vurt

Reflective Protocol Droids

8ip8d.jpg

A small mod i'm working on. I think the default protocol droids looks kind of dull, they look much better when really reflective (since this makes them look more metallic).

Maybe this is common knowledge for KOTOR modders, but the more black you have in the alpha channel, the more reflective the model will be - ofcourse, this requires the model to also have a normal map, and not all models have one, unfortunately. The Protocol droids had an almost pure white alpha channel, making them almost completely non-reflective.

Edit: would love to add a normal map to HK-47.. anyone any good at modding KOTOR2 models? Is it even possible? Here's a retexture i did of HK-47.

k9ir8.jpg

Edited by vurt

That is very cool.

If it's not too much trouble, would it be possible to make one that shines up G0-T0 (so that the `note its highly polished finish` line makes sense) or write up how to do it please?

Ah yes, that's a good one to make more polished, and it has a normal map (just checked).

If you have more suggestions let me know :)

Another version:

ey031.jpg

All models:

8pful.jpg

Edited by vurt

Hey guy . . . you may have missed that he did one more droid by request for me. Over at LF, I asked if he could the same to B4-D4.

This one should appear less pixelated + it has added shine

f03fo.jpg

Download: http://www.multiupload.com/MFQA7VTAAM

Seeing as you actually use this character in the game, I wouldn't want you all to miss it!