1Leonard

The truth about Jar Jar Binks?

Where? I'd like to see that.

Doc Evil -

You may be right, I don't know. I personally am not getting overly into the hype for the new movies, especially because I'm not sure that they'll even be any good. I guess I'm just more of an interested bystander.

I guess it's also just a little bit hard to believe that this was planned from the start, since they left it out of the prequels and waited (at least) fifteen years to actually reveal it... if it does show up, I'd find it easier to believe that they stuck it in more recently. Also because it's (at least some) different people making it.

I dunno. I don't have an official opinion/side about this, I'll just see where it ends up. I will say, though, that that would be a pretty good plot twist.

I'm not into the hype either, I'm just analyzing on what is actually quite plausible for these new movies. It doesn't make sense for them to stand completely apart from the other movies other than characters

Hayden Christensen should be replaced with an actual ACTOR. He was so... bad, it was really pathetic especially since he was surrounded with such talent.

As far as Jar Jar,.. ugh... I don't know what was more silly, Jar Jar and his kin taking on a droid army and winning or the Ewoks beating the Empire with sling shots and ropes *sigh*

The only thing that gives me hope is that during a recent George Lucas interview he admitted that he gave his written ideas for the movie and they were turned down. He then said he was told by JJ that this film will be made for the fans whereas George wanted to continue his story. George then said he didn't feel welcome and left, never to rejoin the group.

Hayden Christensen should be replaced with an actual ACTOR. He was so... bad, it was really pathetic especially since he was surrounded with such talent.

As far as Jar Jar,.. ugh... I don't know what was more silly, Jar Jar and his kin taking on a droid army and winning or the Ewoks beating the Empire with sling shots and ropes *sigh*

The only thing that gives me hope is that during a recent George Lucas interview he admitted that he gave his written ideas for the movie and they were turned down. He then said he was told by JJ that this film will be made for the fans whereas George wanted to continue his story. George then said he didn't feel welcome and left, never to rejoin the group.

And this is my biggest issue with film 'critiques'... He did not act bad, he acted the way GL told him to act... big difference, the way he portrayed Anakin was the way GL wanted Anakin to be

And this is my biggest issue with film 'critiques'... He did not act bad, he acted the way GL told him to act... big difference, the way he portrayed Anakin was the way GL wanted Anakin to be

For me, at any rate, Anakin was certainly pretty annoying. Not nearly as cool as Darth Vader was in the original trilogy.

Probably some bias setting in here, but I did like the battle with the Ewoks. They're also not quite as ridiculous to me as the Gungans, though.

Probably some bias setting in here, but I did like the battle with the Ewoks. They're also not quite as ridiculous to me as the Gungans, though.

Personally I found the battle with the Ewoks more credible, due almost entirely to that traumatizing scene of when Wicket's friend gets blasted by an ATST..

You see more dimension beyond "teddy bears with spears", when they display some actual emotion at having to fight an enemy that disproportionately stronger than them.

QFT... One of the reasons Matt Lanter was so good at portraying Anakin in the Clone Wars series is because he actually had people who could legitimately write and direct, George Lucas was hardly around.

While Christensen may not be the best actor, he certainly gets far too much criticism for what he does

EDIT: I'd like to point out that the talent he was surrounded by didn't put up that much of a performance either. Lucas managed to get me to snore at Natalie Portman and Ewan McGreggor (until EP3), and worst of all Samuel Jackson... The only actor who I felt was real and really did a fantastic job all throughout was Palpatine's actor Ian McDiarmid

Personally I found the battle with the Ewoks more credible, due almost entirely to that traumatizing scene of when Wicket's friend gets blasted by an ATST..

You see more dimension beyond "teddy bears with spears", when they display some actual emotion at having to fight an enemy that disproportionately stronger than them.

Right, because an army of teddy bears with spears is perfectly capable of killing fully trained and armored soldiers equipped with lasers and armored walker tanks... Sorry, but  every time  I watch ROTJ I try to skip nearly every scene involving the ewoks other than the final one, because it's so bad it's funny. The Gungans are far more plausible as an army than the Ewoks because they had weaponry capable of combatting the droids, I.E. the EMP balls, there's also the fact that their society is far more developed than the Ewoks, as the Ewoks are the equivilant of Homo-Erectus to the Homo-Sapien.

