Fair Strides

Download:Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Generally if there's an update for a mod, it'd be a good idea to install that update. Also, you said that you're using a version of the mod from an altogether unknown (to me) source, so I'd DL the Deadlystream version. As to your issue with the installer, the solution is listed in the support thread for the mod, but it basically boils down to replacing all of the / with \ in the changes.ini files before running the TSL Patcher. Or vice versa, the \ with /.

My game keeps crashing in the mining tunnels.  I've always had this problem and can't seem to find a way to solve it.  Does anybody have any ideas?

As BoS:SR overwrites Malak's Jawless texture for Malachor sequence, I'm actually wondering what happens on the Star Forge when Malak removes his jaw.

So, Fair Strides, I don't know if you are still working on this, but here is some food for thought...

http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/6017-kotor1-placeable-limit/?hl=placeable

More specifically...

That might not sound like a big deal, but the vanilla game already has 232 placeables, which means that there are only 24 placeable slots available for use by modders. K1R adds 8 placeables, so if you're using that, you have 16 slots available. BOS:SR 1.5 adds 21 placeables, so if you're using that, you have 3 slots available.

Drastically cutting down on that would be one of the key improvements to this updated version of Brotherhood of Shadow.

I already posted this in the comment section for the actual mod, but I think this place might be where the question should be asked. Has anyone figured out how to install BOS without any errors? If errors, than can anyone tell me how to fix any and all of them? I ask these things because I want to use BOS on my next KOTOR play through if possible.

Make sure you install it before all other mods. Your errors are most likely mod conflicts.

I know there hasn't been much activity on this thread for a while, but I'm running into an issue while doing the standard download. It keeps giving me this error " • Error: Unhandled exception: Cannot create file "C:\Users\udall\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa310108.43450\backup\modules\ship.mod". The system cannot find the path specified (0)". If anyone has any idea how to fix it that would be greatly appreciated. :D

Sounds like you're running the installer from the still packed download archive. You need to extract all the files first to any location except for the game folder and then run the installer.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Kexikus said:

Sounds like you're running the installer from the still packed download archive. You need to extract all the files first to any location except for the game folder and then run the installer.

I tried that, i extracted them all into a folder and it still is giving me a similar error. 

• Sad 1

Then it seems like you don't have writing permission in either the mod folder or the game folder.

From your first post it sounds like an issue with the mod folder but I can't know for sure without seeing the new error message.

" • Error: Unhandled exception: Cannot create file "C:\Users\udall\Desktop\Kotor 1 Mod\modules\ship_tmp\alienchatting.dlg". The system cannot find the path specified (0)" This is the new error message that im getting (Kotor 1 Mod  is the folder I extracted the files into).

Try removing the spaces from the folder name. Maybe that's an issue although I can't recall KotOR mods having an issue with that.

Also, did you extract any other mods to the same folder?

I changed the folder to just BOS, and no I don't have any other mods in that folder. This is my first time ever modding KOTOR 1, I've only ever modded KOTOR 2.

On 5/3/2020 at 3:37 AM, Brad Udall said:

...modules\ship.mod". The system cannot find the path specified...

It was because the changes.INI of this mod incorrectly use / instead of for GFF patching - basically with all modules [which I assume they could've been broken in some ways]. If you're able and/or have enough patience you can try change them to the latter [\].

Edit: or use Notepad++'s Find-Replace All feature. Find an instance of Modules/ and then batch-replace with Modules\ - that should do it.

For example:

• Before
    !Destination=Modules/ship.mod
  • After
    !Destination=Modules\ship.mod

Granted, when I was started playing and/or trying to mod this game I know there's a "workaround" [which I'm not sure if it's actually working or not, as I've never been able to reach that part of the game this mod does] to bypass the installation - that you can execute the installer from the game's main directory. But please, don't do that as you know how to do it properly now, hahah.

Edited by ebmar
Brief instruction to batch/replace the incorrect parameters

Sorry, not to bump this thread but I think this post better be separated from that one above.

Here's the readjusted changes.INI of the BoS:SR mod, both the main installation [bos_sr_1.0] and v1.1 patch [bossr_patch_1.1] --

[K1]_BoSSR_INI_Update_[BETA].7z

Edit: this one did not setup Saves installation - so you'll have to put the provided ones manually. You can rename the [Saves] folder as you see fit, just make sure it's unique as it can be.

Attached also the installlog.txts which shows from my test, they're working 100% intended - at the very least, from installation process POV. Please be sure not to be switched between the INIs - they have been placed at their dedicated folder to easen the process.

Also I noticed a UTI had been installed eight nine times -to one Override folder- yeah, which was unnecessary, and also an MP3 three times. They're all now only installed once.

Hope that could at least reduces the number of times people experiencing troubles, not that from playing the mod but only from installing itself. This great mod deserves love greater than itself surely.

And may the 4th be with y'all. :cheers:

Edited by ebmar
Did not setup Saves installation

Okay, so I replaced all the modules/ with modules\ and it seemed to work, and I got my hopes up. Unfortunately literally seconds away from the install being complete, an error happened :(. This is the new error I'm getting " • Error: Unhandled exception: Cannot create file "C:\Users\udall\Desktop\BOS\bos_tem3_tmp\bos_charlie.dlg". Access is denied (0)"

14 hours ago, Brad Udall said:

This is the new error I'm getting...

That with the attachment I posted above or using your own like you said --

14 hours ago, Brad Udall said:

...so I replaced all the modules/ with modules\...

By theory the INI I have posted wouldn't end a failure because I did have success with it on my test.

Edit: also --

Access is denied...

That one looks like from your system, not something that caused from a mod.

Edited by ebmar

On 2/14/2017 at 7:07 AM, verb8im said:

My game keeps crashing in the mining tunnels.  I've always had this problem and can't seem to find a way to solve it.  Does anybody have any ideas?

