Sith Holocron

Knights of the Old Republic III Thread - Rumor Central

The dumb A.I. for starters, especially in the first game when firing at targets that are out of range, I'd burn the whole thing down just to ensure that my party members don't run up to point blank/melee range before attempting to fire their again. Terrible design. I'd also ensure that queued actions no longer reset when swapping characters and I'd be looking to add some type of movement command system to replace toggling solo mode for tactical positioning. As it stands, there is no way to simultaneously command everyone to escape a grenade blast radius which again is terrible. D20 is fine, in fact I'd be against anything else, however the guns in K1 need a complete overhaul for damage. The game needs to be harder, or at least an option to be.

Yes, the PC dialog needs work, a lot of work, so does the romance dialog options and outcomes. For example, I can scarcely understand why there is no option to help Bastila with paying for treatment for her dying mother. Perfect way to provide for the love interest and gain LS points and it's nowhere to be found. Carth leaving Mission to die on Lehon when DS also needs a rewrite since his cowardice there goes completely against his character. The Sith need some work too, Darth Bandon is a complete joke of a character with his timid voice and generic, nonthreatening appearance. The Boss encounters, if they can be called that, in the first game need to be spruced up in general. A lot of them are very underwhelming.

• Like 1

Stumbled upon this by chance:

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/a-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-sequel-is-reportedly-in-the-works-at-ea/

a new take on BioWare's RPG has been greenlit by publisher Electronic Arts, one designed to "integrate elements from the first two games in order to bring certain things into the current Star Wars canon."

I have a bad feeling about this...

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, bead-v said:

Great. It's not like the Old Republic era hasn't already been butchered enough by ToR and Disney. I know a lot of fans have been clamoring for a sequel for years, but I've never seen the appeal. It'll invariably disappoint, not least due to Disney.

• Light Side Points 1

I read in another news source (in my native spanish) that it was actually a Remake, not a sequel.

I would honestly prefer a remake to a sequel. A remake done right for both games, just graphical and gameplay-wise, would be awesome. However, my nostalgic me says that they won't get it right...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bead-v said:

They can't leave it alone. Too much a cash flow. 

Disney makes the crappiest villains and they will not understand Revan or Malak.

Haven't they screwed over Revan enough?

"integrate elements from the first two games in order to bring certain things into the current Star Wars canon."

They will completely trash Tales of the Jedi lore just as this Sith Empire business did.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Ebony Moon said:

Disney makes the crappiest villains and they will not understand Revan or Malak.

I don't know, as a Disney Star Wars critic, I happened to really love Director Orson Krennic and to a degree like Kylo Ren. But I agree on that Disney really has no idea what makes their IP or legacy characters resonate so much. 

Honestly, I think BioWare should do a license game first (i.e. Star Wars) before diving back into their own franchises, given that at least some effort needs to be made to please its target market.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ebony Moon said:

They can't leave it alone. Too much a cash flow. 

Haven't they screwed over Revan enough?

"integrate elements from the first two games in order to bring certain things into the current Star Wars canon."

They will completely trash Tales of the Jedi lore just as this Sith Empire business did.

At this point I feel like Star Wars is a car I used to love and still do, but I had to sell that car, and I have to let the new owner do whatever they want with it. So rather than stress over what stupid senseless thing they do to it, I can still remember the good times I had with it.

In other words, there is nothing we can do since they own it and technically have every right to drive it into the ground on fire while everyone fights over whatever is left.

A bit bleak, perhaps, but that is the reality we live in.

Alternatively, we can hope that by some chance there are enough fans of actual skilled writing left (That have nothing to do with pointless love triangles, obscure prophesies, or Mary Sues jammed in for no reason; seriously, do these guys even realize how much Horrible Writing Advice has them pegged?) can create something unique and genuinely fun to watch and play. Maybe anomalies like Mandalorian and Jedi Fallen Order can fall through the cracks.

• Like 3

Although I am not interested in buying a Disney/LucasFilm remake.  I wonder how are they going to handle Hk-47?  I doubt Disney would approve a homicidal droid as a companion.  They'll probably make him follow the self destructive path of pacifism.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Talyn82 said:

Although I am not interested in buying a Disney/LucasFilm remake.  I wonder how are they going to handle Hk-47?  I doubt Disney would approve a homicidal droid as a companion.  They'll probably make him follow the self destructive path of pacifism.

I mean, they did a great job with the homicidal droid turned pacifist companion in the Mandalorian.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Canderis said:

I mean, they did a great job with the homicidal droid turned pacifist companion in the Mandalorian.

I thought the same,  but we really didn't get to know that droid too well before it was reprogrammed. HK-47 is too established. Besides, like Talyn's signature says, it's already been done, if briefly.

4 hours ago, Canderis said:

Oh, I did not know that.  I never seen the Mandalorian.  

There are now very credible rumors that Aspyr is actually working on a KOTOR game. I'll be interested if we hear more. The rumors are being floated by Jason Schreier who is a very reputable journalist with a long history of leaks that have turned out to be true. 

All he said was he doesn't want to report on anything unless he's 100% sure (previous tweets deleted), and in response to "who should EA pick to make the game" he replied no one would guess right. He isn't confirming, denying, or hinting at anything.

9 hours ago, AmanoJyaku said:

All he said was he doesn't want to report on anything unless he's 100% sure (previous tweets deleted), and in response to "who should EA pick to make the game" he replied no one would guess right. He isn't confirming, denying, or hinting at anything.

On twitter, yes, but he is quite active on ResetEra also and has talked about it there.

https://www.pcgamer.com/knights-of-the-old-republic-remake-reportedly-in-development-at-aspyr/

Jason did confirm that Asypr is working on KOTOR remake after teasing it for a couple of months. Now just looking for the official announcement!

https://www.ign.com/articles/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-remake-reportedly-coming-from-port-studio-aspyr

Eurogamer has also independently reported that it is a full remake, bringing KOTOR into canon.

@Sith Holocron whatcha think?