No offense, but some of you need to get your nostolgia goggles off

• Like 1

Right, because an army of teddy bears with spears is perfectly capable of killing fully trained and armored soldiers equipped with lasers and armored walker tanks... Sorry, but every time I watch ROTJ I try to skip nearly every scene involving the ewoks other than the final one, because it's so bad it's funny. The Gungans are far more plausible as an army than the Ewoks because they had weaponry capable of combatting the droids, I.E. the EMP balls, there's also the fact that their society is far more developed than the Ewoks, as the Ewoks are the equivilant of Homo-Erectus to the Homo-Sapien.

No offense, but some of you need to get your nostolgia goggles off

By "plausible", I meant as far as the visual presentation. I have already said my peace in other topics of this forum on how stupid it is that a primitive army of anything armed with sticks and spears could contend with an elite force specifically designed to quell " rebellious local populations" IE a riot squad.

However, as far as a visual presentation, the Gungans were "weird and primitive", and that's about all I could identify of them. True they may have been able to fight droids with EMP grenades, but to run up and fight them in the open like that was just a screenwriter's excuse to show the droid army in all of its splendor. (Which is the part I liked about it; so it worked?)

The Ewoks were absurd in their capabilities but believable in their guerrila tactics and ferocity against overwhelming odds. As an idea they were idiotic, but on film they were believable.

The tiny teddy bears had little WW2 movie moments of bravery, foolhardy courage, and severe loss, and oddly enough that made me ignore how incredibly ridiculous it was.

As for the Gungans, what was their ultimate strategy to prevent loss of life? What strategy kept them alive fighting their numerous wars with the Naboo? Why was there an authoritarian command of the armed forces, and why did they find Jar Jar to be the right candidate for that strategic leader?

You know nothing about the Gungans except, 1: They have a fascist government under the leadership of Boss Nass

2: They have been at War against the Naboo (and everyone's totally cool with it, apparently)

3: They have a unique appearance and weapons

4: They live in Underwater cities but are somehow able to evacuate to land. (curiously with only soldiers and with no civilian women or children)

By "plausible", I meant as far as the visual presentation. I have already said my peace in other topics of this forum on how stupid it is that a primitive army of anything armed with sticks and spears could contend with an elite force specifically designed to quell " rebellious local populations" IE a riot squad.

Then that supports my point, visually I see teddy bears with ancient mechanisms while the Empire has advanced technology... The gungan attacks were coordinated while the Ewoks played it by ear, they weren't nearly as organized.

However, as far as a visual presentation, the Gungans were "weird and primitive", and that's about all I could identify of them. True they may have been able to fight droids with EMP grenades, but to run up and fight them in the open like that was just a screenwriter's excuse to show the droid army in all of its splendor. (Which is the part I liked about it; so it worked?)

Yet they were able to form ranks, have an actual plan of attack, utilized different kinds of troops and vehicles to attack their enemy

The Ewoks were absurd in their capabilities but believable in their guerrila tactics and ferocity against overwhelming odds. As an idea they were idiotic, but on film they were believable.

The tiny teddy bears had little WW2 movie moments of bravery, foolhardy courage, and severe loss, and oddly enough that made me ignore how incredibly ridiculous it was.

How are they believable at all? Emotion or not, I didn't care at all about those "oh poor care bears getting blasted" That was the only part that was believable.

As for the Gungans, what was their ultimate strategy to prevent loss of life? What strategy kept them alive fighting their numerous wars with the Naboo? Why was there an authoritarian command of the armed forces, and why did they find Jar Jar to be the right candidate for that strategic leader?

Their strategy was a diversion so that the Queen's forces could infiltrate the city and take the capital, clearly explained in the movie. Their form of government is irrelevant to them being an effective military, and again, the final point is a support for the whole Jar JAr sith lord theory, he was MANIPULATING them

You know nothing about the Gungans except, 1: They have a fascist government under the leadership of Boss Nass

2: They have been at War against the Naboo (and everyone's totally cool with it, apparently)

3: They have a unique appearance and weapons

4: They live in Underwater cities but are somehow able to evacuate to land. (curiously with only soldiers and with no civilian women or children)

Where, at all, does it say they are at war with the Naboo? Not in the movie, and whatever book you're citing is no longer canon. The hostilities are mere quabbles and disputes, not wars... I think you need to watch Episode 1 again.

The civilians were possibly evacuated to a different place, I doubt they would put all of their military in one position, as shown in the scene... It was a fraction of what they mustered in the grasslands battle.

I'm wondering what your point is with this quote and how at all it supports your thesis that the whole Ewok battle was superior in any way to the Gungan battle. Mesa Denken Yousa just hate the Gungans

• Like 1

...The Ewoks were ...  believable in their guerrila tactics and ferocity against overwhelming odds.... on film they were believable.

hahaha... yes of course, if you were 7 years old. This line of yours is so funny that I am actually laughing but what is even funnier is that you tried to use it twice to make your point. Even as children we thought the Ewoks were stupid and we all made fun of them.

