Fair Strides

Download:Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

If I stall this mod, (which I said I would earlier but I haven't actually got round to it yet lol). Will it make any changes to the main game at all or even the menu screen like it did when I installed the Revenge Of Revan demo? 

The mod itself is entirely optional in-game and will not affect the main menu.

My game kept crashing everytime it was just about to load into one of my save games. Only been happening since today and I haven no idea why. Is this a steam issue? It kept crashing even before I installed BoS and now that I have BoS installed it still keeps crashing whenever I try to load in. 

Are you going to use the Revan's Flowing Cape and Belt mod (or something similar) to replace the current Revan robe in the mod?  I'm not a modder, so I have no idea how hard it would be, but it would definitely be better in terms of aesthetics instead of the stiff version that's there now.

When you say 'updating some of the custom levels to make use of new techniques that weren't possible back then', what exactly does that mean/would include?

Are you going to use the Revan's Flowing Cape and Belt mod (or something similar) to replace the current Revan robe in the mod?  I'm not a modder, so I have no idea how hard it would be, but it would definitely be better in terms of aesthetics instead of the stiff version that's there now.

Old quote of mine from earlier on in the thread:

"The problem is, trying to fix the cape brings up problems when you take maskless versions of Revan's robes into account. First of all, the flowing robes would need to have a maskless version for male PCs so that being able to equip and unequip the Revan mask while wearing Revan's robes makes sense. Trying to get full compatability for female Revan brings up an even bigger problem. There is no, as far as I'm aware, flowing cape fix for female PCs. There was an edited female Revan model some time ago, but it doesn't have a fixed cape. Even if a fix was made, the mask problem would have to be taken into account again.

What I did was take the flowing cape model files and replace the BOS Revan model files with Sithspecter's edited version. This means that I couldn't get proper female animations or be able to remove my mask while wearing the robes, but it was a much better alternative to the cardboard cape. "

Basically, Revan's cape overhaul isn't technically complete by BOS' standards.

Revan's model is a mess as a whole. It was intended for cinematic uses only. Adding unmasked and female versions shows just how messed up the model is. The unmasked versions also have head clipping issues.

Messy, messy, messy...

• Like 1

Old quote of mine from earlier on in the thread:

"The problem is, trying to fix the cape brings up problems when you take maskless versions of Revan's robes into account. First of all, the flowing robes would need to have a maskless version for male PCs so that being able to equip and unequip the Revan mask while wearing Revan's robes makes sense. Trying to get full compatability for female Revan brings up an even bigger problem. There is no, as far as I'm aware, flowing cape fix for female PCs. There was an edited female Revan model some time ago, but it doesn't have a fixed cape. Even if a fix was made, the mask problem would have to be taken into account again.

What I did was take the flowing cape model files and replace the BOS Revan model files with Sithspecter's edited version. This means that I couldn't get proper female animations or be able to remove my mask while wearing the robes, but it was a much better alternative to the cardboard cape. "

Basically, Revan's cape overhaul isn't technically complete by BOS' standards.

Revan's model is a mess as a whole. It was intended for cinematic uses only. Adding unmasked and female versions shows just how messed up the model is. The unmasked versions also have head clipping issues.

Messy, messy, messy...

Generic Non-modder response: But you can fix it right? 

It would be great if this is somehow fixed. But as you said no one can probably do the female model. 

Generic Non-modder response: But you can fix it right? 

It would be great if this is somehow fixed. But as you said no one can probably do the female model. 

On the contrary, nearly every single problem with Revan can be fixed.

It's just that some problems are much more of a pain in the ass to fix than others, and I don't know if anyone would want to fix such small details that take so much time and effort. Revan's model can be fully fixed/modified to make sense from a female body's perspective, but that'll take a while to do. :/

Head clipping issues will also never be properly resolved, unfortunately.

I know.  I've played BOS several times.  I meant the fixes that they are doing it to it.  Especially with the installation problems with 1.5.  They said a 2.0 version was coming where everything was going to be put into one installer

I just have one question; is this mod a complete conversion; or does it add a new option in the main menu?

I just have one question; is this mod a complete conversion; or does it add a new option in the main menu?

It's more a mod, where u have to complete something in mid of game, if you want to, Side-Quest (Big one :D )

But i would recommend you, to watch a whole Walkthrough, then you know what i mean :D
Best Example: KotORWorld's BoS:SR Walkthrough

No more new content. We're really just bug-fixing for now (which won't be for much longer, as the mod really works great already). And as soon as one of the original modders that worked on it has some free time, we will be re-doing and updating some of the custom levels to make use of new techniques that weren't possible back then.

Also, it will be a 2.0 version with everything combined into one installer.

What about dis?

What about dis?

As noted in the quoted post, this is contingent upon one of the original authors (Quanon) having free time. Currently he's in on the party member reskin mods. And when we were initially looking in on this, it was just going to be updating the areas with newer techniques, but he didn't keep the original source files, so he'll have to remake each of the areas he made from scratch now...

To preface, I'd like to say that I love this mod--been playing for the past several days and the story line is fantastic. That being said, I've been stuck after defeating Akirakon Sin--literally after the fight and when Revan comes to. The game will not let me select option 1 or 2 (declaring that I have, indeed defeated Akirakon Sin). I can click all I want...to no avail. Any suggestions as to how I can remedy this situation? I have redownloaded the mod etc...the anticipation to learn where the plotline goes from here is killing me.

Thanks in advance!

Here's a link to a screenshot of where I'm at in case you'd like to check out the text.

http://imgur.com/a/hIBuQ

No need to get sarcastic just because someone is suggesting easy solutions. You wouldn't believe how often issues like these can be resolved in such simple ways.

Sadly I don't have a good solution either. The only thing I can think of if you haven't tried that yet would be to restart the game and maybe it'll work this time.

Kexikus, I appreciate the reply but I am 99% sure what he said was in good humor so I replied in kind. My intent was not to offend. 

Unfortunately I have tried restarting the game several times over--even undergoing clean installs of the game none of which worked. It is unbelievably frustrating lol. I started a new game with the hope that perhaps I won't venture into the same glitch at the end...but that is several hours away. Hopefully someone has a new recommendation that might help?

Thanks again in advance.

I actually wasn't kidding, sometimes my KotOR 1 bugs out like that and all I have to do is alt+tab away. 

Ah, well in that case I'm sorry for making that assumption and appreciate the advice. Unfortunately this bug hasn't gone away despite reinstalling KOTOR the mod etc. Sadly, Alt+tab is not the answer :/

Ah, well in that case I'm sorry for making that assumption and appreciate the advice. Unfortunately this bug hasn't gone away despite reinstalling KOTOR the mod etc. Sadly, Alt+tab is not the answer :/

Windows 7 Compatibility mode fixes nearly all my KOTOR bugs of this nature- I'd suggest that. 

Lucy, unfortunately running swkotor in Windows 7 compatibility mode yielded no results. Any more recommendations?

Thanks again for the help!

Dear community, i have a blackscreen (i can although click anything) after i had the vision of Revan dying (So in the Mining tunnels), and now i have the problem: I stuck in the level, cuz i am still the main character, Not Shadow, help please?

Shall i install the 1.1 Version?