Shem

MOD:SEM - Super Enhanced Mod

SEM - Super Enhanced Mod

Main Mod's Original Review on Filefront:

[spoiler[Let me start out by saying this mod is not for the faint of heart. If you're not an experienced player, and by experienced I mean you're insanely good at the game, you won't want to get this mod. Why? You'll die a miserable death, likely early on in the game.

Now that I've completely scared everyone off, let's get to the nitty gritty bits of this mod. It's got a lot of changes, and veteran players should really enjoy them. I can't go over all of them, because there are too many plus Shem wants to leave you with some surprises (they're good surprises, by the way), so here's an overview:

Lightsabers: The basic premise of a lightsaber is it is a beam of energy that curves back on itself to create a blade. Now how could a blade of pure energy be less powerful than a slab of metal? Shem wondered the same thing. Sabers have been enhanced to do more realistic amounts of damage, plus they will add a +10 modifier to your blaster deflect skill. Base damages for both games are around 40-50. OMG UNBALANCED! No, not at all. As I go along you'll see why it's not unbalanced.

Blasters: How often does a stormtrooper take six blaster bolts before going down? Never! They're down on one shot usually, aren't they? Blaster fire is now beefed up to be deadly. This is a good thing and a bad thing. Bad thing - if you get shot, you're in trouble. Good thing - the same is true vice versa, plus that +10 modifier to blaster deflect will make you a lean mean blaster blocking machine, and if you deflect those bolts back at your enemies they're still beefed up and will make for a quick and easy kill.

Armor: The idea that wearing a heavy set of armor will block you from using the Force is rediculous. The Force extends beyond such silly physical limitations, and Shem agreed with this as well. As a result, armor will not longer restrict you from using the Force, regardless of what it is. Tired of being 'Forced' to wear those Jedi robes when you'd rather be off galavanting across the dune sea in Calo Nord's armor? No problem. Armor also doesn't penalize your dexterity any more, although I'm not quite sure that's more realistic than the way it originally was.

This mod makes several changes to pieces of Shem's older mods, so if you are prompted to overwrite any parts of any of Shem's other mods you may feel free to do so without hesitation. If you're a hardcore player I'd definitely recommend giving this mod a try.

Note: Please leave the author feedback, especially if you download this mod and use it. It really helps encourage the author to make more mods in the future.

~Inyri

Also you will need the Ultimate Sound Mod for this to work properly. Make sure that is installed first before you install this mod and let the baseitems.2da file from this mod overwrite the one from the Ultimate Sound Mod. If you're not interested in that mod, you will still need to download it and get the cb_ls_powerup.wav, cb_ls_powerup1.wav, cb_ls_powerup2.wav, cb_ls_powerdown.wav, cb_ls_powerdown1.wav, and cb_ls_powerdown2.wav files. That way the double-bladed and short lightsabers make a on/off sound.

Addon's Original Review on Filefront:

This mod adds some new features to Shem's Super Enhanced mod. Either 60 or 110 to be exact, depending on which game you use it for. Those that found the Super Enhanced mod to be a little too challenging might appreciate this update.

Some Changes:

• Darth Bandon has been better balanced, and his armor will now be worth getting for K1
  • new additions to the unknown world for K1
  • Darth Nihilus has been enhanced to be more challenging for K2
  • Darth Sion has been enhanced to be more challenging for K2
  • additional content during the Darth Traya battle for K2
  • new items to protect you and help you get through the game for K2
  • hitting "recommended" for stats will now give you a stat boost, for those that find the mod a little too challenging, for both games
  • many other smaller surprises for both games

So if you want to try out this great mod, but are concerned it might be a little too strenuous, grab this add-on to make it a little more playable for the average gamer. After all, a mod just for the pros is no fun at all.

~Inyri

Malkior's Tweak pack (no Filefront review):

An addon approved by Shem that tweaks the grenades, mines and most of the non-humanoid creatures in the game to be up to par with the rest of Shem's work...

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/05/2015
  • Category
  • TSLRCM Compatible

Hey Shem, love your work, i am playing through both Kotor 1/2 right now, but I just did a fresh install of kotor 2, no saves or anything Installed the restoration mod since I do not have the steam version and I installed your ehanced mod.