George was a smart marketer and used muppets to keep the children interested so they would bother their parents to buy his toys. You can say what you want about GL but he was a film marketing genius and a visual and audio visionary. He also excelled at conceptual design. As a script writer he was awful and as a director he was average. Still Star wars was a master piece and ESB was almost as good. RotJ was weak.

But maybe the dumbest thing that ever came out from the Star Wars movies after the ewoks was the star wars Christmas special

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx5v3VJ4zPM

Edited by Kate The Bionic Uterus

Where, at all, does it say they are at war with the Naboo? Not in the movie, and whatever book you're citing is no longer canon. The hostilities are mere quabbles and disputes, not wars... I think you need to watch Episode 1 again.

And what, if I may ask, has the current canon to do with the believability in the scene, when it was originally out? Just saying. I have no recollection of the movie at all, nor any EU around it, so I'm not adding any conversation about it more than that; I'm just curious about the arguments here.

And what, if I may ask, has the current canon to do with the believability in the scene, when it was originally out? Just saying. I have no recollection of the movie at all, nor any EU around it, so I'm not adding any conversation about it more than that; I'm just curious about the arguments here.

I'm disproving his statement of how the gungans were at war with the Naboo, I touched on the "believability" in other posts mate

How dare you post anything of the Holiday Special.... Think of the children!

Then that supports my point, visually I see teddy bears with ancient mechanisms while the Empire has advanced technology... The gungan attacks were coordinated while the Ewoks played it by ear, they weren't nearly as organized.

.. I literally mean what was presented in the film, not the mechanisms they used or their physical strength. The Ewoks used guerilla tactics which is the only resort of something that size. They ambushed single units and worked in a coordinated fashion to take down larger units (which was ultimately unsuccessful, save one)

The Gungans marched into the field and stood there. The fact that it's a ruse is irrelevant. There was no intelligent tactical purpose to the whole scene; it was a droid action figure commercial.

How are they believable at all? Emotion or not, I didn't care at all about those "oh poor care bears getting blasted" That was the only part that was believable.

We will have to agree that this is frankly opinion, I may have been young at the film's offset, but something as impressively traumatic as the ewok trying to wake his dead friend and discovering the sobering truth about warfare added needed dimension to the whole conflict.

Also, the tree trunk trap things are totally plausible to destroy an ATST like that.

Their strategy was a diversion so that the Queen's forces could infiltrate the city and take the capital, clearly explained in the movie. Their form of government is irrelevant to them being an effective military, and again, the final point is a support for the whole Jar JAr sith lord theory, he was MANIPULATING them

My point is that the Gungans have no crucial details about their culture, political structure, or military ranks. The fact that they were a diversion is merely them serving as a plot device.

Yeah.. You've got me there. I guess I read too far into the lines of "Weesa no like the Naboo". Honestly there has been very little EU material about the Naboo people excluding the campaign in Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds.

The civilians were possibly evacuated to a different place, I doubt they would put all of their military in one position, as shown in the scene... It was a fraction of what they mustered in the grasslands battle.

What part of "When in trouble, Gungans go to Sacred Place" mentioned a different secret hiding spot for the rest of the Gungan people? The writers and animators didn't make them, because no one bothered to think that far into the plot. They needed a secret meeting with the Queen, and that was it.

It's all going to be a matter of opinion here. I personally quite enjoyed the Ewok battle, while, if I remember correctly (it has been a year and a half), all I thought about the Gungan battle was that it was kind of boring.

In the meantime, we've veered quite off topic...

.. I literally mean what was presented in the film, not the mechanisms they used or their physical strength. The Ewoks used guerilla tactics which is the only resort of something that size. They ambushed single units and worked in a coordinated fashion to take down larger units (which was ultimately unsuccessful, save one)

You're trying to justify random attacks, which include ewoks trying to hit the AT-STs with their fists or dropping rocks. occasionally they manage something successful, but again it's just so bad.

The Gungans marched into the field and stood there. The fact that it's a ruse is irrelevant. There was no intelligent tactical purpose to the whole scene; it was a droid action figure commercial.

Welcome to 18th Century field combat 101. Troopers lined up to attack in lines rather than spreadding out and finding cover, this was probably what was employed. They also had a SHIELD generator, so that the massive influx of droids could be handed by their own hand-shield units blocking the fire and the artillery launching EMP balls at them. Not a bad strategy, They stood there because they knew they had to keep the droids occupied until the city was taken, moving and advancing on their positions may have jeopardized that.

