VarsityPuppet

Videos from VP

I want to try to start making more videos related to KOTOR modding. Consider me inspired from Xuul's Modding Live Stream!

Check that out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_RXer5c3y4

Anyways, the first thing I thought I'd take care of is some Malachor VI content. Here's what I am calling a post-mortem look at the mod.

Anyways, here is the Malachor VI Post-Mortem: Episode 1

Covers the Ebon Hawk crashes, Visas and Mandalore, Exile and Remote

Sorry I drone on a bit here, but for the next version I'm going to record the video first and then do the commentary.

If anyone is interested in trying their hand at bringing these scenes to life and helping Malachor VI come to fruition, the source code is HERE
  • Like 4

So why is this not going to be a thing?

Simply too much work. We only have scratched the surface.

Maybe some day in the future after we have built up all of the tools to do this sort of thing easily, it will be more feasible.

Also, when I was working on this, I had no job. I now have a full time job, go to school part time and have another project that speaks to my skill set.

Shame that this won't ever be released, but I enjoyed the video.

The source code is available. Anyone can look at it and pick up where we left off. I'll add it to the top post

Will we see the character I voiced in the next video? LOL

Not in the next video. To be honest, I don't know if I ever got that conversation into the game.

Great video. You had some fantastic ideas for Malachor. I get why you gave up though... getting just that much fully executed in the game must've taken ages.

Looking forward to seeing more.

• Like 1

Looks interesting. Glad you enjoyed the stream. 

We might have to take a look at this next time.

Nice job VP. Look forward to additional videos. I may have to do a couple post mortem vids myself.

Pretty good... wouldn't mind using that walking onto 901MAL animation for TSLRCM, though not sure what others would think since technically it's not restored content so has little place.

The Visas/Mandalore on Malachor for TSLRP was based on the 902MAL loading screen, which showed them. And, nothing more really. The conversation is indeed on the Ravager, both after entering and after Nihilus "dark force backlash" event. The "What can you tell me about this planet?" lines are used when you save your teammates from their cages in the Academy.

I suppose the Mira stuff would work better if shudder, back and you see her on her knees, then another shudder and then when it turns back she's gone, rather than a black screen. Shouldn't be that hard to implement I think, depending how the camera motion is made (still rather amateurish on animated camera's myself).

Looking forward to seeing part 2!

I suppose the Mira stuff would work better if shudder, back and you see her on her knees, then another shudder and then when it turns back she's gone, rather than a black screen. Shouldn't be that hard to implement I think, depending how the camera motion is made (still rather amateurish on animated camera's myself).

Looking forward to seeing part 2!

Not sure what you'd call it, but it's like an audiophile (but towards cameras), but I am perhaps a bit too fond of the animated cameras and the camera work on cutscenes, so I could always lend a hand when I'm off break.

Not sure what you'd call it, but it's like an audiophile (but towards cameras), but I am perhaps a bit too fond of the animated cameras and the camera work on cutscenes, so I could always lend a hand when I'm off break.

We used to call that 'shutterbug', though I'm not sure the exact usage applies here.  And hell.. these days, we don't even really HAVE shutters anymore practically.  :P

I still got my old Canon FTB and all the trimmings (still camera), but I don't use it much.  Hard to find decent film, and I pretty much have to develop it myself if I bother, which is a lot of work for someone who's already as busy as me.  :P

-Kitt

You skipped Kreia's Arrival cut-scene? I still remember how impressive it was, with Sion appearing behind her... I think it was one of the first cut-scenes you guys made that I saw and I was (still am) extremely impressed by camera work. Certainly some of the best I've ever seen in KOTOR.

By the way I'm pretty sure I was the guy who originally made Malachor scene with Visas and Mandalor, not Stoney or TSLRP :P The video has been on my youtube channel for years.

Looking forward to part 2.

Part of the problem is that the install is a bit of a pain in the ass, and things aren't working properly.

That's part of the reason for the delay in episode 2. Well, that's the main reason.

Great vid, interesting.

Ever gonna put out this btw?

Finally watched the video. Honestly, I seriously prefer every decision you made.

Having Mandalore confiding only in Visas is such a nice change of pace, since his own people were almost wiped out, and maybe Visas is the only other person with some understanding of that kind of loss.

Also, of all of your companions, they get the least characterization, and it's nice to see them almost casually observing these ending events as they unfold.

As far as the beginning cutscene, it's the perfect transition in my opinion, from the hectic crash scene to the surface of the planet. It works well, additionally, as a nice callback to T3-M4's on Peragus.

Lastly, use of the surveillance to show the chaos of the landing is genius.

All in all, what you have already made so far has great potential. :)