DarthParametric

[K1/TSL] BlasTech E-11 Blaster Rifle

DP_ROTJ_E-11_Blaster_Rifle_Spin_Mid.gif

This a custom model of the BlasTech E-11 blaster rifle, AKA Stormtrooper blaster, from the original trilogy. This version is based on the Return of the Jedi prop variant. It was made in response to a mod request here.

It is available for K1 and TSL on the Nexus:

K1 - http://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/70

TSL - http://www.nexusmods.com/kotor2/mods/62

K1 Installation:
You have a choice between two versions that will replace existing blaster rifle models in the game and a third unique one that will only be available for the player. Replacing blaster rifle 001 will make it available as a starting weapon for Soldiers, and it is a common loot/store item. Blaster rifle 002 is commonly wielded by Sith troopers, so pick that if you want to see it used against you. Note that these two options are purely cosmetic, they don't affect the base stats of the weapons. The third option comes with a mild base energy damage buff (1D4) and is fully upgradeable (energy cell/scope/beam splitter/trigger). It can only be added via console command or KSE.

Extract the archive. The texture is shared between all versions, so copy DP_E-11.dds and DP_E-11.txi to the Override folder. Then choose which option you prefer (you can choose all 3 if you want) and also add those files to the Override folder. In order to obtain the 3rd option in-game you must manually add it to your inventory via a console command or KSE. The item ID is g_w_blstrrfl083.

To uninstall, simply remove the files from your Override folder. Note that for the third option you should first remove any that are equipped or in your inventory beforehand, or you will encounter errors.

Note:
The way upgrades work in K1 requires that bonus properties be manually set for each upgrade type (rather than being predefined by the game like in TSL). I was unsure what to add without going overboard. The current bonuses are as follows:
  • Improved Energy Cell: Adds 1D4 ion damage
  • Scope: Adds +1 attack bonus
  • Beam Splitter: Adds massive criticals, 1D4
  • Hair Trigger: Adds on hit chance of stun, 25% for 3 rounds, DC14
I'm open to suggestions on improvements/alternatives.

TSL Installation:
You have a choice of three options. The first two versions that will replace a couple of the existing blaster rifle models in the game that may be wielded by enemies or turn up as loot/store inventory. Note that these two options are purely cosmetic, they don't affect the base stats of the weapons. The third option is an added custom blaster rifle that comes with a mild base energy damage buff (1D4) and is fully upgradeable (scope/chamber/energy cell). It can only be added via console command or KSE.

Extract the archive. The texture is shared between all versions, so copy DP_E-11.dds and DP_E-11.txi to the Override folder. Then choose which option you prefer (you can choose all 3 if you want) and also add those files to the Override folder. In order to obtain the 3rd option in-game you must manually add it to your inventory via a console command or KSE. The item ID is w_brifle_83.

To uninstall, simply remove the files from your Override folder. Note that for the third option you should first remove any that are equipped or in your inventory beforehand, or you will encounter errors.

Bugs/Known Issues (Both Versions):
Both games have a lot of problems with hand positions for weapons. Depending on what clothes/armour you are wearing, the hands may or may not be in the right position, potentially causing clipping issues. This is not a problem with the weapons themselves, and there is no fix possible on the weapon side of things. Changing it to suit one body model would just result in more errors for other body models. In short, your character (or NPCs) may not hold the weapon properly or their hands may clip through it. You'll have to live with it.

P.S. I would have liked to have posted more in-game pics, but getting even those few was a serious pain in the ass. Both games seem to be borderline unplayable for me these days with crashes and freezes.
  • Like 1

I was still in the transitional phase back then, moonlighting here while riding out the final days of LucasForums. In hindsight, yeah, probably should have released it here (and the HK mods), but I'm not big on hosting a file in multiple places, and I don't like pulling something from a site once it has been uploaded.

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

I get misty any time someone mentions LFN.

;_;

Classic gun!

3 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

In hindsight, yeah, probably should have released it here (and the HK mods), but I'm not big on hosting a file in multiple places, and I don't like pulling something from a site once it has been uploaded.

Might I ask why you don't like having a mod hosted in more than one place?  If it's a matter of having to divide your time between the sites to do troubleshooting, well you've already announced the mod here anyway.

Nice gun. BTW.