she earlier appears with blue lightsaber in the Korriban tomb. She confronted our party then with a blue lightsaber and she confronts our party with the lightsaber now. She spoke about the present in the tomb and it turned out to be the present a couple of weeks later.

Really interesting.

In the dark side scenario when our relations with the party are not the best, it also works when we choose the most educative scenario in the tomb. This bug is intended to teach us all that apathy is death.

Lol well in that case, I could just leave it that way :D

Lol well in that case, I could just leave it that way :D

Or trick the whole mysterious plan by giving her a red lightsaber in the tomb. Red lightsaber suits Kreia more, not to mention her secret favorite weapon, the amphistaff.

Since, everyone seems to be commenting about the kids....

Here's my 2 cents, they sounded like they were having a blast, good on them! ^^ 

Shifting back to the video, I really enjoyed Kreia force choking Sion scene. I felt that the way Sion just accepted Kreia as master, was a bit too nonchalant. He quickly became a bitter and rebellious apprentice, still it lacked plot development i.e. Traya the Betrayer revealing herself to be the undeniable Sith Master!  Also, idk what you plan to do with the non-voiced video that was supposed to appear as if your party was conversing, but I really liked that idea.

Seeing this and knowing that it won't be finished is torture. There has to be a rule against abandoning such a great mod ;)

Anyway, thanks for the video insights into MVI and I definetly look forward to the next episode (and hope that someday the mod gets finished^^).

Seeing this and knowing that it won't be finished is torture. There has to be a rule against abandoning such a great mod ;)

Anyway, thanks for the video insights into MVI and I definetly look forward to the next episode (and hope that someday the mod gets finished^^).

Empathy my friend.

Also VP what mod are you using in this video that affects the way force lightning looks?

@VarsityPuppet & @zbyl2

It sounds like a great idea for both of you to meet Chris Avellone and ask a bunch of questions about cut content.
I implore you to pursue this line of thought.

Never say never. I'm working on another mod instead that I think you might enjoy more.

Or at the very least, it has a better chance of being finished.

Empathy my friend.  

Also VP what mod are you using in this video that affects the way force lightning looks?

Um.... I don't know lol. I downloaded a bunch of textures but then made my own modifications. I'd have to double check to see what I actually did (I have my game directory in a version control repository)

Okay here's my full response and thoughts.

I completely disagree with removing the Hanharr/Mira sequence; I thought it worked great in TSLRCM, the only bad part is Hanharr's sudden disappearance if he goes off to fight Kreia, in fact that's the main problem with Malachor V IMO, no hangar for Kreia to arrive in- in the Trayus Academy and Party Members disappearing (Which is where that sequence when you seen them attacking the Academy and you're just behind them is great) I also think the remote's log of Bao-Dur's instructions should be kept but I like the whole droid V droid V droid, we got with TSLRCM perhaps the change I would make would be this:

-Bao-Dur dies, either at the Droid Factory or perhaps an apt place would be sacrificing himself on the Ravager to destroy it.

-Things happen, you step out of the Ebon Hawk onto Malachor's surface with the remote, the remote displays the instructions, you go around activating the M.S.G- at the final one just before the Remote activates the sequence the PC (In a cutscene) maybe hears explosions and runs to that cliff edge where they observe the party fighting the assassins. Fade to black, fade in on the remote by the terminal and then GOTO arrives and that part plays out like it does in TSLRCM depending upon what happened in the Droid Factory. 

I have no idea where exactly the best place for the Mira/Hanharr encounter to happen would be, perhaps even before the Exile awakens- 

then just after Mira/Hanharr leave; you could have the rest of the party (Excluding the Droids) run up to the big door that Mira and Hanharr pass through if they go to face Kreia; 

-If Mira is with Hanharr they should just pass through the army (Let's say 20 NPC's for arguments sake.) like water, lets even say that Hanharr makes a fake prisoner of Mira and leads her through the crowd.  

-If Mira survives and Hanharr doesn't Mira could simply just join the rest of the party when they arrive. 

-If Hanharr kills Mira, he should be at the head of the "Army" (Because Kreia Life Debt) when the rest of the Party arrives and then perhaps the Exile, when they run to the cliff ledge could see a part member- slay Hanharr Atton let's say; whom then takes a penalty against when faces Sion because Mira died.

As for Malachor being boring, I'd liven it up with some Tusken Raider style tents maybe with Sith Assassins and such meditating by them on parts of the surface. 

Or even, thematically you could have the surface improved by having it littered with corpses of both Mandalorians and Jedi- maybe even the entrance to the Trayus Academy could look something like this:

16422490_751308925022000_916343500382723

I don't know how this would apply to a dark side Exile that took on Hanharr and Mira died in the Jekk Jekk Tarr because I've never done that myself. 

