milestails

Jade Empire Modding 2015

In light of the recent Jade Empire Special Edition giveaway on Origin, I just wanted to let people know that there was some modding done for the game on LucasForums and other places in the past.

This thread is the most comprehensive out there regarding this subject. It is not terribly active anymore except for when people request SpaceAlex's mod pack which I would be glad to send to you via PM.

When I used to play the game, I went to these sites for mods/leads:

Nexus

Jade Empire in Style

moddb

shsforums

Gamefront

Note: Many links to mods are dead unfortunately.

And to think I bought the disc version off ebay a few years ago, drat. Well at least this would serve as a back up copy.

As did I, but there was no way to predict the future.

Yes there is and was silly billy, the future is the past to the future for us in the future, as the past is to the future, the future is to the past, as the past is to the present as the present it to the future.

The future is the past to people whom have experienced it, and the past is the future for those who are further behind than we are.

The present is the future to those whom haven't experienced the present.

We can predict the future by listening, hearing, seeing, and being.

Or you know, you can just be yoda...

"Quit... don't quit... noodles... don't noodles... You are too concerned with what was, and with what will be. Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called a present." -Master Ooguay to po

Also, for some shameless self-promotion, Jade Empire is also a target for xoreos. :P

Earlier this year, I figured out the general model format, at least the static geometry (I'm still not completely sure about material properties and shader parameters, and the animations). As far as I am aware, this hadn't been done at all previously. Since the, Farmboy0 did some more sleuthing on the model format, and has created a more mapped out description file for 010 Editor.

I'm still looking for people to join the xoreos efforts. People who want to extend the tools in the xoreos-tools repository, or add further tools to it, so that this sub-project is more useful for modding purposes, are also more than welcome.

EDIT: I went ahead and checked the Jade Empire binary template file for 010 Editor into the xoreos-docs repository, in the off-chance it might be useful to somebody. The model loader in xoreos itself can be found here.

• Like 1

Earlier this year, I figured out the general model format, at least the static geometry (I'm still not completely sure about material properties and shader parameters, and the animations). As far as I am aware, this hadn't been done at all previously.

Yes, there was never much done on the JE MDL format, unfortunately.

I went ahead and checked the Jade Empire binary template file for 010 Editor into the xoreos-docs repository, in the off-chance it might be useful to somebody.

Oooh, handy, thanks. Now do K1/K2.

This thread is the most comprehensive out there regarding this subject. It is not terribly active anymore except for when people request SpaceAlex's mod pack which I would be glad to send to you via PM.

They sure are popular. But I guess his Closed Fist Romance mod is arguably the greatest JE mod of all time.

Ok guys so I bought the game for android and want to add mods. Like the in style mod.... Where does the overide go exactly? Dialog... Is this going to work?

Not sure where else to put this, but GOG actually updated Jade Empire recently and fixed a few bugs.

Looking at this, the primary update would appear to be "added stutter fix based on fk.'s code", which is presumably derived from this, for anyone not using the GOG version that wants the same fix. I can't say I recall ever experiencing stuttering myself, but I haven't yet played it on Windows 10.

• Like 1

I played the physical PC release on the beta of windows 10 and didn't encounter any problems, but great to see that the fix is available for those who don't use the gog version. Thanks for the link!