Sign in to follow this  
Jorak Uln

SKIN:TSL ORIGINS - Telos Overhaul

TSL ORIGINS - Telos Overhaul

Unlike its predecessor, the Complete Overhaul for K1, the purpose of this texture mod is to preserve the original look of the game,
while using different texturing techniques to give the old game engine a modern look, emulating shine & vector based animations from the Mass Effect series.

Im sorry guys that i cant provide screenshots at the moment, my graphics card is malfunctioning.

Installation:

Download the file, extract its contents with an archive extraction tool such as 7zip or WinRAR, and move the contents to the override folder for your game.

Enjoy!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/12/2015
  • Category
  • TSLRCM Compatible
    Yes

• Like 3

Only problem with this is that is makes the rest of the game look like garbage Jorak! lol

Lol, glad you like it!

Well there's one thing I'd change about both this mod and your Manaan mod- it's the Twi'lek advertisement girl. She's too high poly to exist in-game so when I see her on the wall it really breaks Immersion for me personally.

Well there's one thing I'd change about both this mod and your Manaan mod- it's the Twi'lek advertisement girl. She's too high poly to exist in-game so when I see her on the wall it really breaks Immersion for me personally.

I know what you mean - it’s better to have everything consistently in either HQ or LQ.

About the twi'lek - the interesting thing when I look back at this mod - I really tried my best back then, but there are a lot of things I would do differently today.

Also there’s that big overhaul for KOTOR still somewhat unfinished, and while I find it intriguing to try out that prequel based tex style on the textures/panels I’m more and more curious how that would fit TSL...

I know what you mean - it’s better to have everything consistently in either HQ or LQ.

About the twi'lek - the interesting thing when I look back at this mod - I really tried my best back then, but there are a lot of things I would do differently today.

Also there’s that big overhaul for KOTOR still somewhat unfinished, and while I find it intriguing to try out that prequel based tex style on the textures/panels I’m more and more curious how that would fit TSL...

Agreed. 

I'd be interested to see that.

Hey so I wonder if I've botched the installation or maybe there's some reason it's incompatible with mac file structures or something but does anyone know why it should look like this? Obviously it's trying to animate the all the signage. Works in some places but not as shown in the videos. More often it makes big, bright pixelated blurs...and the wall and floor textures look like vanilla. Grateful for any ideas where I went wrong or how to fix it.

Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 09.13.37.png

Any luck with the pixelated boards, Duns? I also followed the instructions and most of the textures have loaded properly, it seems the boards haven't though and look just like in the pics posted above.

2 hours ago, BlueDreamSage said:

Any luck with the pixelated boards, Duns? I also followed the instructions and most of the textures have loaded properly, it seems the boards haven't though and look just like in the pics posted above.

@Jorak Uln doesn't follow this thread. However, since I have just properly tagged him in the last sentence, perhaps he'll see it now. This should stand as a reminder for modders to follow their own release threads as well as their download pages.

On 4/24/2019 at 5:12 AM, BlueDreamSage said:

It seems the modded textures are not recognised by the game, only the .txi files. 

Are you sure that you have moved all tga files to your Override folder? If so, then the MAC version may not be compatible with texture modding.

6 hours ago, Jorak Uln said:

It seems the modded textures are not recognised by the game, only the .txi files. 

Are you sure that you have moved all tga files to your Override folder? If so, then the MAC version may not be compatible with texture modding.

It should be, I run texture mods on it all the time. @DunsCanard and @BlueDreamSage are you trying with a fresh install / overriding existing files in the Override folder?

Hey, i really like your mod, but what is quite annoying is that all the aurebesh text is now gibberish, a few of us here can read that stuff and it is rather annoying.

I remade two of the textures myself but a lot of them would be quite a challenge to reverse engineer without the original Photoshop or similar file you used.

Would be great if you could fix that or give me the files in a format where the text can still be easilly edited(e.g. psd, xcf or  similar) in which case I'll fix all the texts for you.

The files with Aurebesh text are:

PLC_SwScrn01.tga

TEL_BBrds.tga

TEL_BBrds2.tga

TEL_BBrds3.tga

TEL_BBrds4.tga

TEL_CBx.tga

TEL_HSn3.tga

TEL_HSn5.tga

TEL_Mon1.tga

TEL_Mon2.tga

I already remade TEL_Mon2.tga and TEL_HSn3.tga from scratch(and upscaled Tel_Mon2 in the process)

Edited by Tycho Ordo
spelling
  • Like 1

Posted about this in the comments section, but this is probably better on response time.

I wanted to install this mod but was stymied by lack of information in the instructions for the XnView-dependent part of the mod.

"1. Download XnView"
Which form/version of XnView should I use? Should it matter?

"5. double-click on one of the tgas"
This is more of a nitpick, but this would be better put as "open one of the tgas in XnView" because people might have other programs on their machine that will open tga files.

"6. click on file-> Viewer"
Aaaand here's where I hit a brick wall. The "File" menu on XnView 2.50, the version of I downloaded and installed, has absolutely nothing identified as "Viewer". Is "Viewer" called something else or placed somewhere else (although, I've looked in other menus and didn't see it...) in 2.50, or do I need a different version of XnView?

Viewer_What_Viewer.jpg

UPDATE:

For XnView 2.50 (AKA XnView Classic) users, the process is different. Here are the steps to follow in that version

1. Open XnView (not necessarily opening one of the .tga files)

2. Go to the Tools menu, and from there click directly on Batch Processing

3. Click Add, navigate to the "Telos Part 2 - XnView" directory, select all files in said directory, add them with the Add button, and click OK.

4. Set the output folder to [TSL Directory]\Override, set the output filetype to .tga, and set "Overwrite files" to either "Ask" or "Replace"

5. Click on Go

Edited by ZeldaTheSwordsman
Found the solution