When I went through the installation, it said that there were items not found when installing so it skipped them. Will that cause any issues? Because playing with lightsabers in kotor 1 with your mod installed, none of the lightsabers actually showed in the tooltip as bigger damage outputs, still the 2-12 roll, but I do see a difference in both blasters and the damage it puts out, not sure if I am missing anything here or not or if this is not the right section to ask for help, my apologies

Thanks again for a great mod and I'm loving the extra challenge of playing now =D

As posted earlier today about another of Shem's mods.

Shem himself is no longer an active modder, sadly...

I, as a moderator, uploaded his mods with permission after Filefront died, so there is no official author support.

If you need me to get the files it said it skipped, I will let you know what it is if need be. My apologies, new to modding kotor after years of not playing the game. I'll help out any way I can.

If you need me to get the files it said it skipped, I will let you know what it is if need be. My apologies, new to modding kotor after years of not playing the game. I'll help out any way I can.

The list of missing files would be helpful, as well as what install modes you tried (Main, Full, Addon, .etc).

As it is, I found the issue, and it was a limitation with the installer that had not yet been fixed...

• Warning: Unable to find a field label matching "PropertiesList\3\PropertyName" in a_heavy_x01.uti, skipping...

• Warning: Unable to find a field label matching "PropertiesList\3\Subtype" in a_heavy_x01.uti, skipping...
 • Warning: Unable to find a field label matching "PropertiesList\3\CostTable" in a_heavy_x01.uti, skipping...
 • Warning: Unable to find a field label matching "PropertiesList\3\CostValue" in a_heavy_x01.uti, skipping...
 • Warning: Unable to find a field label matching "PropertiesList\4\Subtype" in a_heavy_x01.uti, skipping...
 • Warning: Unable to find a field label matching "PropertiesList\4\CostValue" in a_heavy_x01.uti, skipping...

I think I just did main only. I think I have the GOG version, not entirely certain, its been awhile since I got it and I apologize for not being able to tell you what version I am using.

I first started with TRCM for TSL, then moved on to Ultimate Sound Mod + SEM Enhanced for TSL then the NPC Overhaul, but I didnt really go through all of them, I didnt have time to actually install any of those NPC Overhaul one's before I started my playthrough.

I tried the widescreen but it didnt give me anything higher than 1024. That's it so far in regards to mods.

Fair Strides, I had one error in the installation of the Super Enhanced Mod for KOTOR 1.

I'm posting how it appeared in the installation log:

Error: No instruction section found for file kas25_longsword.ut, skipping...

Hope that it can help you to solve this issue.

And please forgive my English. It's not my native language.

Do I need to reinstall the mod? If so, will I be able to use my current save or no? Or will I have to start all over fresh again?

Thanks for helping out and updating the mod LOVING the extra challenge and actually feeling like I am using a beam of energy lol

Fair Strides, I had one error in the installation of the Super Enhanced Mod for KOTOR 1.

I'm posting how it appeared in the installation log:

Error: No instruction section found for file kas25_longsword.ut, skipping...

Hope that it can help you to solve this issue.

And please forgive my English. It's not my native language.

Small typo by me in the changes.ini for both the Full and Ultimate versions... Forgot the "i" at the end. I'm uploading a fixed version.

Do I need to reinstall the mod? If so, will I be able to use my current save or no? Or will I have to start all over fresh again?

Thanks for helping out and updating the mod LOVING the extra challenge and actually feeling like I am using a beam of energy lol

You will have to reinstall the K1 mod for the lightsabers and the K2 mod for the changes to Mandalore's Armor, but you don't have to start over.

You would need to get rid of and re-acquire the lightsabers in K1 to get the new changes and use a save from before acquiring Mandalore in K2 to get the changes.

Just arrived on Telos in 2, so should be ok. K1 Ill go get some new lightsabers then Thanks again.

Just arrived on Telos in 2, so should be ok. K1 Ill go get some new lightsabers then Thanks again.

And I've just updated the K1R install.

There were numerous delays, so make sure you download the most current one.

Fair Strides I'vr found another error. I've installed the ultimate version of the mod. Here it is:

• Error: No instruction section found for file g1_w_rptnblstr01.uti, skipping...