I completely disagree with removing the Hanharr/Mira sequence; I thought it worked great in TSLRCM, the only bad part is Hanharr's sudden disappearance if he goes off to fight Kreia, in fact that's the main problem with Malachor V IMO, no hangar for Kreia to arrive in- in the Trayus Academy and Party Members disappearing (Which is where that sequence when you seen them attacking the Academy and you're just behind them is great) I also think the remote's log of Bao-Dur's instructions should be kept but I like the whole droid V droid V droid, we got with TSLRCM perhaps the change I would make would be this:

-Bao-Dur dies, either at the Droid Factory or perhaps an apt place would be sacrificing himself on the Ravager to destroy it.

-Things happen, you step out of the Ebon Hawk onto Malachor's surface with the remote, the remote displays the instructions, you go around activating the M.S.G- at the final one just before the Remote activates the sequence the PC (In a cutscene) maybe hears explosions and runs to that cliff edge where they observe the party fighting the assassins. Fade to black, fade in on the remote by the terminal and then GOTO arrives and that part plays out like it does in TSLRCM depending upon what happened in the Droid Factory. 

I have no idea where exactly the best place for the Mira/Hanharr encounter to happen would be, perhaps even before the Exile awakens- 

then just after Mira/Hanharr leave; you could have the rest of the party (Excluding the Droids) run up to the big door that Mira and Hanharr pass through if they go to face Kreia;

Droid v. droid v. droid still happens, but later. This is only up until the Exile enters the academy.

If Mira had Hanharr lead her to Kreia, then you could also see Hanharr fighting with the other party members in front of Trayus.

As for Bao-Dur's death, we felt that it was outside the scope of the mod, so we left it vanilla-ambiguous.

Regarding Mira vs Hanharr, it is definitely needed. VP talked about moving it somewhere else, but it can't really happen anytime later, because it has to take place before you get to see party members vs assassins at the academy's entrance.

Droid v. droid v. droid still happens, but later. This is only up until the Exile enters the academy.

If Mira had Hanharr lead her to Kreia, then you could also see Hanharr fighting with the other party members in front of Trayus.

As for Bao-Dur's death, we felt that it was outside the scope of the mod, so we left it vanilla-ambiguous.

Ah okay, I still like my idea of integrating the Droid V Droid so that it feels less disjointed.

That's a good idea.

Good point, especially if intentions were for him to appear in K3. 

Regarding Mira vs Hanharr, it is definitely needed. VP talked about moving it somewhere else, but it can't really happen anytime later, because it has to take place before you get to see party members vs assassins at the academy's entrance.

Absolutely. 

But what do you both think of  the rest of my ideas? 

In fact, were I a modder I'd do that myself. But I wouldn't know where to begin. 

As far as I can remember me and VP (or maybe only me) always thought about adding something more to the malachor surface modules, most likely something that had to do with the battle, but then we/I never had any concrete and good ideas for it. And we had more important stuff to solve inside, so we didn't get to that part. But yeah, it's barren and it's boring, something more should be there, somehow.

And what you said about Mira, Hanharr and the party members... could be. The way I see it, the important thing is how it ties in with what happens later. I probably wouldn't just kill Hanharr off, cuz we'd be able to use him later on since he doesn't need VO to speak. But then, I don't think we had the option of Mira actually dying on malachor in MVI. Again, it was better to have someone who was always gonna be there for a later cutscene, which we already had 4829 versions of anyway because of people dying or getting jealous.

Modding isn't that hard in the end, but it can be time-consuming. If you want to make what you described though, I'm sure you can.

Apparently I'm the only one who thinks that Mira vs Hanharr was more or less fine where it was. =D

I think it was fine where it was, but I think my version of when it was- was better, and even though Hanharr has no dialogue & you can do anything I think unless he's "redeemed" and just has a line to throw at Kreia like the rest of the party e.g "Now I come in saying something suitably heroic." -Atton

As an evil character there's not much more that can be done unless you reuse lines which I'm not a fan of.

But I like my idea or rather an idea of it tying into the "Army" thing with Hanharr because then the event would have a larger impact on the whole party rather than just being a scuffle between Mira and Hanharr.

Personally I'd rather work with someone on something like this, back and forth because then they'll think of things I hadn't considered.

Great stuff once again. You have me conflicted about the shuttle dialogue... but I think you do win. While it's nifty to have that back, I suspect that stuff was cut on purpose for being too repetitive and not cinematic enough, and might be better utilized for Malachor.

I don't think the Atris Traya was a mix-up, though. I have two theories. First, from what Avellone has said of the original story plan, it seems like Atris was the main villain and most of the story was centered on Telos - so if they had already started recording VO back then, it may have just been left over from that. Atris as a party member might also have factored into that somehow. My other theory is that it might've been left over from when the Handmaiden and Visas were the light/dark party members and led to two completely divergent end games, one in which Atris becomes Darth Traya while Kreia does not.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to episode 3!