Sithspecter

MOD:Kylo Ren's Lightsaber

Kylo Ren's Lightsaber

View File

You've probably seen The Force Awakens at this point, and Kylo Ren's unique lightsaber as well. The saber features crossguard blades that serve a defensive purpose as well as venting extra heat. Now, you can play through KotOR wielding this lightsaber as your own! This mod adds Kylo Ren's lightsaber, complete with animations, to Knights of the Old Republic. It features damage and defense bonuses, but is not upgradeable at this time. I plan to expand this mod to make the saber upgradeable and to add a more unique blade texture.

To get the lightsaber, you can find it when you defeat the Sith Master on Manaan, who will also wield it. Alternatively, you can get it by entering the cheat code: giveitem g_w_kylosaber

• Like 1

I was hoping for this! Didn't expect it so quickly. Especially looking forward to seeing it upgradeable and with the unstable blade

Were you working on one as well?

I was. At first I was trying to make an EU cross saber by moving dummies with Hex magic. Turns out quaternions are a biiiitch.

So then I came to the solution you probably used (replacer) and had a prototype working. I was missing some of the meshes because the guards weren't showing at certain angles.

Either way, less work for me :P

I was actually able to implement a fairly successful crossguard saber without the replacer. I exported it from Max with no animations, and was able to add the animations in ASCII successfully. The only issue was the saber blade had some rendering issues where it would render doors, heads, and items in front of it if it passed in front of them. Unfortunately there was no workaround for that, so I had to go the replacer route.

I'd be interested to see your version though.

Great work, but honestly this lightsaber would make more sense replacing that generic sith light saber we get at the end of Korriban, making it more than just another lightsaber, don't you agree? Just a minor note there, nothing editing a UTP wouldn't fix.

Do you plan to make a Kotor 2 version as well? I can definitely say my evil Exile would love to use this mofo in slicing jedi

• Like 1

Great work, but honestly this lightsaber would make more sense replacing that generic sith light saber we get at the end of Korriban, making it more than just another lightsaber, don't you agree? Just a minor note there, nothing editing a UTP wouldn't fix.

....That's... a great idea! I'll get right along to downloading it just to replace it! XD

I hope its not to much to ask but could we possible get a kotor 2 version of this?!? i'm not sure how much work it takes but if you could it would be amazing!

Do you plan to make a Kotor 2 version as well? I can definitely say my evil Exile would love to use this mofo in slicing jedi

I hope its not to much to ask but could we possible get a kotor 2 version of this?!? i'm not sure how much work it takes but if you could it would be amazing!I will probably cave and do a KotOR II version of this mod.

That's an excellent suggestion for placement, I will probably update the mod to allow the saber to spawn there in future versions.

I will probably cave and do a KotOR II version of this mod.

• Like 2

Thanks guys!

Actually, I discovered that replacing the sith lightsaber is as simple as re-naming the file to what the Sith Lightsaber's is, thus removing the necessity of a UTP edit ( plus I assume the game requires you to have the saber itself in inventory in order to progress, so having the file as the name of the sith saber would probably prevent broken games ) :P

Edited by Doctor Evil

Thanks guys!

Actually, I discovered that replacing the sith lightsaber is as simple as re-naming the file to what the Sith Lightsaber's is, thus removing the necessity of a UTP edit ( plus I assume the game requires you to have the saber itself in inventory in order to progress, so having the file as the name of the sith saber would probably prevent broken games ) :P

You also want to change the tag and template resref inside the file to match...

You also want to change the tag and template resref inside the file to match...

^ that too