We will have to agree that this is frankly opinion, I may have been young at the film's offset, but something as impressively traumatic as the ewok trying to wake his dead friend and discovering the sobering truth about warfare added needed dimension to the whole conflict.

Also, the tree trunk trap things are totally plausible to destroy an ATST like that.

Oh please, you're adding depth to a scene that probably has nothing more to in than "oh this is sad, feel bad for the dead ewok." Star Wars isn't exactly one for those Band of brothers themes at all (except for Republic Commando and Battlefront.) This entire concept is just grasping at straws mate, you using opinions to justify how "the ewoks are better" while I'm using facts

The tree trunk may have been plausible if it had sufficient mass to heavily dent a clearly structured tank, I don't think anyone would have done this on any tank in world war II because it probably would not have work

My point is that the Gungans have no crucial details about their culture, political structure, or military ranks. The fact that they were a diversion is merely them serving as a plot device.

... Are you kidding me? You yourself said they are run by a Gungan king, the movie SHOWS they have a council, and, oh yes, the king promotes Jar Jar to a General and as seen there are captains in this military... All elements which you say they don't have. And you say the ewoks do have some sort of functioning government and military? The ewoks at best are run by some tribal king and that's it... Dead and done, they end up worshipping a droid because they  have never seen it before, and Gungas are all like "meh" because they are far more advanced than that.

Yeah.. You've got me there. I guess I read too far into the lines of "Weesa no like the Naboo". Honestly there has been very little EU material about the Naboo people excluding the campaign in Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds.

What part of "When in trouble, Gungans go to Sacred Place" mentioned a different secret hiding spot for the rest of the Gungan people? The writers and animators didn't make them, because no one bothered to think that far into the plot. They needed a secret meeting with the Queen, and that was it.

Sacred Place doesn't necessarily mean one area, just because of what Jar Jar said... Again, it's CLEAR that the rest of the military shows up when they go out to battle the droids, not all of what we saw in the grasslands were in the forest with the Gungan King. Please watch the movie again, because your evidence is so poorly strung together it's almost giving me cancer.

In the meantime, we've veered quite off topic...

Indeed, I'd like to actually return to the subject at hand

Kyle Katarn was fantastic character... with a not so fantastic apprentice... (P.S. someone should remake Jedi Knight Jedi academy and revamp the story, because the dark side ending of JKA is the stuff )

Anyway, if this is what I think it is, we got another confirmation, or perhaps not necessarily a confirmation but an affirmation of support of the theory by Mark Hamil

Kyle Katarn was fantastic character... with a not so fantastic apprentice... (P.S. someone should remake Jedi Knight Jedi academy and revamp the story, because the dark side ending of JKA is the stuff)

Anyway, if this is what I think it is, we got another confirmation, or perhaps not necessarily a confirmation but an affirmation of support of the theory by Mark Hamil

Now I feel bad, because if this theory is true, than Ill no longer be apart of an elite group of Jar Jar fans

Now I feel bad, because if this theory is true, than Ill no longer be apart of an elite group of Jar Jar fans

TBQH if it isn't true i'll be slightly disappointed simply because of the potential of this twist...

The only other plausible identity for Snoke IMO would be Darth Maul (Assuming Jar Jar is Plageuis

• Like 1

TBQH if it isn't true i'll be slightly disappointed simply because of the potential of this twist...

The only other plausible identity for Snoke IMO would be Darth Maul (Assuming Jar Jar is Plageuis

IDT Maul can be Snoke as he is a lizard like figure, he could be a distorted Jar Jar though

IDT Maul can be Snoke as he is a lizard like figure, he could be a distorted Jar Jar though

Well JJ Abrams is known for throwing red herrings out there to confuse the audience before it is released (I.E. ST Into Darkness) so you never know

Well JJ Abrams is known for throwing red herrings out there to confuse the audience before it is released (I.E. ST Into Darkness) so you never know

Yes, when it comes to JJ, anything could be possible... And we still dont know what happened to him after he escaped from Sidious and Dooku

The truth about jar jar binks is....

Jar has three letters in it, so if we assume that the other jar in his name is merely a repetition used for emphasis upon his name, rather than another piece of his name, we can safely say that we are only going to count one jar. Jar has three letters, and binks has 5 letters, but if you take those 5 letters and take away an s, considering s isn't a very dominate or masculine letter, we can count it out.

So 4 times 3 equals 12, and if we add that s again, we get 13...

Jar jar binks is the illuminati leader confirmed.

And due to being the illuminati leader, they couldn't cast him in this movie.