Sign in to follow this  
Dastardly

TOOL:Walkmesh Injector

Walkmesh Injector

INSTALLATION
You must have .NET Framework 4.0 installed in order for this tool to work. Once/If you do, simply extract the contents into a folder and load up the file. It'll also be a good idea to have KAurora on hand for exporting walkmeshes and binary models.

USE
The purpose of this program is to add a walkmesh node into a binary .mdl's file. It "injects", so to speak, the .wok data into the model. By doing this, you will enable the camera to be blocked when panning into a wall. Just make sure that the walkmesh fits the area model you are using. This *should* work for both K1 and TSL, I haven't tested TSL yet though.

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Load the .MDL file, it requires its .MDX counterpart
2. Load the .WOK file that is used in conjuction with the mdl, if there is a .WOK file with the same name as the .MDL it will automatically load up
3. Select the export directory OR leave it blank. Leaving it blank will export it to the same directory it is already in and add a "_new" suffix to the file name
4. Choose [Add New Child] if the .MDL file doesn't have a walkmesh node in it already, if it does, scroll down the drop down box and select that instead. The old walkmesh node will be replaced with the new one
5. The KotOR version is automatically determined from the file, check to see if is correct.
6. Press inject and retrieve your new files to the place you exported it to

REPORTING ERRORS
If the program popups up with an error, check to see if your model is legit. If it is, post the error on the forums.
If your module crashes on loadup or the camera isn't being blocked, go to the forums and give specific information to what you did. (K1 or TSL? Replaced a node or added? Used a custom export directory?)

• Like 3

So, just to try it out, I used this on my shuttle stunt model. This is a model that does indeed work in TSL. I tried picking the node already in the model file and the [Add New Child] option. I tried leaving it in the same directory and exporting to a new one. I tried it from the existing directory and on my desktop. Finally, just to make sure, I tried running it in administrative mode. None of the above worked.

I get this error every time:

This could be an issue...

Now, I am running Windows 8.1 which comes automatically with .NET Framework 4.5, which doesn't include 4.0, rather it replaces it. I'm guessing that's my main issue. Would I be correct?

The program didn't agree with MDX Files that were bigger than their MDL counterparts. Uploaded a fixed version, could you try again? :)

Alright, so the injector "worked", but the game crashed. I replaced the node from the walkmesh creation in Max ("walkmesh" as seen in image in first post) and didn't use the custom export. Still TSL.

Alright, so the injector "worked", but the game crashed. I replaced the node from the walkmesh creation in Max ("walkmesh" as seen in image in first post) and didn't use the custom export. Still TSL.

Only K1 models were tested with tool on release, my bad. It turns out I forgot to fix the vertex indices offsets for K2. I tested it and the model+module loaded fine with the camera successfully being blocked. Uploaded fixed version.

Must see source. I am most curious.

Trust me. You do not want to. You know your code is messy beyond belief when you yourself can barely read it. I'm half tempted to do a rewrite. :/

Only K1 models were tested with tool on release, my bad. It turns out I forgot to fix the vertex indices offsets for K2. I tested it and the model+module loaded fine with the camera successfully being blocked. Uploaded fixed version.

Game is still crashing. Same scenario as above.

Game is still crashing. Same scenario as above.

Is it possible if I could have the module and model files you are using?

Also are you are using KAurora to export the .wok file?

I replaced a walkmesh node in TSL, stock model, no crash.

(The add child option will crash if there is already a walkmesh node present)

Is it possible if I could have the module and model files you are using?

Also are you are using KAurora to export the .wok file?

I replaced a walkmesh node in TSL, stock model, no crash.

(The add child option will crash if there is already a walkmesh node present)

I'll send it to you in a PM.

I have to report success on my end. I've successfully implemented AABB nodes into the .mdl files of two of my Sleheyron areas. However, I am going back and redoing the walkmeshes since the original walkmeshes were not designed with a good shape for blocking the camera.

Trust me. You do not want to. You know your code is messy beyond belief when you yourself can barely read it. I'm half tempted to do a rewrite. :/

It's more about what's actually going on, not the clean code.

Plus, I may be able to clean up the code for you.

It's more about what's actually going on, not the clean code.

Plus, I may be able to clean up the code for you.

Sent you a pm ;)

I have to report success on my end. I've successfully implemented AABB nodes into the .mdl files of two of my Sleheyron areas. However, I am going back and redoing the walkmeshes since the original walkmeshes were not designed with a good shape for blocking the camera.

Good to hear! Hopefully the walkmesh adjustments won't be too strenuous to do.

I'll send it to you in a PM.

Uploaded a new version. Hopefully its the last fix required. I managed to get the camera to block in the area you gave me, however I had to increase the height of the non-walk walls in your walkmesh. ;)

Uploaded a new version. Hopefully its the last fix required. I managed to get the camera to block in the area you gave me, however I had to increase the height of the non-walk walls in your walkmesh. ;)

Is that all I needed to do? Dang.

Is that all I needed to do? Dang.

Oh no, the crashing was certainly coming because of a fault in the program's code. But the walls on the walkmesh do need to be at least on the same height as the camera for it to be blocked.

Oh no, the crashing was certainly coming because of a fault in the program's code. But the walls on the walkmesh do need to be at least on the same height as the camera for it to be blocked.

Ah, okay. Well, just tried it out myself and it worked!!!

Ah, okay. Well, just tried it out myself and it worked!!!

Whew! That's a relief :D! Glad to hear it.

That was a very vital piece of information!

Only figured that out when trying to get his walkmesh to work ;)