I've been having the same problem for ages. Does anyone have an idea as to what causes this?

6 hours ago, Nevrius said:

I've been having the same problem for ages. Does anyone have an idea as to what causes this?

I do not know the specific cause, but if you disable shadows when  you're in the mining tunnels, the game will no longer crash.

On 12/8/2020 at 6:57 AM, Nevrius said:

I found the solution to this issue. First load a save prior to entering the new Czerka modules on Korriban, somehow entering that zone before having a conversation will screw you over.

You have to speak to your companion and ask about the Mandalorian Wars and it will have you warp to a module and do quest related content. Continue talking to her until you've exhausted all the options, then go into the new BOS:SR korriban modules. If you do not speak to exhaust all conversation with the SHadow before going into the new BOS:SR areas on Korriban, then you will have this crash. 

This is how I was able to fix this issue, and it took a couple hours to debug this solution after falsely assuming it was mod incompatibility. Let the thread know if this fixes it for you. 

5 hours ago, jc2 said:

I found the solution to this issue. First load a save prior to entering the new Czerka modules on Korriban, somehow entering that zone before having a conversation will screw you over.

You have to speak to your companion and ask about the Mandalorian Wars and it will have you warp to a module and do quest related content. Continue talking to her until you've exhausted all the options, then go into the new BOS:SR korriban modules. If you do not speak to exhaust all conversation with the SHadow before going into the new BOS:SR areas on Korriban, then you will have this crash. 

This is how I was able to fix this issue, and it took a couple hours to debug this solution after falsely assuming it was mod incompatibility. Let the thread know if this fixes it for you. 

Ok, just to make sure I understood it correctly: first, talk to Shadow about the particular battle of the Mando Wars, complete the ensuing quest, then talk about everything else she has to offer. And only then enter the new Dreshdae modules. Is that right?

Couple of questions: does it matter where I talk to her, as long as it isn't the new modules? And does this also fix the issue for when I've completed BOSSR and have to go back through the tunnels?

Either way, I'll try out the proposed solutions once I get to BOSSR and let you guys know if it worked.

19 hours ago, Nevrius said:

Ok, just to make sure I understood it correctly: first, talk to Shadow about the particular battle of the Mando Wars, complete the ensuing quest, then talk about everything else she has to offer. And only then enter the new Dreshdae modules. Is that right?

Yes. Additionally, I had to speak with Shadow before exiting the Ebon Hawk on Korriban (therefore, before even running into the crazed lunatic who tell about Solomon's survival). And, just to be safe, I recommend going back into the Ebon Hawk immediately after that conversation/fight and exhausting all dialogue options with Shadow if any are left.  

19 hours ago, Nevrius said:

Couple of questions: does it matter where I talk to her, as long as it isn't the new modules? And does this also fix the issue for when I've completed BOSSR and have to go back through the tunnels?

Either way, I'll try out the proposed solutions once I get to BOSSR and let you guys know if it worked.

I believe Shadow requests/requires the PC to speak with her on the Ebon Hawk for privacy. Yes, after doing this, I was able to travel through the tunnels both ways without having it crash. I look forward to hearing if this worked for you as well.

On an almost unrelated note, do not strike the finishing blow on the boss with Force Shoke in that Mando Wars quest, doing so will cause multiple NPCs to spawn and crash the game, it has something to do with the kotor game mechanics of both paralysis from force Shock & the extra round granted to the PC after successfully killing an opponent. This is confusing because the boss has the minimum 1 hp checked in the files, thus preventing the boss' death yet this mechanism will still grant the PC another extra attack looping the near death script check to continually spawn NPCs. I haven't heard of anyone ever running into this issue, but I thought it might be beneficial to this thread, nonetheless. In the rare case that you do attempt to kill the boss with Force Shock, simply load a save prior to killing the boss with Force Shock. Special note: reloading a save prior to entering the module is not necessary in this case so if you have a save mid-fight go ahead and use it. Since this mod, has another point or two where this scripting technique is used, I would recommend not using Force Shock (or its upgraded variants) when the boss has low hp. 

4 hours ago, jc2 said:

Yes. Additionally, I had to speak with Shadow before exiting the Ebon Hawk on Korriban (therefore, before even running into the crazed lunatic who tell about Solomon's survival). And, just to be safe, I recommend going back into the Ebon Hawk immediately after that conversation/fight and exhausting all dialogue options with Shadow if any are left.  

I believe Shadow requests/requires the PC to speak with her on the Ebon Hawk for privacy. Yes, after doing this, I was able to travel through the tunnels both ways without having it crash. I look forward to hearing if this worked for you as well.

On an almost unrelated note, do not strike the finishing blow on the boss with Force Shoke in that Mando Wars quest, doing so will cause multiple NPCs to spawn and crash the game, it has something to do with the kotor game mechanics of both paralysis from force Shock & the extra round granted to the PC after successfully killing an opponent. This is confusing because the boss has the minimum 1 hp checked in the files, thus preventing the boss' death yet this mechanism will still grant the PC another extra attack looping the near death script check to continually spawn NPCs. I haven't heard of anyone ever running into this issue, but I thought it might be beneficial to this thread, nonetheless. In the rare case that you do attempt to kill the boss with Force Shock, simply load a save prior to killing the boss with Force Shock. Special note: reloading a save prior to entering the module is not necessary in this case so if you have a save mid-fight go ahead and use it. Since this mod, has another point or two where this scripting technique is used, I would recommend not using Force Shock (or its upgraded variants) when the boss has low hp. 

Many thanks for the clarifications! I'll let the thread know if it worked!

Huh, that's actually never been an issue for me, but thanks for the heads-up. 

• Like 1